Two Future Resurrections

sologuitar

In the Bible, we read about two future resurrections:

A. Resurrection of the saved. This happens when the rapture of the church takes place. 

B. Resurrection of the lost. This happens after the one thousand year reign of Christ on Earth.

According to the Bible, Jesus resurrected several people from the dead. When Jesus died on the cross, we read in Matthew that many who were dead and buried came out of their tombs. Jesus Himself was resurrected after three days in the tomb. 

However, no one in our lifetime has come back to life after burial not to mention cremation. I am not doubting the power of God to do anything He desires. Cemeteries around the world are a reminder to the living that we too shall be buried or cremated depending on personal choice. 

Two Questions:

1. Do you think there will ever be a resurrection of the dead? This, of course, is a supernatural event. 

2. If you don't believe that such an event will ever take place, what is your reason for rejecting this Christian claim of the resurrection of the dead from graves around the globe?  

7 hours ago, sologuitar said:

In the Bible, we read about two future resurrections:

A. Resurrection of the saved. This happens when the rapture of the church takes place. 

B. Resurrection of the lost. This happens after the one thousand year reign of Christ on Earth.

According to the Bible, Jesus resurrected several people from the dead. When Jesus died on the cross, we read in Matthew that many who were dead and buried came out of their tombs. Jesus Himself was resurrected after three days in the tomb. 

However, no one in our lifetime has come back to life after burial not to mention cremation. I am not doubting the power of God to do anything He desires. Cemeteries around the world are a reminder to the living that we too shall be buried or cremated depending on personal choice. 

Two Questions:

1. Do you think there will ever be a resurrection of the dead? This, of course, is a supernatural event.

No, it would be supernatural and I hold no belief in anything supernatural and I have seen no evidence to even support the possibility of the supernatural. 

2. If you don't believe that such an event will ever take place, what is your reason for rejecting this Christian claim of the resurrection of the dead from graves around the globe?  

My reason is that there is no empirical evidence of the Bible as anything but bronze age mythology. See #1

1. Do you think there will ever be a resurrection of the dead?

No.

Because the claim is just a 2000 year old story with absolutely no evidence to back up the claim. 

20 hours ago, Moontanman said:

No, it would be supernatural and I hold no belief in anything supernatural and I have seen no evidence to even support the possibility of the supernatural. 

My reason is that there is no empirical evidence of the Bible as anything but bronze age mythology. See #1

There's nothing wrong with hoping for a resurrection from the dead. I cannot go through life looking for gloom and doom situations. The promises made by God in the Bible for the future will be accomplished just like so many others that have taken place throughout the course of man. 

3 hours ago, sologuitar said:

There's nothing wrong with hoping for a resurrection from the dead.

Agreed, if that brings you comfort.

I cannot go through life looking for gloom and doom situations.

Nor can I.  Do you think believing that when you die, you're... dead, is doom and gloom?

The promises made by God in the Bible for the future will be accomplished just like so many others that have taken place throughout the course of man.

What biblical promises have come true?

There's nothing wrong with hoping for a resurrection from the dead.

Agreed

I cannot go through life looking for gloom and doom situations.

Nor should you. 

The promises made by God in the Bible for the future will be accomplished just like so many others that have taken place throughout the course of man. 

Name a few, one at a time, a Gish Gallop will not be tolerated. The Bible is nothing but writing by men about their favorite gods, almost all so called "promises" were written about after the fact. It's not difficult to find "promises" that didn't come true, the city of Tyre comes to mind off the top of my head. 

If you want respect for your beliefs you should try digging up empirical evidence to support them instead of "feels". 

On 12/1/2022 at 2:00 AM, sologuitar said:

Resurrection of the saved. This happens when the rapture of the church takes place. 

Good luck trying to live on Earth by then!

Jesus resurrected several people from the dead. When Jesus died on the cross, we read in Matthew that many who were dead and buried came out of their tombs. Jesus Himself was resurrected after three days in the tomb. 

He'd been kept in a cool, dark place for only three days, so he didn't look that bad. But most of the "saved" have been underground quite a long time. Be warned: it's not going to be a pretty population.

Do you think there will ever be a resurrection of the dead?

Of course not. I have very different nightmares.

If you don't believe that such an event will ever take place, what is your reason for rejecting this Christian claim of the resurrection of the dead from graves around the globe?  

Do I have to give just one reason? I can't decide whether it's more horrific or silly.

10 minutes ago, MigL said:

Peterkin is a zombiophobe !

😄 😄

Hey! I have nothing against them; I wish them all possible luck living on whatever planet is left to live on.

Just don't want to be on a panel of beauty contest judges with DJT.  (Of course he'll be there: his name is next to God's on all the MAGAGA merchandise.)

On 12/1/2022 at 12:00 AM, sologuitar said:

Has any other supernatural event EVER occurred before? Supernatural means "outside of nature". I can't think of any actual events that have happened that had no natural explanation. I don't count stories in the Bible, since there are rarely any non-biblical writings to help verify them.

On 12/1/2022 at 12:00 AM, sologuitar said:

That's not the way animal tissue works after death. We see decomposition effects, we witness what happens after a long time underground. We've long imagined that the dead can rise again, but the patterns of necrosis are well documented. Reanimating all the dead cells in a body is ridiculously expensive in terms of energy. And I suppose you believe that this magical reanimation is also going to make these resurrected people strong enough to push open a coffin with several cubic feet of dirt on top of it? 

At a certain point, faith in stuff like this seems quite silly to me, no offense. If it makes you feel comfortable, I hope it's worth it.

1 hour ago, Peterkin said:

He'd been kept in a cool, dark place for only three days, so he didn't look that bad. But most of the "saved" have been underground quite a long time. Be warned: it's not going to be a pretty population.

Respectfully disagree.  A sentient cloud of gas and ash is a good look for me.