Beecee

dimreepr

I mentioned being curious in another thread somewhere.  Weren't his last posts expressing some dissatisfaction with a heated discussion he was in?  (sorry, don't recall topic,  maybe politics or sports/gender?)  

ETA:  His last few posts in Transgender Athletes were sprinkled with down votes.  But none indicated he was leaving SFN as a result of that.  

Edited by TheVat

On 5/6/2023 at 4:42 PM, TheVat said:

ETA:  His last few posts in Transgender Athletes were sprinkled with down votes.  But none indicated he was leaving SFN as a result of that.  

I did notice, and I did wonder if it had any relation to that. It didn't look to me like there was a connection, but I don't remember why.

Overall, I think his contributions were more on the side of being very much appreciated around here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, dimreepr said:

Does anyone know what happened to @beecee?

Still around...

On 5/6/2023 at 10:55 PM, Bufofrog said:

No, I do know that he indicated he was quite old though...

79 in July but still doing OK...love a VB or two or three...

On 5/7/2023 at 12:42 AM, TheVat said:

I mentioned being curious in another thread somewhere.  Weren't his last posts expressing some dissatisfaction with a heated discussion he was in?  (sorry, don't recall topic,  maybe politics or sports/gender?)  

Yes, I was pretty convinced that there was one or two making a mockery of it, considering I was continually supporting the scientific view and research and obviously the lack of evidence at this time. That view is still supported and actually re-enforced...but only a small reason for my absence, as I  have been in Fiji also for extended stays. 

Edited by beecee

On 5/8/2023 at 8:39 AM, joigus said:

I did notice, and I did wonder if it had any relation to that. It didn't look to me like there was a connection, but I don't remember why.

Overall, I think his contributions were more on the side of being very much appreciated around here.

Thanks.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:56 AM, beecee said:

Yes, I was pretty convinced that there was one or two making a mockery of it, considering I was continually supporting the scientific view and research and obviously the lack of evidence at this time. That view is still supported and actually re-enforced...but only a small reason for my absence, as I  have been in Fiji also for extended stays.

Glad to hear you are still around, I for one found the vast majority of your arguments sound and logical. And if I ever had a disagreement at any point (can't think of any but I'm sure I probably did) I still respect you. 

Also the fact that you had been missed already is testament to the value you hold as a member of this forum!

Keep posting, the forum needs you :)

10 hours ago, Sensei said:

c'mon.. who loves Visual Basic?! Who?! You cannot be so old! ;)

I am and do still use it. Along with C++, and Pascal. Particularly when programming hardware drivers.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:12 PM, Mordred said:

I am and do still use it. Along with C++, and Pascal. Particularly when programming hardware drivers.

Few people know that you don't even need to download anything to compile programs on Windows. There are three languages that are built into Windows (starting with Windows 7 or Vista): C#, Visual Basic and JavaScript (in the web browser). Source code must be written in wordpad/notepad. No debugging capabilities. No IDE.

C-sharp compiler:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\csc program-name.cs
%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.XXX\csc program-name.cs
%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vXXX\csc program-name.cs
Replace XXX by appropriate to your OS version and revision (to learn it, use dir "%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework")

Visual Basic compiler is in the same folder.

ps. Which is abused by hackers..

Edited by Sensei