hijack from Question about evolution

periphery

Adam

always be suspect of what someone tells you about evolution unless they were present sixty million years ago to note the changes in person and relay them to you from direct experience

Scientists who try to infer big picture clues from tiny snippets get it wrong sometimes, they update those findings new in updated studies every new decade

I just spent fourteen years in one thread in the biology forum here, coral growth vessels thread, convincing scientists that micro reef systems weren't fake

They threw all manner of angry denial, scholar links and proofs to the contrary (exactly like evolution debates go) at me since 2009, only to relent finally yesterday 

Your intuition shouldn't be discounted: the evolutionary link between extant animals and dinosaurs isn't hard to fathom given today's genetic lineage tracing abilities

The link between humans and dinosaurs is a massive chasm of guessing no form of authoritative writing or chart posting will ever seal

Scientists will fill in the gaps for the portions they don't know, haven't experienced, that's the human portion of the matter. We don't get to know the answer you seek

We get to guess at it, and present it to you yet again as indisputable fact that's the inseparable human condition in the matter

If you were told that scientists aren't quite sure yet how that leap was completed, and that modes presented as fact today will just change/ evolve in fifty years as science progresses but we can't say definitively how it works now, that'd be fact. 

Plausible potential options have been presented to you here but not sealed fact

I just undid fourteen years of sealed fact by linking YouTube videos, sometimes a little persistence works to undo the going rules of a given decade. 

Edited by periphery

57 minutes ago, periphery said:

I just spent fourteen years in one thread in the biology forum here, coral growth vessels thread, convincing scientists that micro reef systems weren't fake

!

Moderator Note

No. You posted some stuff 14 years ago and then returned after a 13-year hiatus, and, 14 years ago, had some exchanges with someone who is AFAIK not a scientist.

As for the rest, airing issues with how science works is not an appropriate response to the thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.