The Magic Capacitor: a short science fiction story.

JacobNewton

7 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Yes there is.
The reason is science.

Sure

Did you really think it was magic?

Would you like to buy Tower Bridge?

oh wait...you're point is he had a levitation lever hidden in his sleeve?

Well, sure, there's fake levitators out there

But THIS video confirms the truth about levitation: it can also be real

3:44 has the levitation part. He is levitating bare chested. No tricks, no hidden levitating mechanisms. 

Warning: The dude is levitating in his underwear, so graphic content ahead.

16 hours ago, Intoscience said:

That's it then, if its been seen on America's Got Talent, it must be real!🙄

Are you really serious or just playing some kind of game? I'm curious.

Do you know any Shaolin monks? I could do with my top floor windows cleaning.    

'if' it's been on AGT, it must be fake..

people walk away with millions of pounds on the basis of the tricks they perform on AGT. Some tricks are just tricks or the mind, it's in the nature of the performance to be tricks of the mind, and like sleight of hand, entertainment purposes only, not to  be believed literarily...

BUT

The reason levitation tricks are considered worthy is inherently because of the ability to go beyond the normal boundaries of science. If that were not so, the judges would give the levitations a red buzzer. The whole point of levitation is: People can levitate, its official. Its not like 'trick of the mind' its just a trick for entertainment

Matter of fact nothing entertaining about a person floating a few feet above ground level!?

Shaolin monk window cleaners....apply to Tibet Window Cleaner Agencies they are accustomed to cleaning windows of houses 1000 feet above ground level on the summits of Everest 

Edited by JacobNewton

7 minutes ago, iNow said:

Negative, little buddy. I’m not the one making the claim. The onus of proof is yours.

well, i posted that above video by way of said proof. if he's levitating shirtless, and no hidden equipment can be detected on his person, he is obviously levitating via sheer skill, or mind power. 

On that note, have you watched Derren Brown? Mind reading stuff? he's done some pretty amazing tricks in his time

On 1/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, JacobNewton said:

didn't einstein say each successive dimension controls the next one?

On 1/16/2023 at 8:47 PM, Genady said:

image.jpeg.8c4d4da157aea87089be5869da1e0183.jpeg

This makes Einstein's chalk into something like Chekhov's gun. 

6 hours ago, JacobNewton said:

well, i posted that above video by way of said proof. if he's levitating shirtless, and no hidden equipment can be detected on his person, he is obviously levitating via sheer skill, or mind power. 

On that note, have you watched Derren Brown? Mind reading stuff? he's done some pretty amazing tricks in his time

Videos of phenomenon are not substantial proof, such things can be edited, manipulated to obscure etc...

The onus of proof is on you by way of the scientific method, if you are serious about disproving mainstream science. 

Maybe if you persuaded a person claiming to levitate to go and perform this feat under actual scientific experimental conditions then people would then start to take you serious. Until then stop wasting your time trying to convince people that it is real because you have posted a sketchy YouTube video of some someone performing a trick in their underwear. 

16 minutes ago, JacobNewton said:

an optical illusion is a trick of the eyes. That video is footage taken of a levitating person. 

So are you saying that its not possible to create an optical illusion by use of video? 

There is video footage of persons, famous ones such as David Blaine, Dynamo, just to name a couple levitating. Do you believe they are tricking the audience or actually levitating without aid?

Edited by Intoscience

12 hours ago, JacobNewton said:

Yes.
And he's quite honest about the fact that they are illusions; not real.

12 hours ago, JacobNewton said:

well, i posted that above video by way of said proof

And would you accept this as proof of a flying pig?

or do you understand that video is quite easy to fake?

4 hours ago, Genady said:

I haven't realized it at first, but it really does. How does that Chekhov's quote look in English?

Wikipedia ...
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there."[15]