Super Conductors

YT2095

since they`re usualy a Ceramic material, does anyone know if they`re chemicaly reactive or not (most ceramics are Not)?

and IF we do eventualy develop one that will work at room temp, what potential (excuse the pun) might it serve as an electrode in a Battery?

that, and aslo, then you`de only have to worry out the purity of One electrode.

so you could make Really "voltage accurate" batteries too :)

I got to thinking about the Carbon rods in some cells, and then the make up of some Resistors, a batt with lower internal resistance could be usefull!

Most high Tc cuprates are not very "chemically stable", primarily, I think, due to the possibility of oxygen diffusion into the material altering the doping level. I don't know if there's any problem in an oxygen-free atmosphere, but IO suspect there are. Recently, people have been working on DyBCO as an alternative to YBCO, mostly because of its better chemical stability. Also, folks have been looking into inert coating with good lattice matching (primarily MgO, I think). Give it a look see.