Hall Effect held Capacitor?

dumbass

while reading up on the Hall Effect, i realised that you could set up a distribution of space charge and hold them with the magnetic field, while cutting the wire connecting the metal plate to the external battery(to prevent charge form entering or leaving the plate). hence producing a capacitor.

But i realised that if you did so then there would be no drift velocity and hence no force on the charges due to the magnetic field. End result no capacitor.But then brownian motion came to the rescue, untill i realised that the net velocity is 0. any other way? (no heating of the metal plate allowed(work function thing)

I have no idea why no need the hall effect to make a capacitor. A capacitor is merely some arrangement of conducting plates. They are charged quite trivially using a battery and a switch. The hall effect does nothing to help you make/charge a capacitor.

I may have misinterpreted your idea here, but it sounds like your trying to come up with a way to build the "Perfect" capacitor?

2 conductive plates suspended in space by a magnetic field so there`s no electrical leakage through structural materials. or am I way off here?

here`s what I mean by "IDEAL" capacitor:

"If we pull a capacitor out of the circuit, it retains the voltage to which it was charged. (In real capacitors, the excess electrons on one plate slowly leak over to the other plate. But the higher the quality of the capacitor, the closer it acts like an "ideal capacitor". An "ideal capacitor" would hold that charge forever. )"

taken from: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FHSST_Physics_Electronics:capacitive_and_inductive_circuits

alternatively use this: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-10,GGLD:en&q=%22ideal+capacitor%22+Physics

and do your own search.

I agree with Kedas. What are you trying to accomplish? Conventional capacitors as we have it consists of two conducting surfaces separated by some kind of dielectric. While the Hall effect produces a separation of charge and thus some sort of capacitance, it really has nothing to do with why we would want to use a capacitor o.O

As expressed above, you are lost in space about what a capacitor is and how it works.

After charged, as there is no current, there is no magnetic field. There is only electric field.

If you want to do your experiment, buy a vacuum capacitor and stick a magnet outside. Then you will have a magnetic field between the plates.

Miguel