Help with BRENDA database

hurinthalion1995

How can I find the molecular weight (Mw) of tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus on the BRENDA database? I have clicked 'show all' to get the molecular data, but I am unsure of what I am looking at. Admittedly, I am a barely a novice in this side of Biology, so any simple suggestions on what I am looking at would be much appreciated 😅

The link is: https://www.brenda-enzymes.org/enzyme.php?ecno=1.14.18.1&organism_list=Agaricus bisporus&Suchword=&showtm=2&UniProtAcc=&reference=

I also need to find the number of subunits from this page, as well as the substrates and products. I unfortunately had to miss the class where this was explained, and would very much like to get up to speed on using this database. 

Please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify anything, and I really appreciate you for taking the time to read this and for any help offered :) 

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 3:49 AM, hurinthalion1995 said:

How can I find the molecular weight (Mw) of tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus on the BRENDA database? I have clicked 'show all' to get the molecular data, but I am unsure of what I am looking at. Admittedly, I am a barely a novice in this side of Biology, so any simple suggestions on what I am looking at would be much Ask AI APK Mod 😅

The link is: https://www.brenda-enzymes.org/enzyme.php?ecno=1.14.18.1&organism_list=Agaricus bisporus&Suchword=&showtm=2&UniProtAcc=&reference=

I also need to find the number of subunits from this page, as well as the substrates and products. I unfortunately had to miss the class where this was explained, and would very much like to get up to speed on using this database. 

Please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify anything, and I really appreciate you for taking the time to read this and for any help offered :) 

To find the molecular weight of tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus on the BRENDA database, you can follow these steps:

Go to the BRENDA website at https://www.brenda-enzymes.org/.
In the search bar, enter "Agaricus bisporus" and click on the corresponding result.
On the Agaricus bisporus page, scroll down to the "Enzymes" section and click on the enzyme class "1.14.18.1".
On the tyrosinase page, scroll down to the "Molecular Data" section. The molecular weight is listed under "Molecular mass" and is reported in kilodaltons (kDa). For tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus, the molecular weight is 120 kDa.
To find the number of subunits, substrates, and products of tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus on the same page, you can follow these steps:

To find the number of subunits, scroll down to the "Quaternary Structure" section. For tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus, the number of subunits is 4.
To find the substrates and products, scroll down to the "Substrates/Product" section. For tyrosinase from Agaricus bisporus, the substrates are L-tyrosine and oxygen, and the products are L-DOPA and H2O.

Edited by JermaineKim