Car press that works everytime vs unbreakable car : what happens ?

raphaelh42

3 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

Hello

What would happen if you put an incompressible car in a press that close fully for 100% of the time ?

I guess it's a stupid question but I can't resist to ask you

With the possible exception of whatever beast lies lurking in the heart of a black hole, there is no such property as 'incompressible'.  The term simply betrays a lack of ambition in mustering the scale of forces necessary to facilitate the compression.

Neutron stars would make pretty effective car presses. Even for Saabs and Volvos.

Edited by sethoflagos

7 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

Hello

What would happen if you put an incompressible car in a press that close fully for 100% of the time ?

This question has been around for a long time in many forms. The most popular one being - An unmovable unbreakable object gets struck by an unstoppable unbreakable object, whats the outcome?

There are many questions that pose paradoxical issues - What was before time? What happens if you go back in time and kill your grandfather before you were born?...

They really make no sense, so one could argue that they are "stupid questions" as you said. 

20 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

The traditional version is "what happens when an irresistible force acts on an immovable object?".

And the answer is that they can't both exist (at least, not in the same universe).

I would argue that they both might exist but may not act on each other. If so, a that moment both would cease to exist. But really its just non realist fanciful speculation so we can make the outcome what ever we want. 

My outcome is that they stop competing and start collaborating. 

10 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

Hello

10 hours ago, swansont said:

Neither is physically possible so science can’t give you a valid answer. 

I agree so I asked Arnie.

He said "watch my films, the car press wins every time."