Odd disposal of foods [botany]

Externet

Good day.

Someone had milk in doubt of being apt for consumption, as 'expired' or kept a while unrefrigerated.  Dumped on a vegetable garden soil.

Someone had extra granulated plain sugar and spread it on the soil at a vegetable garden.

Someone had a flour that did not like and spread it on a vegetable garden soil.

Someone had yogurt, or used cooking oil, or orange juice and decided to spread it on the soil instead of the garbage can.

What benefit can the plants get from such ?  What harm can it cause to the plants ?  -nothing composted-

12 hours ago, Externet said:

Good day.

Someone had milk in doubt of being apt for consumption, as 'expired' or kept a while unrefrigerated.  Dumped on a vegetable garden soil.

Someone had extra granulated plain sugar and spread it on the soil at a vegetable garden.

Someone had yogurt, or used cooking oil, or orange juice and decided to spread it on the soil instead of the garbage can.

What benefit can the plants get from such ?  What harm can it cause to the plants ?  -nothing composted-

I am no biologist but I don't think plants can get nutrition from proteins in milk or yogurt, saccharides in the starch in flour or sugars in orange juice, or triglyceride fats in cooking oil.  These are all, so far as I know, types of substance they synthesise for themselves. They will take up water and minerals from the soil, but I think that's all.

However, there are plenty of bacteria and fungi that can make use of some of these types of substance. 

You can 'age' exposed concrete structures in the garden (planting troughs for example) by painting the surface with yoghurt. It rapidly incubates a collection of mosses and lichens to help it blend in. A little tip I got from my mother many years ago.

21 hours ago, Externet said:

It might keep some fungus down, but if not applied directly to plants not much benefit. No harm, though.

I can't imagine why they would waste sugar. It's no good to plants, but might be unpleasant for slugs and snails.

It won't do any harm. It won't do any any good.

While none of those things should go in a garbage can, the oil is no use to plants; the orange juice is okay; the yogurt encourages bacteria and moulds that the garden doesn't need, but that might not be harmful.

Just put it in the compost and wait.