Is there something wrong with math rendering?

In my recent post on the "Geometry of the real number line" thread here, 

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/128915-concerns-about-the-geometry-of-the-real-number-line/page/4/#comment-1233011

I wrote the markup for (1 - x)/2 as \frac{1-x}{2}

It rendered correctly when I committed the post. A few minutes later as I was checking for typos, I noticed that it had rendered as "1 - x2". So I edited my post, deleted the apparently faulty markup, and re-entered the correct markup.

It looked fine when I committed my post. This morning as I was checking my mentions, I noticed that it had reverted to "1 - x2" again.

Is this a known issue with the \frac command? Why did the markup render correctly for a while then revert to being rendered incorrectly? 

Edited by wtf

2 hours ago, wtf said:

I noticed that it had reverted to "1 - x2" again.

When I RMB on your math (on desktop), I see no MathJax popup menu..

Did you use [ math ] or [ latex ] open & close tags?

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, wtf said:

In my recent post on the "Geometry of the real number line" thread here, 

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/128915-concerns-about-the-geometry-of-the-real-number-line/page/4/#comment-1233011

It rendered correctly when I committed the post. A few minutes later as I was checking for typos, I noticed that it had rendered as "1 - x2". So I edited my post, deleted the apparently faulty markup, and re-entered the correct markup.

It looked fine when I committed my post. This morning as I was checking my mentions, I noticed that it had reverted to "1 - x2" again.

Is this a known issue with the \frac command? Why did the markup render correctly for a while then revert to being rendered incorrectly? 

I use,

\( \frac{1-x}{2} \)

for inline maths, and,

\[ \frac{1-x}{2} \]

for display maths. It always look fine:

The first expression, \( \frac{1-x}{2} \), looks as you can see on this line. While the second expression looks like this:

\[ \frac{1-x}{2} \]

It does funny things like those you describe if I click some other website functions or refresh the page before committing my comment.

3 hours ago, wtf said:

It rendered correctly when I committed the post. A few minutes later as I was checking for typos, I noticed that it had rendered as "1 - x2".

Make sure everything is plain text. It sounds like you may have some rich text in there.

Edited by Lorentz Jr