Help needed with windows xp installation!

The Peon

Ok here is the scenario. I will try to keep it simple for a reasonable diagnosis. I had installed windowsxp home, and then I proceeded to install my new mobo drivers, but I left the 4 in 1 drivers for last (why I dont know, im an idiot I guess). Well, upon reset, I was going to install the drivers when as soon as I got to windows the comp would reset. I could only get to the OS in safe mode, and even then the comp would reset if I attempted to even browse the mobo driver CD.

So I tried to reinstall windows itself, but when its loading the initial drivers it hangs on "Generic USB parent driver" most of the time, but also hangs on random others as well, and then stops reading the disk! I cant reinstall anything so I am stuck in a loop. I tried making a boot disk so I could format C:\ in DOS but I can only find floppy versions, and I dont have a floppy drive. Please help! :-(

You can't start your computer, you cant read the XP CD to reinstal...

try these two:

they assume you are not too worried about formatting

1) Boot into winXP via safe mode and load the winXP CD to see if the CD works, see if there are any useful reinstal windows or format buttons there.

2) err, can't remember what the 2nd one was, too tired!

If you really are desperate you can always just take the HDDs to another computer and format them through that computer.