TV Host - To Will Take Heroin on Show

Edisonian

ABC reports that the host of a new Dutch talk show says he is going to take heroin and other illegal drugs on air for his TV show. The show premiers on October 10 and the translation of the show’s title is “Shoot Up and Swallow.” The host will go on a drinking binge in a bunch of bars, and will take LSD under his mother’s supervision.

I know drug laws are more relaxed in the Netherlands, I do have some friends there... But I didn't think heavy-duty stuff like Heroine was legal.

edit: Ah Ha, I'm right.

"Even in the liberal Netherlands, where marijuana is sold and used openly, the proposed action by presenter Filemon Wesselink is illegal, and the idea was met with dismay by the governing center-right Christian Democrat party. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/21/world/main871807.shtml

Just because they are illegal here doesnt necessarily mean they are illegal there.
There aren't many countries in which drugs like that are legal, but I suppose that this is true. If he filmed the show in another country and broadcasted it in Holland or wherever there's still the issue of whether it's legal to show on TV.

That guy's a nutter, so's his mum for supervising him. 8-| Weird. If that's the price of fame (suicide practically) then... well... he's a nutter?!

Why are the police powerless? They have video evidence that no-one can dispute of him doing the drugs, so why cant they arrest and charge him?

Like Kate Moss whom everyone is annoying talking about lately, if there are photos of her doing crack then arrest and charge her like you would anyone else.

I know drug laws are more relaxed in the Netherlands' date=' I do have some friends there... But I didn't think heavy-duty stuff like Heroine was legal.

edit: Ah Ha, I'm right.

"Even in the liberal Netherlands, where marijuana is sold and used openly, the proposed action by presenter Filemon Wesselink is illegal, and the idea was met with dismay by the governing center-right Christian Democrat party. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/21/world/main871807.shtml[/quote']

I'm sure that heroin is illegal, but I was trying to state that just because in the USA everything is illegal, it doesnt mean that its illegal over there. Isnt he going to be using other drugs in addition to heroin?

Honestly though, why would you want to shoot up on national television? If you want to go do heroin, then do what you want, cant say I really care, but whats the point of advertising it to the world?

heroine has that stigma for a reason....

That may be, but all drugs have some kind of stigma, and I dont necessarily agree with some of them. Like weed for example, I dont see why weed cant be legalized. Alchohol is a drug and thats legal. You hear about drinking related deaths all the time, but you hardly ever hear anything about weed related deaths.

For reasons, yes. Not necessarily good reasons.

lets see, I have a cousin who died from it, take a look at the avatar for anouther death related to it... not to mention the hiv that it spreads (even to the non-heroine abusing population

That may be, but all drugs have some kind of stigma, and I dont necessarily agree with some of them. Like weed for example, I dont see why weed cant be legalized. Alchohol is a drug and thats legal. You hear about drinking related deaths all the time, but you hardly ever hear anything about weed related deaths.

I would have to agree with you on the weed bit, even as a person who has never partaken I would say that there is no reason weed should be illegal while alcohol is. However drugs like heroine and cocaine usually do require medical intervention to break the addiction, and should be kept outlawed.

In my oppinion any substance that is addictive should not be sold by a company as a commercial product. As it allows the company to physically force you to buy their product. Yes I do have a problem with cigarrette companies, but I would have a far larger problem with a company that was alowed to sell heroine or anouther drug such as that, that is so addictive that a person must be hospitalized in order to get clean.