Aphantasia is not a real condition

4 hours ago, Markus Hanke said:

Evidently, aphantasia and its opposite - hyperphantasia - are very much real. Claiming otherwise isn’t just ignoring the evidence, but - and that’s much worse - it is dismissing and invalidating the suffering and challenges of those who have it, because this has a very real impact on people’s lives.

Excellent, clear examples of excellent clear statements. Thank you.  +1

52 minutes ago, ArtsyGirl said:

It occurs very much in the stone age, that 100% of cave people didn't form mental images or formed invisible mental images or imagine without visualizing.

Still making unsupportable claims and statements that you (or any other person) cannot possibly know.

Seriously I recommend you study Markus' style very carefully.

13 minutes ago, studiot said:

Excellent, clear examples of excellent clear statements. Thank you.  +1

Still making unsupportable claims and statements that you (or any other person) cannot possibly know.

Seriously I recommend you study Markus' style very carefully.

It's not a claim, 100% of Cavemen not forming mental images is possible and it's real, you know. And they do form invisible mental images.

Edited by ArtsyGirl

2 minutes ago, ArtsyGirl said:

It's not a claim, 100% of Cavemen not forming mental images is possible and it's real, you know. And they do form invisible mental images.

You claimed it.

Now prove it.

No one know for certain what cavemen thought or did not think.

We can only give our best guess from very limited evidence.

I am reporting this for repetition of unsubstantiated claims.

2 minutes ago, studiot said:

You claimed it.

Now prove it.

No one know for certain what cavemen thought or did not think.

We can only give our best guess from very limited evidence.

I am reporting this for repetition of unsubstantiated claims.

Again, It's not a claim, 100% of cave people really did not form mental images back then, they've only formed invisible mental images/imagine without visualizing, and cavemen do think.

2 hours ago, ArtsyGirl said:

Again, It's not a claim, 100% of cave people really did not form mental images back then, they've only formed invisible mental images/imagine without visualizing, and cavemen do think.

What the heck is an "invisible mental image" ?  Images, however they are presented in the mind's eye, are in some sense visible to the person experiencing them.   If someone says elephant, I see an image of an elephant in my mind.  

5 hours ago, ArtsyGirl said:

The comorbidity isn't very much real, It's a very unexplained phenomenon and no one knows for sure that this phenomenon has evidence or not, It occurs very much in the stone age, that 100% of cave people didn't form mental images or formed invisible mental images or imagine without visualizing.

Are you confusing the smaller parietal lobes and cerebella of Homo Neanderthalis with an inability in Homo Sapiens Sapiens to picture something in their minds?

I'm sorry if I said to you guys that the phenomenon isn't real, but it's very unexplained like Bigfoot that the phenomenon doesn't exist but not forming mental images isn't possible. but people who don't form mental images or forming invisible mental images still have imagination because most things in imagination are merely invisible like a imaginary friend.

This was throwing everybody off, because even if it's unexplained that doesn't mean it isn't real, just unexplained, like a UFO is real but unidentified. It's also a bit disconcerting when you start claiming you know things about "100% of cave people". There ARE some things you can generalize about all the members of a select group, but not things like how they thought or the way they experienced their environments. That's all very subjective.

100% of cave people really did not form mental images back then, they've only formed invisible mental images/imagine without visualizing,

One has to wonder how they got the hump-backed bulls, mammoths and wild horses into the cave to pose for them?  And prehistoric plains-people, forest dwellers and nomads - how did their minds work?

Edited by Peterkin

44 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

One has to wonder how they got the hump-backed bulls, mammoths and wild horses into the cave to pose for them?  And prehistoric plains-people, forest dwellers and nomads - how did their minds work?

Haha. Great point!

3 hours ago, TheVat said:

What the heck is an "invisible mental image" ?  Images, however they are presented in the mind's eye, are in some sense visible to the person experiencing them.   If someone says elephant, I see an image of an elephant in my mind.  

An Invisible mental image is a type of mental image, That's invisible.

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Are you confusing the smaller parietal lobes and cerebella of Homo Neanderthalis with an inability in Homo Sapiens Sapiens to picture something in their minds?

This was throwing everybody off, because even if it's unexplained that doesn't mean it isn't real, just unexplained, like a UFO is real but unidentified. It's also a bit disconcerting when you start claiming you know things about "100% of cave people". There ARE some things you can generalize about all the members of a select group, but not things like how they thought or the way they experienced their environments. That's all very subjective.

I'm confusing any brain parts of Homo Neanderthalis. All Homo Sapiens think, but all of them don't picture things, that's why 100% of cave people didn't form mental images back then, They imagine without visualizing.

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

All cave people had thoughts back then, but they didn't form mental images, They'd imagine without visualizing.

14 minutes ago, ArtsyGirl said:

An Invisible mental image is a type of mental image, That's invisible.

I'm confusing any brain parts of Homo Neanderthalis. All Homo Sapiens think, but all of them don't picture things, that's why 100% of cave people didn't form mental images back then, They imagine without visualizing.

All cave people had thoughts back then, but they didn't form mental images, They'd imagine without visualizing.

!

Moderator Note

Assuming that you do not have some ability examine H. sapiens neanderthalensis individuals, you are presenting your own assertions as facts, which we discourage. What you need is to provide some data (typically scientific papers, or at least reports based on those) as evidence. As it does not appear that any evidence is likely to be forthcoming (at least in part because it is impossible to validate such claims) the thread is locked for now.