Genetically Modifying Humans

GeminiinimeG

What's wrong with being shortsighted' date=' altruism is a dead art anyways.

Why would women need to clone themselves? Cloning in it self doesn't have much a of therapeutic purpose unless your attempting to derive ESCs, which once again thanks to MHCs, would only work on the person who wanted the clone.[/quote']

You mean shortsighted is no matter? Sometimes, shortsighted is deadly...

What I mean women need to clone themselves is not therapeutic. First, I don't know the reliabilty of the passage I read, if it's not true, I'm sorry about that. The passage said that because Y-chromosome in male is degenerating, so male may disappear in the future,so cloning women may be a way to maintain the existence of human being.

The passage said that because Y-chromosome in male is degenerating, so male may disappear in the future

Except that there are XX males (the result of a rare recombination), so clearly these individuals would be at a selective advantage, and thus would replace current XY males.