Emptiness.

Willem F Esterhuyse

Just now, iNow said:

I feel with my heart that the internet is becoming inundated with poorly trained bots 

No. This is not the Internet..

When you grow up with other students and continue life at a higher intellectual level, with similar to you, you forget about everything else..

..try to talk to an ordinary person and you will have in 5 seconds, WTF?!

The Internet just revealed what you didn't know..

Edited by Sensei

On 1/7/2023 at 5:47 AM, Willem F Esterhuyse said:

I feel with my heart that everything do not exist, yet I can touch them and interact with the computer.

In quiet moments by yourself how well can you feel your heart? This sounds like overwriting by your mind. If there's a cold body of water you could immerse yourself in you may find it to be a modification for the computer.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:47 AM, Willem F Esterhuyse said:

I feel with my heart that everything do not exist, yet I can touch them and interact with the computer.

It's equally easy to feel with your heart that things DO exist, and it solves the mystery of your observed interactions. And there's the added benefit of not destroying much of the universe with your puffs of logic.

Try with different definitions of existence and see if you can make some progress in your understanding. Maybe everything is fleeting, under the proper time perspective.

You didn't mention what your definition is, BTW.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:39 PM, joigus said:

Try with different definitions of existence and see if you can make some progress in your understanding. Maybe everything is fleeting, under the proper time perspective.

I see with my minds eye what my heart feels, and I see nothing but other hearts. It's not a question of understanding, it's a question of perception.

2 hours ago, Willem F Esterhuyse said:

I see with my minds eye what my heart feels, and I see nothing but other hearts. It's not a question of understanding, it's a question of perception.

There's nothing wrong with seeing with your mind's eye what your heart feels. It's not science, that's all. And it certainly isn't a scientific speculation.

2 hours ago, joigus said:

There's nothing wrong with seeing with your mind's eye what your heart feels.

Perhaps, but what does it mean? I honestly don't understand semantics of this word combination. For example, I don't know if there's anything wrong with smelling with my mind's nose what my spleen feels. And if there's nothing wrong with it, can I smell nothing but other spleens?

12 minutes ago, Genady said:

Perhaps, but what does it mean? I honestly don't understand semantics of this word combination. For example, I don't know if there's anything wrong with smelling with my mind's nose what my spleen feels. And if there's nothing wrong with it, can I smell nothing but other spleens?

I personally don't parse every sentence I hear or read through propositional logic. That's all I meant. Language has a phatic function too, you know.

6 minutes ago, joigus said:

I personally don't parse every sentence I hear or read through propositional logic. That's all I meant. Language has a phatic function too, you know.

Glad I've asked. Learned a new word, phatic.

18 minutes ago, Genady said:

Glad I've asked. Learned a new word, phatic.

It is my opinion that words themselves are worthless without the world of meaning behind them. It's what it means what's been, I'm sure, essential in human evolution. Long-distance trade, collaboration, etc. would have been impossible without the phatic function of language. Having others know the communication line is open even if you didn't completely understand the full import that they're trying to get across is a priceless function of language.

I learnt that word, as usual, by carefully listening to others. I wouldn't have understood it by just reading a book.

Thanks for appreciating...