Childlove Movement

ku

In spite of Doctor Pangloss's spin here' date=' I am all for laws that say you aren't allowed to rape or sexually injure prepubescent children. Why anyone thinks it has to be outlawed for most people, I don't know.

[/quote']

Depending on laws and draconian measures to prevent child molestation will only hurt us in the long run' date=' the short run, or anything in between.

[/quote']

Thomas,

You should become a politician. You have the ability to not answer questions, complain without offering solutions and argue for both sides of an issue. You just need to work on telling people what they want to hear and you might become President someday!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on laws and draconian measures already has hurt us in the long run. I prefer that the acts remain illegal, but we can't depend on that. What's your problem?

If you mean,

Depending ONLY on laws and draconian measures already has hurt us in the long run. I prefer that the acts remain illegal, but we can't depend ONLY on that.

Most would agree with that, but to what degree is the question. Unless you have some magic pill that will stop people from becoming pedophiles, I think laws will be the chief response.

If you mean' date='

Depending ONLY on laws and draconian measures already has hurt us in the long run. I prefer that the acts remain illegal, but we can't depend ONLY on that.

Most would agree with that, but to what degree is the question. Unless you have some magic pill that will stop people from becoming pedophiles, I think laws will be the chief response.[/quote']

I think we've already seen how well threatening people works. It doesn't work at all in my book. You can't reduce the problem by increasing the threats against people every time there is an "incident." Using the incidents to pass "tougher" laws also exploits children and increases the rewards for false arrests and convictions.

If we continue to work the penalty part of this and continue to withdraw mental health services from these people, and continue to do other things that exacerbate the social problems behind child molestation, we are going to get exactly the results that any intelligent person will expect. We will have more child molestors to punish. We will become quite successful at punishing child molestors. We won't be able to do a thing to reduce the sexual molestation of children, but we will be very good at punishing people. It's already slid most of the way down the slope, so we definitely handle the problem by becoming good at punishing people, any people, as long as we punish someone.

Since we can't think and act rationally, we can't treat causes. We even make the things that cause child molestation worse and count on being able to threaten them to make up for it. This is really little different from torturing dogs physically and mentally to make them obedient, then torturing and killing the ones that act out.

I can be just as willfully difficult about this subject as anyone here can. What gets me about this is that too many people default to vengeful thinking, and that this vengeful thinking is directed at one very small subset of the abuse that children face every day. No possible solution is allowed in except those that involve a very narrow set of measures of just exactly how much revenge and control to apply to the situation. Even if someone gets to try a different program, someone else can give it a failing grade and have the program aborted over a single incident. "Jessica's Law" and "Megan's law" my ass. These things use singular cases to justify treating a whole class of people over the conduct of one or two. When you get down to singular cases, there is no more justice in smearing all pedophiles for it than there is in smearing all humans. It also works out that all humans get smeared. We all feel the threats. We all feel the increased anger, the increase of tension, the increase in nitpicking against everyone, the increased chance of false accusations. These things damage society. Since it is such an emotional issue, we set aside thoughts about what we are doing to ourselves at the time when we need to be the most vigilant about these things.

There is only so much I am willing to do to myself over an issue like this. In a halfway sane world it would be adequate that I myself am not likely to have sex with anyone under the age of 30. It's not a fate I would wish on a sweet young thing. Not that I'm all that bad, she just deserves better. Anyway, if someone comes up and gives me jibber-jabber about child molestation and I belt him hard enough to send teeth flying, it's not because I have the slightest interest in anyone who is less than 30 years old. It is because I am tired of his garbage. I am tired of the emotional baggage I already have and I am not willing to carry any more or to multiply society's emotional problems. I am sick of the tricks that people use to get over on me.

This includes anyone who wants to approach me and give me garbage about what I believe about the subject. On the street, if some semi-literate read one of my opinions and approached me, he would probably try to talk with his hands. Considering where I live, I wouldn't know unless he spoke coherently whether he was trying to start a fight or a mating ritual. In this part of the Twilight Zone, date rape is a valid and common method for a couple to conceive their first child. Hating perverts or suspected perverts is a game people play to cover up the forcible rape of their own daughters, which is often condoned or encouraged by the mother. Gang rape of males by males is proof of flaming heterosexuality, as long as it is done to "faggots." I have seen nothing to convince me that the rest of the world is any better.

That's a little over the top, but this society in its treatment of child molesters (to use the vernacular term) acts a lot more like people who have something to hide than it acts like people who seek true justice, safe and worthwhile lives, rationality, or anything but the perpetuation of the cycle of violence. Considering what I've been through, I'm quite willing to yank all of those dirty secrets out into the open, all those things that people hit me to intimidate me into keeping my mouth shut about. It hurts them worse than my fists would, too.

you can all still have your say, he`s read access, but probably better to ignore him really. what you DON`T see is that there is a deleted post just above yours, when he made a false second account just to Flame aftewards!

his reason for coming here in the 1`st place was suspect, and though he made some good posts in other threads in that past, that doesn`t buy him an immunity pass from the Rules!

Thomas Kirby.....In case your still listening, I can't let this go without saying that your a very hurt individual with a lot of emotional pain. I don't think you recognize the severity of your distress and its going to hurt you further than it already has.

Nobody likes you the way you are, so find a friend that can help you get out of the place your in. So, goodbye and I hope things turn out ok for you.

Bettina

I've been sitting here reading this and for the life of me, I can not imagine where Thomas is coming from. As a child rape victim myself, and as a mother who's daughter was molested at 5 years old, I can only feel bewilderment and anger at the thought of any purposed law(s) protecting or person(s) supporting the rights or freedom of pedophiles.

Call it ignorance if you'd like, but I could care less what psychosis or mental state/illness drives an adult to yearn for an child.

Let the man that molested my daughter try to defend or explain the mental afflictions that caused his sick attraction and actions, and then I'll try to explain to the top surgeons just how that open umbrella got imbedded so deep in his a**.