Suicide graph

I need a graph  that shows  the average suicide rate in different months of the year.........

I searched the net couldnt find anything......  i would be pleased if anybody could help me with this thank you ......

Edited by Saber

4 minutes ago, Saber said:

I need a graph  that shows  the average suicide rate in different month of the year.........

I searched the net couldnt find anything......  i would be pleased if anybody could help me with this thank you ......

Give me the data and I will give you the graph.

Thanx to all folks............but i  thought  it  peaked in   winter..............seems i was not right .......right ?

in the graph  Mr. Sensi    showed it  indicated that its vise versa.......and its min. is in winter ...

@Saber It all depends on the details. When it's winter in the northern hemisphere, it's summer in the southern hemisphere. So, get Australia etc. data, and analyze it, compare with northern hemisphere country..

7 hours ago, Saber said:

Thanx to all folks............but i  thought  it  peaked in   winter..............seems i was not right .......right ?

in the graph  Mr. Sensi    showed it  indicated that its vise versa.......and its min. is in winter ...

I’ve heard the same, for N Europe, I think. But that graph looks as if it may be for the US.  Possibly the pressures are seasonally different there.

7 hours ago, Sensei said:

@Saber It all depends on the details. When it's winter in the northern hemisphere, it's summer in the southern hemisphere. So, get Australia etc. data, and analyze it, compare with northern hemisphere country..

The population  who  lives in the south    is so low  i dont  think  its  significant enough to have any affect on the global graphs.....nd  nearly  all of them  live in the latitudes who  dont have winter.....only in NZ  &   the  southern  parts of Argentina + Chile....and maybe   some  mild  winter in  Victoria & Tasmania of  Aus.     all  of them  wouldnt add  up to 45M  people = 0.5%  of the world

6 hours ago, exchemist said:

I’ve heard the same, for N Europe, I think. But that graph looks as if it may be for the US.  Possibly the pressures are seasonally different there.

The water is cold in winter, so people who want to commit suicide by jumping into the river are afraid of dying from freezing, not drowning..

ps. The availability of weapons in the U.S. (and similar places) makes the situation different than in the rest of the world..

ps2. There are a lot of people in the US who are afraid to be alone, so they take a few people with them..

Edited by Sensei

56 minutes ago, Sensei said:

The water is cold in winter, so people who want to commit suicide by jumping into the river are afraid of dying from freezing, not drowning..

People who want to commit suicide, are afraid of pain not death... 🙄

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

ps. The availability of weapons in the U.S. (and similar places) makes the situation different than in the rest of the world..

ps2. There are a lot of people in the US who are afraid to be alone, so they take a few people with them..

There is also the opioid crisis in the US, which I understand results in suicides. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/about/director/messages/2019/suicide-deaths-are-a-major-component-of-the-opioid-crisis-that-must-be-addressed  But I can't account for the seasonality.

On looking into it briefly, I am unable to substantiate what I had previously understood about a suicide peak in winter in N Europe. It may be that that is just a popular myth. 

@exchemist Understandable. The myth found me (Google gave it).

It is purely US issue. Here not existent. I know nobody who takes any opioids (legally or illegally)..

47 minutes ago, exchemist said:

There is also the opioid crisis in the US, which I understand results in suicides.

..but they are depressants.. i.e., they make a person less active, less agitated, sleepy.. etc.

It is hard to commit suicide if you are drunk and almost sleeping, as long as you have no easy access to weapons (and bike/motor/car)..

(You need the statistics of blood analysis of people who committed suicide, how many of them were under the influence of X, Y and Z...)

Which opens yet another level of complexity - how many of drunk drivers/motorcyclists were actually suiciders-to-be..,

("did they hit XXX (e.g. tree) and died because they were drunk/intoxicated, or the reverse, they took the last drink with the last stuff, to have courage to hit XXX)

"depressant" does not make you "depressed"..

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

People who respond to you are afraid of the image of your portfolio.. ;)

Edited by Sensei

19 minutes ago, Sensei said:

@exchemist Understandable. The myth found me (Google gave it).

It is purely US issue. Here not existent. I know nobody who takes any opioids (legally or illegally)..

..but they are depressants.. i.e., they make a person less active, less agitated, sleepy.. etc.

It is hard to commit suicide if you are drunk and almost sleeping, as long as you have no easy access to weapons (and bike/motor/car)..

(You need the statistics of blood analysis of people who committed suicide, how many of them were under the influence of X, Y and Z...)

Which opens yet another level of complexity - how many of drunk drivers/motorcyclists were actually suiciders-to-be..

Read the link. It suggests an association. 

20 hours ago, Sensei said:

They need only fear the avatar, when we're playing poker

20 hours ago, Sensei said:

Which opens yet another level of complexity - how many of drunk drivers/motorcyclists were actually suiciders-to-be..,

("did they hit XXX (e.g. tree) and died because they were drunk/intoxicated, or the reverse, they took the last drink with the last stuff, to have courage to hit XXX)

It's not the drug they use, that's the issue, it's that they are taking them for a reason; and that reason is often depressing.

• 5 months later...
On 5/27/2023 at 2:37 PM, dimreepr said:

Shooting to death those accused of cowardice in WW1’s British army exposes the ambiguity of suicide because any soldiers used as machine gun fodder without being given enough covering fire in WW1 are technically on a suicide mission relative to modern combat. Those who deserted their posts in WW1 might in retrospect have been influenced by having been abandoned by other troops as well rather than deserting by cowardice alone. Hence no matter how much people dislike or support suicide it’s all relative to a collective population that likely isn’t very ethical even if the collective is slightly ethical. So maybe humility in the context of suicide means not to love or hate the concept of suicide too much! 

Every suicide could have been prevented if we could go wherever we wanted at any given time with the option of solidarity, and the right video and audio reinforcement, the right sensations, time can work miracles for an otherwise overly compartmentalized and competitive populace. The issue is that most all spacecraft need to stop and refuel, and are not fast enough to do so on limited fuel before being caught up with. The solution to this problem is out there, I assure you. I just, I just need more time. Please don't let them turn me into a "jerk". 

Edited by Engineeer

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2023 at 12:54 AM, Engineeer said:

The solution to this problem is out there, I assure you. I just, I just need more time.

The problem of evil is in every political and ethical belief system. So people who don't care much about other suicide victims and then die by suicide themselves are capable of doing so for frivolous reasons. Yet anyone who's evil can kill themselves to downplay martyrdom in ethical people yet that doesn't mean that others can't be martyred in suicide against other evil people. So suicide could be resolved by individualism where we can tolerate suicide victims without always viewing them as representatives of a suicide collective. 

11 hours ago, Michael McMahon said:

The problem of evil is in every political and ethical belief system. So people who don't care much about other suicide victims and then die by suicide themselves are capable of doing so for frivolous reasons. Yet anyone who's evil can kill themselves to downplay martyrdom in ethical people yet that doesn't mean that others can't be martyred in suicide against other evil people. So suicide could be resolved by individualism where we can tolerate suicide victims without always viewing them as representatives of a suicide collective. 

The problem is, evil is just as immune to a proper definition, as is time.

The problem of kindness, is that it's trying to kill my dog; my wife can't stop giving him treat's...

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, dimreepr said:

The problem is, evil is just as immune to a proper definition, as is time.

The problem of kindness, is that it's trying to kill my dog; my wife can't stop giving him treat's...

Perhaps euthanasia and suicide are equally painful in terms of the physical body but it's possible euthanasia might be less mentally stressful seeing as the euthanasia patient could meditate more during the death whereas a suicide patient might struggle harder to distract themselves during death. One point overlooked during the suicide debate is that many suicide victims might not have been physically strong athletes meaning that they're not capable of being mentally extremely strong to begin with when it comes to tackling mental health issues. That is to say there can be a connection between physical and emotional strength. The alleged romanticisation of suicide is parodied in Holland where both prostitution and euthanasia is legal! Euthanasia isn't really required by many with suicidal ideation but were society already indulgent in a lot of other areas like welfare and capitalism then perhaps euthanasia could be a bonus form of charity to suicidal people. 

"I might hang myself tomorrow..."

Avicii Lonely Together ft. Rita Ora 

"Lonely Together" is a song by Swedish DJ Avicii, featuring English singer Rita Ora. The song was released on 11 August 2017"

One year later(!):

"Avicii fans were devastated when the Swedish DJ took his own life on April 20, 2018." nypost 

13 hours ago, Michael McMahon said:

Perhaps euthanasia and suicide are equally painful in terms of the physical body but it's possible euthanasia might be less mentally stressful seeing as the euthanasia patient could meditate more during the death whereas a suicide patient might struggle harder to distract themselves during death. One point overlooked during the suicide debate is that many suicide victims might not have been physically strong athletes meaning that they're not capable of being mentally extremely strong to begin with when it comes to tackling mental health issues.

The difference between the two is contentment, for instance, someone who knows that death is imminent/inevitable wants to limit the physical pain/sufering in one, in order too limit the pain and suffering in other's; not so much in the group that's just pissed off with today.

Ironically, it's Today that seems to be the reasoning...