Is a moral free market possible?

dimreepr

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

No, but it does have to be work; money is a piece of paper, therefore it can't...

Sure.

How about a delayed pay? You work today, but you don't need money today. So, you agree to get paid later, with interest. Is it acceptable?

Just now, Genady said:

Sure.

How about a delayed pay? You work today, but you don't need money today. So, you agree to get paid later, with interest. Is it acceptable?

Interest is the start of the rabbit hole; why do you think money is valuable?

Just now, dimreepr said:

Interest is the start of the rabbit hole; why do you think money is valuable?

I know it is the start. That's why I have mentioned it.

But you didn't answer my question. If so, why do you think that I think money is valuable?

1 minute ago, Genady said:

Here we go again. Thank you for participating.

Like I've said "ask for clarification", in some cultures it's called usury.

Usury (/ˈjuːʒəri/)[1][2] is the practice of making unethical or immoral monetary loans that unfairly enrich the lender. The term may be used in a moral sense—condemning taking advantage of others'

1 hour ago, Genady said:

Sure.

54 minutes ago, Genady said:

I've asked for clarification, but you're clarifying something that I didn't ask for.

OK, is what acceptable? The transaction, or that it will cost more tomorrow? 

14 hours ago, Externet said:

moral free marketis it possible ?

I think so, but it will take a revolution, and there will be a revolution, to find out; on a lighter note, the pressure is rising. 

21 hours ago, Genady said:

Forget about it. I've lost interest (pun intended).

Can't you just clarify your meaning, please; I've enjoyed our conversations. 🖖

29 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Can't you just clarify your meaning, please;

Yes.

"You work today, but you don't need money today. So, you agree to get paid later, with interest."

Is this deal free and moral?

Just now, Genady said:

Yes.

"You work today, but you don't need money today. So, you agree to get paid later, with interest."

Is this deal free and moral?

Yes of course, if both parties agree then both parties think it's fair, it's only a problem when one of the parties is forced to accept.

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Yes of course, if both parties agree then both parties think it's fair, it's only a problem when one of the parties is forced to accept.

I agree with this. However, there is a subtle point. You want 10% interest, but the other party agrees to pay only 5%. You accept. Are you forced to accept in this case?

The problem with the way we use interest in the current model, is that it creates a money pit/black hole; when money earns money, the wealth distribution spirals inwards; then we all get sucked in. 

I agree with this. However, there is a subtle point. You want 10% interest, but the other party agrees to pay only 5%. You accept. Are you forced to accept in this case?

Barter isn't force, it's a compromise. 

Both parties need to feel they have as much value, from the transaction, as they can get.

3 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

The problem with the way we use interest in the current model, is that it creates a money pit/black hole; when money earns money, the wealth distribution spirals inwards; then we all get sucked in. 

Barter isn't force, it's a compromise. 

OK.

In the above scenario, doesn't your money earn money, namely, the 5%?

OK.

In the above scenario, doesn't your money earn money, namely, the 5%?

No, because it's a barter between two, individual (another rabbit hole, I'd rather we didn't explore), parties and that's not been our model for a millennium. 

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

No, because it's a barter between two, individual (another rabbit hole, I'd rather we didn't explore), parties and that's not been our model for a millennium. 

Fine. What I don't understand though is, when an interest is moral and when it is not. IOW, when an interest constitutes a fair compromise vs the money earns money issue.

6 minutes ago, Genady said:

Fine. What I don't understand though is, when an interest is moral and when it is not. IOW, when an interest constitutes a fair compromise vs the money earns money issue.

Sharia Law has a lot to say on the subject.

Islamic finance is a way to manage money that keeps within the moral principles of Islam . It covers things like saving, investing, and borrowing to buy a home. The moral principles many Muslims live their lives by are sometimes known as the 'Shari'ah'.

9 minutes ago, Genady said:

If this was for me, it was a waste of your time. I don't discuss videos.

Shame, it's quite a neat summary.