N

On 3/6/2023 at 12:52 AM, Markus Hanke said:

CPT symmetry is fundamentally implied by local Lorentz invariance

Just to be clear ...
You can have individual 'legs' of CPT symmetry break, as long as that break is made up for by a break in another 'leg'.
For example, a CP violation would have to be made up for by a T violation, thereby keeping CPT symmetric and Lorentz invariance, in order to preserve physical laws.
Or am I mistaken, because I can think of cases involving the weak interaction where P symmetry is violated, and anti-matter, here C symmetry is violated.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:52 AM, Markus Hanke said:

I’m just an ordinary guy who does all this as a hobby

But you do it extremely well ...

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Just to be clear ...
You can have individual 'legs' of CPT symmetry break, as long as that break is made up for by a break in another 'leg'.
For example, a CP violation would have to be made up for by a T violation, thereby keeping CPT symmetric and Lorentz invariance, in order to preserve physical laws.
Or am I mistaken, because I can think of cases involving the weak interaction where P symmetry is violated, and anti-matter, here C symmetry is violated.

But you do it extremely well ...

AFAIK, sufficient assumptions for CPT symmetry are: the Lagrangian is Lorentz invariant, local, Hermitian and normal ordered.

Such Lagrangian is invariant when all spacetime signs are reversed and all particles and antiparticles are replaced.

On 3/5/2023 at 10:52 PM, Markus Hanke said:

I’m just an ordinary guy who does all this as a hobby, purely as a matter of personal interest…

... until some villain challenges Relativity, then you unleash the Shaolin Physics of Phury. I know you're not that kind of monk, but your kung fu is strong.

41 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

... until some villain challenges Relativity, then you unleash the Shaolin Physics of Phury. I know you're not that kind of monk, but your kung fu is strong.

You misspelled Chi… and I misspelled Qi

7 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Lol :) 

I can’t speak for others here, but I found that, whilst the vast majority of crankhoods and crackpotteries out there leave me large cold, there are some things that just tend to grate my gears. Relativity denials are an example of something I find hard to ignore, for some obscure reason which I don’t understand myself; so yeah, I tend to get sucked into those threads in particular, for better or worse. This is in some sense a vulnerability, because the topic pushes my buttons, so sometimes it’s hard to walk away from threads where there’s no further benefit to be gained from continued participation for neither myself nor the OP. It’s a strange thing - you know it’s time to walk away, but there’s that childish ego-based impuls towards having to get the last word in. I very rarely regret things I post here, but when I do then it’s usually connected to not having walked away when I should have.

Edited by Markus Hanke

On 3/6/2023 at 12:56 AM, Genady said:

Yes, indeed. For that reason, I didn't have a dog until I retired and moved to the island 20 years ago. Dreamed of having a dog all my life, but always lived and worked in big cities... Now the conditions are perfect, for them and for me. 

It's a wonderful feeling walking your dog along the beach. 

I don't totally rule it out. Maybe some day when I'm back in my island.

16 minutes ago, Genady said:

Which island is it? (Maybe I've been there.)

No, it's a quiet place, a mountain village. In that sense it's an island. I meant to use quotation marks: my "island". But I forgot. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...