Weight change trick

CrystalMagic

I thought to discuss a list of experiments that can deceive libra. We are talking about both conventional and ultra-precise weights. 
They say that a reaction with the release of more energy in a closed test tube can change the weight?
Various magnetic devices are possible. They also say that there are devices that can change weight from electricity, not necessarily magnetic. What methods do you know? The topic is more humor than serious, so please do not move it from section Speculations.

1 hour ago, CrystalMagic said:

I thought to discuss a list of experiments that can deceive libra. We are talking about both conventional and ultra-precise weights.

I think you mean scales in both statements, i.e.,

"I thought to discuss a list of experiments that can deceive scales. We are talking about both conventional and ultra-precise scales. "

But I am not sure what is a meaning of "deceive scales." Maybe you can give an example of what you are talking about.

2 hours ago, CrystalMagic said:

The topic is more humor than serious,

..dunno what could be humorous about this subject..

2 hours ago, CrystalMagic said:

They say that a reaction with the release of more energy in a closed test tube can change the weight?

Do you have any idea how little difference we are talking about?

If one proton has a mass/energy-equivalent of nearly 1 GeV/c^2 (~938.272 MeV/c^2), then the energy to fully ionize it is 13.6 eV (i.e. makes plasma from a Hydrogen gas like on the Sun). That is, it is ~ 69 million times less.

Chemical reactions release much lower energies per atom/molecule..

If the reaction releases 1 eV of energy, and the mass of the molecule is 20-50 GeV, this is 20-50 billion times less.. Mass "loss" is 1 eV/c^2..

3 hours ago, CrystalMagic said:

It does depend I think on how 'closed' the test tube is.

A reaction involves for instance some change of chemical bonding energy resulting in creation or absorption of heat. If there is no heat loss or gain through the test tube walls, there is no mass change as the total energy inside the test tube is unchanged. 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:59 AM, Genady said:

I think you mean scales in both statements, i.e.,

"I thought to discuss a list of experiments that can deceive scales. We are talking about both conventional and ultra-precise scales. "

But I am not sure what is a meaning of "deceive scales." Maybe you can give an example of what you are talking about.

In general, you can tell about different experiments on this topic.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:26 AM, Sensei said:

..dunno what could be humorous about this subject..

Do you have any idea how little difference we are talking about?

If one proton has a mass/energy-equivalent of nearly 1 GeV/c^2 (~938.272 MeV/c^2), then the energy to fully ionize it is 13.6 eV (i.e. makes plasma from a Hydrogen gas like on the Sun). That is, it is ~ 69 million times less.

Chemical reactions release much lower energies per atom/molecule..

If the reaction releases 1 eV of energy, and the mass of the molecule is 20-50 GeV, this is 20-50 billion times less.. Mass "loss" is 1 eV/c^2..

Yes, this is also the information I wanted to know.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:21 AM, sethoflagos said:

It does depend I think on how 'closed' the test tube is.

A reaction involves for instance some change of chemical bonding energy resulting in creation or absorption of heat. If there is no heat loss or gain through the test tube walls, there is no mass change as the total energy inside the test tube is unchanged. 

Conditions may be beneficial to the outcome.

To all concerned.

I've used Google translate to check how English posts in this thread read in Russian and how the OP translated posts could've looked originally in Russian. Unfortunately, the pragmatics of the posts are mostly lost both ways. IMHO, this kind of discussion does not make any sense.