Is it posible to create DNA personalized sequence ?

Bimathax

Hello,

Everyone knows DNA sequencing: to obtain the genome of a specific object... But is the opposite possible?
Let me explain: Is there a device to create this customized sequence ("ATGATTCGGCTGAAGTGA")?

Or, second example:

I get the genome of a protein and I modify it to improve the ability of the protein to act... Now I have my new DNA sequence on my computer but how can I transform it into a real sequence? 
And is it possible to do that?

I don't want to buy this lab device but I'm curious if it exists?

Thank's lot

Short sequences have been created for a long time. Oligos (for PCRs) are made like that. More recent development have allowed de novo synthesis of longer stretches and really long sequences can be ligated together using shorter fragments. 

I assume you mean the sequence coding for a protein (i.e. gene, not genome) and today you can do the whole thing, custom DNA sequence as well as protein expression in vitro. The yield is lower than using e.g. bacterial or yeast expression systems, but it is doable.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Alice Royee said:

The concept of personalized DNA sequences has been discussed in both scientific and popular literature. In theory, a personalized DNA sequence would be designed to match an individual's genetic code as closely as possible. This could have a range of potential applications, from improving medical treatments to creating new agricultural products. However, this technology raises important ethical questions about genetic privacy and discrimination.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

20 minutes ago, CharonY said:
22 minutes ago, CharonY said:

However, this technology raises important ethical questions about genetic privacy and discrimination.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

The genetic code is now being used to identify people who have committed crimes. So if someone has your DNA they can frame you..

People with money can buy specialized (personal) gene therapy. Poor people can't. So it is economical discrimination.

ps. Nothing new..

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

The genetic code is now being used to identify people who have committed crimes. So if someone has your DNA they can frame you..

People with money can buy specialized (personal) gene therapy. Poor people can't. So it is economical discrimination.

ps. Nothing new..

Well, you would not need knowledge of the DNA, just something containing the DNA. Yes, gene therapy is still something that is not widely available. Though once methods are more streamlined there is the a good chance that certain treatments will become more widely available (provided that the health care system is working somewhat).

The rationale is that certain ongoing treatments that could be replaced by gene therapy treatment could over someone's lifetime be more expensive.