Potential Method for Detection, Location, and Removal of Cancer Cells

ALine

Need assistance writing a paper that expresses the methodology for the Potential Method of Detection, Location, and Removal of Cancer Cells.

My current methodology is the following sequence of steps

1) Cell Detection

1.1) Detect Specific Cancer Types using cell classification methods.

1.2) Program DNA for cancer types in order to define signature of cell using 

CRISPR.

1.3) Classify Cancer type based on cell type that the cancer has mutated.

2) Cell Location

1.1) Immune System auto defines the attack on the given cell based on certain

1.2) Gives an attack signature of the mutated cell based on mutated cell itself.

3) Cell Deletion

3.1) The Immune system removes/collapses the mutated cells from the 

immune system definement.

Immediate assistance would be appreciated. Want to try to get this into a formal paper to gain a better understanding on the research process.

13 hours ago, ALine said:

Immediate assistance would be appreciated. Want to try to get this into a formal paper to gain a better understanding on the research process.

So for context, I'm on the editorial board of the American Society of Microbiology. 

How is your method novel and what experimental data have you generated to verify it? 

Especially in molecular/cell biology, one can't typically just publish a peer reviewed paper describing a new method without some sort of empirical data/hypothesis testing/in silico model/simulation to verify it. On the other hand one can publish a review/synthesis of the current state of the field on a given topic. 

As it stands I don't see anything publishable in your synopsis, unfortunately. 

I believe that I came up with a methodology for using crispr gene editing chromosomes to track, label, locate and delete cancer cells. It will take time for me to understand it fully and I have no experience with biology or constructing scientific papers. @AreteWould it be possible for you to assist me in helping me figure it out.

If you haven't actually done an experiment, unfortunately the idea isn't worth much on its own.  I'm glad for you that you're thinking about cool ideas but there's a lot of heavy lifting to do before it's publishable. Unfortunately cancer/immunology is outside my wheelhouse as a microbiologist and my plate is already rather full. Good luck. 

Edit: As an aside, I have dozens of sketched ideas and half done experiments that never see the light of day for every publication I've completed. Having the idea and generating the concept are just the first step. I think a lot of non-scientists seriously underestimate the work that goes into turning an idea into a published study. Most of my undergraduates and even some PhD students aren't capable of doing it. 

Edited by Arete

12 hours ago, Arete said:

If you haven't actually done an experiment, unfortunately the idea isn't worth much on its own.  I'm glad for you that you're thinking about cool ideas but there's a lot of heavy lifting to do before it's publishable. Unfortunately cancer/immunology is outside my wheelhouse as a microbiologist and my plate is already rather full. Good luck. 

Edit: As an aside, I have dozens of sketched ideas and half done experiments that never see the light of day for every publication I've completed. Having the idea and generating the concept are just the first step. I think a lot of non-scientists seriously underestimate the work that goes into turning an idea into a published study. Most of my undergraduates and even some PhD students aren't capable of doing it. 

Thank you for the reply. Your statements are both correct. I do underestimate the work required in the scientific process. I will go and learn how to be a proper scientist. Thanks again!