I cant believe im saying this. The string itself does have sentience.

deema

I think each parallel universe has at it's lowest level the string. And each one is "competing" with the others to see how quickly "they" can "get there". But they, themselves have rules to follow

But what is "above" the string is my question

Edited by deema

6 hours ago, deema said:

I think each parallel universe has at it's lowest level the string. And each one is "competing" with the others to see how quickly "they" can "get there". But they, themselves have rules to follow

I can't believe your saying that either.

!

Moderator Note

OK, let's put it bluntly. NOBODY cares what you think, we only care about what you can support with evidence. So far you've just made a bunch of assertions that anybody could make. Evidence and sound reasoning are the only things that might persuade us to take you seriously. 

Read some of the other threads so you can see what I mean. Otherwise, I'm going to ban you for breaking our rules.

8 hours ago, deema said:

There is only one universe. I think the universe is made of only one string. It is negative along the string path and positive where the string overlaps. I'm not sure if it has any thickness or if signal is flowing along it but I do believe that combinations of string negativity and positivity repeat in approximate similarities to form "elements" which may be as high as 2023 and other atoms, sub-atomic "particles". I also believe everything is constantly unique.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

I think ...
I believe ....

I remember when science used to start off with "I observe ...".

Which is actually much easier than making up this garbage that has no meaning. What exactly can you predict using, "The universe is made of only one string"? It's so vague that it's ridiculous. "The string is sentient" is equally pointless and ignorant. I can't believe they're saying this.

10 hours ago, deema said:

This is called Begging the Question. You can't assume your "universe = string" exists and ask what's above it. You have to persuade us that you're right and science is wrong.

My theory is that electrons aren't all perfectly spherical little balls of exactly the same amount of negative energy. Where do they come from? Where does positive charge come from? There is no way to observe the origin of the universe but we can work backwards with our minds. I think a single string is alot more likely than any concepts of particles.

2 hours ago, AlexanderSamualDunnett said:

My theory is that electrons aren't all perfectly spherical little balls of exactly the same amount of negative energy. Where do they come from? Where does positive charge come from? There is no way to observe the origin of the universe but we can work backwards with our minds. I think a single string is alot more likely than any concepts of particles.

Going backwards with your mind seems to be a personal speciality.

Look, "in science", as a schoolteacher friend of mine says, "you can't just make shit up". You need evidence from observation and you need to show that your theory can predict what sorts of further observation we should expect. Without that, it's what on this forum is known as a WAG, a Wild-Arsed Guess. That isn't science - and the moderators here won't like it.    

I'm not sure what you mean by electrons being little spherical balls, but that has not been the model we have of the electron for the last hundred years.

Edited by exchemist

4 hours ago, AlexanderSamualDunnett said:

What do you mean by a string ?

What is it made of ?

Where did it come from ?

What are its properties particularly  in connection  to time ?

What is its connection to positive and negative ?

5 hours ago, AlexanderSamualDunnett said:

My theory is that electrons aren't all perfectly spherical little balls of exactly the same amount of negative energy. 

Experimental evidence is that the charge distribution is spherical, and that they are identical.

I’m not aware of any suggestion that they have negative energy.