Internet doesn't work because of new mouse drivers

dragono

I just resently got a new kennsington mouse and after I installed the drivers it COMPLETLY SCREWED UP MY COMPUTER.

Now when I try to go on the Internet it times out, even when I try to connect through a proxy.

My sygate firewall will not start.

The mouse is way to sensitive on everything but the desktop.

The floopy drive doesn't work.

System restore does not work (I tried mulitple points)

I have tried my old mouse on the computer (it thinks it's the new mouse), tried uninstalling the mouse drivers (didn't help), tried scan disk, defrag, antivirus and antispyware scans (did nothing), and tried the Internet with the same modem on a different computer (it works fine).

My comp is a:

Windows XP (service pack 2)

AMD 3000 XP

Nforce 3 motherboard

1 gig ram

200 gig hard drive

Floopy, DVD/CD drives

Gforce 5700 256mb graphics card

and was working perfectly fine for 3 months before I installed the new mouse drivers.

Well you sure do have a problem and it is more of a problem than mouse drivers alone can do. Virus quite probable. So do some scans etc. remember that as you have system restore on viruses will archive themselves within your restore feature and will reinstall themselves each time you turn your computer on, you'll basically need to remove all restore points to ensure the virus doesn't hide in there.

You'll need a good virus scanner (I like the avast boot time scan personally).

If you can then a format might just be simpler than the hassle of finding/deleting viruses, then making sure they don't come back. For example I know my uncle had a virus that could avoid scans by hiding in the recycle bin. Restore points is a common place, YT2095 once had one in the printer buffer, it can be a hassle basically! Format should remove everything. (I say should because I know someone who formated without formating the OS partition and the virus hid in the OS partition and thus survived the format... nasty bugger!)