"The Ancestors Tale", By Richard Dawkins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, I finally finished it. It's a spectacular read and I certainly recommend it to everyone.

I read it over the summer, it was definitely the best book I've read the entire year, I highly highly recommend it!!!

Wow that is one of my favorite books. I have recommended it to most of my friends. I would acutally put this book higher compared to Orgin of Species.

My oh my is it amazing. From the first paragraph I've been hooked.

So would someone please copy some of the TOC so those of us that dont have it can get an idea about what topics it covers?

Or say in your own words what the basic outline of the book is?

Sounds like it's great, and it's about whole history of evolving terrestrial life, from the original soup. But how about a little more grist, some detail about this or that, to give others an idea?

• 1 month later...

It is the first of Dawkin's books where I have not been utterly turned off by his typical self aggrandising, presumptuous, unscientific blinkered approach to his subject matter. In this work he actually uses to the full, with proper and praiseworthy acknowledgement, the research of others. It is a fascinating work and quite sufficient for me to forgive all his earlier hubris.