Inability to visualize images awake in the stone age

AmyMadee

The term ''Aphantasia'' sounds like a condition and there shouldn't be a term for a normal and not unusual phenomenon. The term didn't exist back then, The phenomenon occurred in the stone age where the majority of people didn't visualize images when awake in the stone age and majority of Neanderthals didn't visualize images when awake, either. The methods that they did was imagine without visualizing and mentally conceptualize images. 100% of people in the stone age didn't visualize images awake when they were born. This is very true that this phenomenon started it in the stone age because as of now 100% of people weren't born to visualize images consciously when awake. Overall, this phenomenon occurred for many centuries since the stone age and it's a very natural and normal function, it isn't unusual for people that don't visualize. Many people have various ways of thinking, but many people don't think by visualizing images when they're awake.

Edited by AmyMadee

11 minutes ago, Genady said:

Any news? 

Not really, just talking about history.

17 minutes ago, AmyMadee said:

Not really, just talking about history. The phenomenon is real, but term doesn't belong on a phenomenon that isn't unusual and it's completely natural and normal.

1 hour ago, AmyMadee said:

The phenomenon occurred in the stone age where the majority of people didn't visualize images when awake in the stone age and majority of Neanderthals didn't visualize images when awake, either

How is this known to be the case?

4 minutes ago, TheVat said:

I rest easier knowing that you and your sock puppet ArtsyGirl have supplied us with two threads on the non-condition that is aphantasia.  

I don't think Fred, Pebbles and Wilma start with the same letter.

My audiologist is called Pebbles - rather oddly for such a striking, statuesque black girl. While I'm sure it seemed like a good idea when she was a baby, I feel it hardly does her justice now. She could row at 6 in an VIII. But I am digressing.........😃