Early Cosmos Thoughts

Stumblebum

I'm no physicist but I thought I'd show you something I thought of long ago.

Rocket A leaves Earth at .8c to a planet 8ly away. Before it left the astronaut calculated it would take him 6 years his time(approx) to reach the planet if you took time dilation into account. I'm skipping the time dilation math. So when he arrives he calculates his distance travelled to be 6 x .8 = 4.8 ly.

What I'm about to say may have already been discussed somewhere else, I don't know. Objects with mass travel a shorter distance between 2 points than a massless photon thru spacetime. In other words mass exhibits a property rarely discussed and that is the ability to cut through spacetime as if it is trenching. The photon cannot go through space but can follow the mass object as it moves thru spacetime.

Analogy....2 points on a round inflated balloon. The distance between them would be the arc of the balloon's skin. Imagine light follows this arc because it cannot dent the skin or spacetime. This is light's shortest path. If you apply fingertip pressure on one point, simulating mass, and draw it across the balloon's skin to the other point you will notice that it not only travelled a shorter distance but a straighter course. In fact if I apply enough pressure(mass) to both points they eventually meet in the centre. I'm not saying this is the shape of the universe, just a way to show that mass travels shorter distances than light. You will also notice that the balloon's skin rebounds or stretches after the mass has passed over it thus maintaining an arc for light to travel.

This probably flies in the face of relativity but is possible if the universe rides a huge geodesic called spacetime. If all the objects in the universe ride the geodesic of spacetime and they all accelerate near to the speed of light creating infinite mass for them all then yes, everything is there all at once. You are everywhere or close to it. (Like fingertips meeting in the centre of the balloon)

Does this suggest that things are much closer than they appear? Are we living on the outside of a magnifying glass looking back? I used to think that I was looking thru a magnifying glass towards the universe.

Again, flame me if you want but try to understand this is what I conceived in my head when I first starting reading about this stuff, nothing more. Sorry, have to go to a meeting but I'll check back later.