Could the Earths Em field be used to levitate a craft into space ?

JustJoe

Could the Earths Em field be used to propulse a craft into space ? 

In engineering terms , could we create a device that could manipulate the Earths Em field to create some sort of spatial wormhole ? 

If we could create a device that  curved  the field in a -ve manner towards the device , wouldn't space be closer ? 

em.jpg.10a2a653765005b5a7088d6ad12d61f1.jpg

7 minutes ago, JustJoe said:

Could the Earths Em field be used to propulse a craft into space ? 

No, any E or M fields of the earth are too weak to do much. We don’t see things flying off into space spontaneously 

In engineering terms , could we create a device that could manipulate the Earths Em field to create some sort of spatial wormhole ? 

Wormholes are not so easily created. You need to provide more detail as to how this might happen, or narrow the scope of the question you ask. This is too broad.

If we could create a device that  curved  the field in a -ve manner towards the device , wouldn't space be closer ? 

em.jpg.10a2a653765005b5a7088d6ad12d61f1.jpg

Space isn’t going to get closer.

4 minutes ago, swansont said:

No, any E or M fields of the earth are too weak to do much. We don’t see things flying off into space spontaneously 

Wormholes are not so easily created. You need to provide more detail as to how this might happen, or narrow the scope of the question you ask. This is too broad.

Space isn’t going to get closer.

Yes the field is weak but wouldn't compressing the field lines by device make it more dense and give it more magnitude ? 

''Space isn’t going to get closer.'' - If we  define the EM field  as a vector and label upwards as (+y) , then contract the vector (-y) , how isn't that a shorter route out of the Earths EM field ? 

Wormholes - I asked if science could make such a device , I have a few ideas but I have no idea whether they'd work or not . 

2 hours ago, JustJoe said:

If we  define the EM field  as a vector and label upwards as (+y) , then contract the vector (-y) , how isn't that a shorter route out of the Earths EM field ?

How would you "contract" the EM field vector, and how do you think that would shrink space? Reducing the magnitude of a field vector means making the field weaker, and that's not going to do anything.

Edited by Lorentz Jr

3 hours ago, JustJoe said:

Yes the field is weak but wouldn't compressing the field lines by device make it more dense and give it more magnitude ? 

How would you do this?

''Space isn’t going to get closer.'' - If we  define the EM field  as a vector and label upwards as (+y) , then contract the vector (-y) , how isn't that a shorter route out of the Earths EM field ? 

Space isn’t defined by the EM field.

Wormholes - I asked if science could make such a device , I have a few ideas but I have no idea whether they'd work or not . 

And there’s no indication you understand how complex this question is, and what would be needed to address it.

3 hours ago, swansont said:

How would you do this?

Space isn’t defined by the EM field.

And there’s no indication you understand how complex this question is, and what would be needed to address it.

I was hoping science could devise something to curve field lines . I'm not 100% sure , I could only make assumptions . 

Assuming the magnetic field has magnetic properties , perhaps a super large lump of magnetic material may curve the field lines towards it . 

Assuming the field has some electrical properties , perhaps a super large conductive material could curve the field lines towards it .  Iron may be a good all rounder .