Metaphysics is Art

nameta9

The only thing that will be left to study in the future is philosophy. It is science that will end. Once all our practical scientific-technical problems have been solved, and we can manipulate all matter and ourselves infinitely, then only philosophy-metaphysics-art will be left, and that study will last forever.

This study will lead to inventing any arbitrary science and art form as knowledge. Any sequence of signs and pictures can become an invented irrational mathematics-physics.

Trying to understand metaphysical problems in philosophy always ends up questioning more fundamental assumptions as it proceeds. Why "understand" more or less ? Why use any form of logic ? What exactly are we trying to reach ? These ideas go on forever and as you proceed you slowly disassemble all thought processes, logic, reason, all intentions and you end up with everything and/or nothing. The end result is mostly aesthetic or artistic. Just invent arbitrarily anything etc.

Philosophy has no given goal. It doesn't necessarily want to increase our understanding, some philosophers may want to decrease our understanding as "understanding" may not be such an interesting goal. Some philosophy likes the purely artistic view of things hence there is no relationship with science. Some philosophy likes to be completely wrong on everything because they are not using right and wrong concepts or non contradictions as taken for granted.

Philosophy, in the wider sense, is very much more general and abstract than science, it questions every conceivable assumption, demolishes every conceivable logic and thought process. Real philosophy is truly non social and has no use whatsoever. It is this that makes it so much grander than science.

One could say why search for the "truth" ? Why not search for the best lies, non-truths or try to get as far away as possible from the truth ? After all, searching for the truth is one of the assumptions we take for granted. Why not invent better and better lies ? why not contradict ourselves more and more ? Why is truth assigned a higher "value" than that which is "false" ?

Let's play a game of demolishing all possible assumptions:

1) why ask why ? so my philosophy doesn't ask why anymore it just assigns arbitrary false facts...

2) why execute any thought ? So my philosophy doesn't contain any thought anymore

So I can say the mind is a car tire and it's thoughts are a light bulb in your house. You can assign anything, any idea, concept; it becomes more and more an aesthetical - artistical construction. You can even go full circle and watch TV as that is the maximum philosophical achievment.

The only thing that will be left to study in the future is philosophy. It is science that will end. Once all our practical scientific-technical problems have been solved, and we can manipulate all matter and ourselves infinitely, then only philosophy-metaphysics-art will be left, and that study will last forever.

first of all, I would hardly call metaphysics a study. Second, I don't think humans will ever unlock every secret of the earth and universe as long as we around as a species.

I think that is a big overstatement. Even IF we do know all the rules of physics of the universe, it does not mean that we can harness it. Take for example we know that E = mc^2. There's ALOT of energy in mass, let's get it out then? But how? Apparently we are unable to. Do you think your college physics professor knows how to build a TV from scratch? A car? A computer? These are very low-tech tools by today's quantum standards.

This is where we coin the term Technology. It is our ability to use our knowledge in science in useful ways. Simply, the applications. Alot of the patents flying around are based on techniques to get things done. They are no ground-breaking theories, just methods.

I know this is generally unrelated to the thread, but I thought I'd correct some viewpoints ;)

I think most college physics proffessors know how to build a tv (its just a cathode ray tube, a device that can have a varying magnetic field on a ring (tons of different circuits can do this), and a phosphorous screen)

the only difficult part about it is programming it and making the circuit board. I know that and I'm a junior in highschool.

I think most college physics proffessors know how to build a tv (its just a cathode ray tube' date=' a device that can have a varying magnetic field on a ring (tons of different circuits can do this), and a phosphorous screen)

[/quote']

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The physics behind it is relatively simple. Except now I'm sure this college professor wouldn't be familiar with how to build a cathode ray tube (unless that happens to be his area of research). How do you manufacter a phosporous screen? Do you go mine the phosphorous and then stick it into a screen? Do you even find pure phosphorous in nature? Where? What are the processes required? What are the technical difficulties encountered? Any latent effects to consider? Why did it take so many years for us to develop the color TV? Was it because we didn't have the science behind it?

Nothing new to physics, but just so much to learn from the rules and from the examples of what we have here on earth.

• 2 weeks later...

So I can say the mind is a car tire and it's thoughts are a light bulb in your house. You can assign anything, any idea, concept; it becomes more and more an aesthetical - artistical construction. You can even go full circle and watch TV as that is the maximum philosophical achievment.

We are talking about science as an expired process. After which only pure invention will reign. There are no constraints, anything can go. What is the square root of multiplication ? An invented symbol as an infinite number of others to create a purely invented science. So any image can be a language and can associate to any meaning-operation much like art. Even the most fundamental logic of dividing things up as separate or as one can be manipulated. 2 apples can be grouped as one and further grouped with the table on which they lay and this can be considered one unique object and manipulated with any kind of invention.

When science will have reached the point of manipulating our own neural networks, this will become apparent since then we will invent our own mind, emotional systems, thought structures etc. Art and science will become one and the same. Imagine a modified mind where all the information paths can be changed and all the associated emotional structures can be manipulated in billions of combinations, the space-time references can be changed, enhanced, new sense organs can be mixed and created since all the information in our minds is only electrical signals.

So then we would be using science to produce Art in the form of modified brains. But all we will ever perceive is extracted properties from objects. It is how you extract a given value or what given value you choose that makes an object perceivable, so science itself is always a pure invention. If you decide to measure the mass of a particle compared to another, you already simply invented a number since that given choice of property compared to another reference is a pure invention. We decide that that measurement is significant and important whereas objectively speaking, for the physical universe, there is no difference between that choice and any other such as the distance between 2 rocks on mars.

alright, most scientists can build a cathode ray tube, all it is is a highvoltage source and and an evacuated tube.

it took us so long to invent tv because the physics for a cathode ray tube didn't really exist until the 1860s, then you have the question of why would you want to build such an apperatus? without an express purpose to its construction it takes a long time for someone even to think of building one. I believe this happened some time in 1880. then it took until the 1930s for someone to think that "hey if I bombard a screen with electrons, I get light, if I move the beem around on the screen fast enough and vary its intensity, I can make a picture". however for someone with a bit of physics education living now the process of making a tv is relativly simple. and yes phosphorous is an element and does occur in nature (although maybe not in pure form, go check with a chemist) although most metals can do the job if applied right.

the only real technical difficulty in makeing a real tv is making the beam move back and forth across the screen at the appropriate speed and varying its intensity appropriatly in order to produce a picture.

this could be done by anyone knowledgable in maxwells equations and (I believe) high school electronics. the picture tube was invented by a 14 year old after all.

since most physics students have had both of these, most physics students should be able to design a picture tube. (in some period of time)