Strange Picture

herme3

I guess this is a little off-topic' date=' but the date was 9/21/2005, not 21/9/2005. Your Elementary school should have taught you that 9/21/2005 means it is the 21st day, not the 21st month! :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Not everybody uses the mm/dd format. Some (esp. in Europe, AFAIK) use dd/mm. You probably could have resolved this without, in essense, calling someone else stupid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been established that it was a digital camera?

Do we know if perhaps the photographer was inside of a car at the time of the picture?

Hmmm.. Inside a car, now that`s a good option too! and would probably explain the vibration on a short exposure also, as a car on Idle is about 750 RPM, as the rest of the pic doesn`t seem to suggest a long exposure.

as for the digi cam, the date (american convention) makes it look that way and the border is cliped nicely too, actualy there aren`t many Film type cams that will allow a double expose either, if we ignore the digital side, and the date stamp on film types is most often in White.

all of these are far more likely than anything "Supernatural"

Hmmm.. Inside a car' date=' now that`s a good option too! and would probably explain the vibration on a short exposure also, as a car on Idle is about 750 RPM, as the rest of the pic doesn`t seem to suggest a long exposure.

[/quote']

It seemed a logical extension of your pane of glass suggestion.

I just did the maths, and 3 hops (bounces of the light source) would fit perfectly into a shutter speed of just under 1/4 of a second too :)

the human arm(s) holding the cam would absorb this tiny motion, the window and chassis (solid) would move with the engine! :)

Herme3, you`ll have to email your Friend and ask them about this, or maybe even better Present them with this, and see what they say :))

I guess this is a little off-topic, but the date was 9/21/2005, not 21/9/2005. Your Elementary school should have taught you that 9/21/2005 means it is the 21st day, not the 21st month!

It was a joke, for all the british people in here; I was also leading up to some kind of "what crazy, bizare and fundamentally stoopid alien race would put the month before the day" kinda joke, but carnt be arsed now.

plus, i didnt attend elementary school, so :P

I guess this is a little off-topic, but the date was 9/21/2005, not 21/9/2005. Your Elementary school should have taught you that 9/21/2005 means it is the 21st day, not the 21st month! :rolleyes:

And you should have learned that not everyone in the entire world uses the same date format as us. They also use this wierd measurement system called the "metric system". Its true. Look it up. :rolleyes:

And you[/i'] should have learned that not everyone in the entire world uses the same date format as us. They also use this wierd measurement system called the "metric system". Its true. Look it up. :rolleyes:

To add to that, no one in the entire world uses the same date format as the U.S, except Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_date

You're living in a bubble people! :D

Those would be some good explanations, but I don't think he was in a car, or indoors. This is what he said in the e-mail he sent me with the picture:

We were out walking at night near the cemetery. I took this near the cemetery at night and there were no cars and my camera was not dirty.

Even if the camera was shaking, what would have created the lights in the first place? Candles would not explain all the different colors. He said there were no cars. I don't know this person, so I can't say he didn't make them on his computer. However, I don't understand why he would go through the trouble just to send them to my web site.

Those would be some good explanations' date=' but I don't think he was in a car, or indoors. This is what he said in the e-mail he sent me with the picture:

We were out walking at night near the cemetery. I took this near the cemetery at night and there were no cars and my camera was not dirty.

don`t you find that the Least bit Curiuos in itself? WHY would he even Mention Cars in his original email?

why specificaly mention a CAR at all?

read and then re-read that quote again...!

the dirty cam is a red-herring, designed to distract you from the CAR point!

Baaaah! he knows it was a Crock of sh!t from the get go, but you`re such a gullible sucker he figured he`de put one over on ya, and he has!

no offense dude, but I`de pick and choose my "Friends" a little more carefully in future :)

Actually, its our[/i'] system thats crazy. The base 10 metric system makes a lot more sense, it is just hard to get used to. (which reminds me, I've got to study).

Yes, it is easier to convert between meters, kilometers, etc. However, the temperature is crazy. When I think of the temperature being 30 degrees, it sounds cold to me. In countries that use Celsius, they think it is hot.

don`t you find that the Least bit Curiuos in itself? WHY would he even Mention Cars in his original email?

why specificaly mention a CAR at all?

read and then re-read that quote again...!

the dirty cam is a red-herring' date=' designed to distract you from the CAR point!

Baaaah! he knows it was a Crock of sh!t from the get go, but you`re such a gullible sucker he figured he`de put one over on ya, and he has!

no offense dude, but I`de pick and choose my "Friends" a little more carefully in future :)[/quote']

I don't think it is strange he would mention a car. If you look closely at the picture, you will see a road sign in the background. Since there is a road there, I think he just wanted to make it clear that there was no traffic.

He isn't really a friend. I don't know anything about him, and he even used an anonymous name in his e-mail. He is just a visitor to my web site.

Case in point: no one here believes in ghosts, herme3. Take you photos somewhere else please.

You are the only person who said anything about ghosts.

You are the only person who said anything about ghosts.

Let me see: You bring a picture here taken at Gettysburgh at night with wierd lights in it, asking for an explanation. you've done it 3 times before, and wouldn't listen to anyone who said it wasn't ghosts. Do the math. "Its ghosts! its ghosts!" is on the tip of your tongue, you are just deliberately dancing around it.

Let me see: You bring a picture here taken at Gettysburgh at night with wierd lights in it, asking for an explanation. you've done it 3 times before, and wouldn't listen to anyone who said it wasn't ghosts. Do the math. "Its ghosts! its ghosts!" is on the tip of your tongue, you are just deliberately dancing around it.

I only created one other thread with Gettysburg pictures. They were pictures that I took, and I said they looked like they could be ghosts.

This is a completely different thread, with a completely different picture, from a completely different photographer. The only person who mentioned ghosts is you.

Herme3....do you believe in ghosts?

That is a difficult question to answer. When I'm looking at the "ghost pictures" I took in Gettysburg, I believe that there is probably a good explanation that does not involve ghosts, or the supernatural. I'm beginning to agree with everyone that the orb pictures I took are due to either long exposure, or insects flying in the air. I took some pictures in places that I can't imagine being haunted, and I found orbs.

I really don't know what to think about the picture I posted in this thread. It looks completely unlike any picture I have ever taken, or any picture I've seen in a book or on a web site. It looks like something that could have been artificially created on a computer. However, I don't like to accuse anyone of creating a fake photo, unless I can prove it. Therefore, I will consider the picture to be something unusual that was found in the Gettysburg cemetery.

Now, back to the question of whether or not I believe in ghosts. I don't believe I have actually experienced a ghost, or taken a picture of a ghost. However, I do know some close friends and family members that say they have actually experienced a ghost. My Grandma said she clearly saw a ghost walk in her bedroom when she was young. Other members of her family had also seen the ghost. They decided to do some research, and they found out that their house was built on an old cemetery.

My Grandma never tells very many people that story. She is also not the type of person that would ever make up a story like that. Her story can't scientifically prove the existence of ghosts, but I certainly keep an open mind about the possibility that ghosts could exist.

Okay, fine. What do you think the reason for the color blotches in the picture are?

I have no idea...

Case in point: no one here believes in ghosts, herme3.

You're wrong. There are at least two people here open to the possibility that traces of a person can remain after they have left a place and even after they have died.

Have I ever seen a ghost? Not to my knowledge; I've never even heard one. Do I expect to ever see a ghost? Nope, not my talent. Do I think that at least half of my friends and acquaintances are delusional nuts? Absolutely not. People see, and even more often hear things. And they [and even I] can feel things.

I have been to haunted places, and Gettysburg is one of them.

That being said, I come down hard on the side of the skeptics about those pictures.