45th anniversary of the Wow! signal

thewowsignal

Hi all,

I am a Polish individual, a pianist, radio amateur and electronics hobbyist, please see my website for more information about me.
I currently look for someone good at math and radio astronomy (ideally), who will be able to help me with calculations
related to the Wow! signal received by the Big Ear radio telescope in 1977 in Ohio.
To this very day it has not been known which horn of the Big Ear radio telescope received the Wow! signal. I think I can shed some
fresh light on this problem. More details on my websites.

Regards,

Jakub

Commercial link removed by moderator

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please.

Thanks for your response. I do not want to repeat myself here, hence the link to my website. The event, which happened to me when I was a child is described there.

Since it has been 45 years since the Wow! signal, I want to calculate, if this what I experienced in my childhood is somehow related to the Wow! signal.
Assuming there are 2 locations, where the signal was received, it is possible to calculate from which direction signal came and thus calculate the angle and horn, which could have received the signal in Ohio. Sounds simple, however I am not a very good mathematician. I need someone good at math to help.

My amateur research and calculations clearly indicate, that the signal came from a different location on the sky than officially published. This is of course assuming my experience and the event has to do with the Wow! signal. Perhaps this can explain why only one of the horns received the signal.

I built a website with all details about 2 locations I want to calculate, one of them being the Big Ear radio telescope in Ohio of course. I also created a documentary film about it.

If you are interested to help or know anybody, who can help, please let me know.

!

Moderator Note

We're a science discussion forum. We don't allow members to advertise their websites in threads here. We discuss science here. There are other sites where you can advertise, but this isn't one of them. Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, thewowsignal said:

My amateur research and calculations clearly indicate, that the signal came from a different location on the sky than officially published.

On what basis do you claim this? Surely the scientists know where the reflector was pointed, and thus the possible direction of the source.

Well, as mentioned earlier I built a website about it. If a link to a personal content is not allowed here, I do not think you want me to copy and paste all the contents here.
There is however help needed in math to help with my calculations. In fact I am looking for a radio astronomer - experience with radio waves, astronomy, physics, math.

In regard to your 'Surely the scientists know where the reflector was pointed' - of course, there is lots of information about it on the Big Ear's memorial website.
However, they have no clue why the signal was received by one of the horns and not both. My research suggests the signal went into one of the horns from a different direction. The antenna reflector was pointing somewhere in Sagittarius, but the signal came directly from another location. This is one of the possible explanations.
I base my calculations on my experience assuming the events are related to each other. I mean the event I experienced as a child and the Wow! signal in Ohio.

I am trying to find a place to find people interested in helping me to solve the biggest mystery of my life.
Perhaps this website will be suitable, I do not know yet.

24 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

However, they have no clue why the signal was received by one of the horns and not both.

Of course they do. It’s because they receive signals from different directions. The issue is that they could not tell which horn got the signal, and which was the background.

http://www.bigear.org/Gray-Ellingsen.pdf

“Ohio State recorded the difference in intensity between the two beams, but not the sign, so there was an ambiguity in which beam the emission was detected.”

Fair enough. If the event I experienced is related to the Wow! signal, the signal was transmitted not from constellation Sagittarius. There is not much there, according to the official Wikipedia conclusion. Besides, I believe some information from Ohio was classified in 1977 right after the discovery of the signal. And there is no way to know what exactly. This is one of the reasons I am looking for help to do the math and prove or not if my experience has anything to do with the Wow! signal.
The radio telescope was modified a few times, it is almost impossible to know how exactly it was operating in August 1977. Most of the images available online are from the 90s. The radio telescope had different horns in 1977.

If a link to a personal content is not allowed here, I do not think you want me to copy and paste all the contents here.

!

Moderator Note

This is exactly what we want. Members must be able to take part in the conversation without requiring them to leave the site, or open documents they may not trust. The idea is to make the arguments for your idea here, in this discussion, and if you need to paste something from your website into your post to support them, please do so. This rule also protects us if you're only here to drive traffic to your website. Mostly, we want to hear about the evidence you have that led you to your conclusions. Again, thanks for understanding.

If there was anything classified, there’s a good chance it would be declassified in 2027. 50 years is a common horizon for that. 

7 hours ago, thewowsignal said:

If the event I experienced is related to the Wow! signal, the signal was transmitted not from constellation Sagittarius

If it dud not, it must have bypassed that parabolic reflector, meaning it must have had an even larger amplitude.

According to my research, if the event from my childhood is related to the Wow!, the signal came from different direction than officially published and its power was immense. Giga or Peta Watts of energy was transmitted towards the Earth. If I was allowed to place a link to the website dedicated to my event here, you would be able to read more about it.
As far as classified information, which in my opinion is the case, only people like Jerry Ehman could confirm this theory. But it will never happen for obvious reasons.

Because my intention is to find someone good at math and radio astronomy, I think further discussion here is without any sense. From my perspective of 45 (?) years since the event I mentioned, I am only trying to calculate things. And hope to find someone willing to work with me to confirm or decline, that my experience is related to the Wow! signal.

21 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

According to my research, if the event from my childhood is related to the Wow!, the signal came from different direction than officially published and its power was immense. Giga or Peta Watts of energy was transmitted towards the Earth.

That’s all? The sun emits almost 400 yottawatts (which comes after zetta, which comes after exa, which comes after peta) And the sun is very close, since the emitted power per unit area drops off with the square of the distance.

21 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

If I was allowed to place a link to the website dedicated to my event here, you would be able to read more about it.

If you posted it here, we could read more about it.

I read his easily googled (jakub poland wow signal) tale: scary dream when he was small child, like a memory of a WW2 soldier being shot, quite vivid.  He wonders if the WOW signal relates to this.  Or perhaps a military experiment with mind manipulation.  

Warning: may contain traces of nut.

57 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

According to my research, if the event from my childhood is related to the Wow!, the signal came from different direction than officially published and its power was immense. Giga or Peta Watts of energy was transmitted towards the Earth. If I was allowed to place a link to the website dedicated to my event here, you would be able to read more about it.

So you refuse to discuss this here.  Why is that?

58 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

As far as classified information, which in my opinion is the case, only people like Jerry Ehman could confirm this theory. But it will never happen for obvious reasons.

One obvious reason is that there is no classified information.  You seem to think there is.  Why do you think that?

59 minutes ago, thewowsignal said:

Because my intention is to find someone good at math and radio astronomy, I think further discussion here is without any sense. From my perspective of 45 (?) years since the event I mentioned, I am only trying to calculate things. And hope to find someone willing to work with me to confirm or decline, that my experience is related to the Wow! signal.

How can anyone help with your idea if you refuse to share it!?

Well, you mention my private amateur radio website. Yeah, I described what I experienced in my childhood there.
There is however another website dedicated to calculations I am trying to complete. Hence my initial post.

If there is anybody interested in doing the math, let me know. I need a radio astronomer ideally.

I do not fully understand the wow signal (I'm still looking at the wiki and plot picture), but looking at the plot picture.. have anyone tried simulate signal(s) similar to the wow signal in order to compare and ascertain exactly what that would produce the wow signal? If not, maybe what I just said could help narrow down some of possibilities associated with the wow signal.

Metaphor / analogy: On my mind, I think of background noise and its intensity like a pool of water producing a low level rate (continuous) of noise then suddenly a drop of water emerged upwardly producing more level rate of noise intensity (e.g. like the "6EQUJ5" signal) but the question remains; by a) naturally-occurring phenomena or b) something else or c) mimicking or d) blending well with the pool of water to look or sound as it is part of that? I'm just thinking a bit aloud.

have anyone tried simulate signal(s) similar to the wow signal

Placing a small transmitter on a drone to simulate the Wow! signal makes sense only to certain extent. TX on 1420 MHz band is prohibited by international and local laws anyway. My private research suggests, that the signal was sent from a distant place in our galaxy and a massive power was used. You can laugh now, but the math around it I was just playing with gave me numbers I cannot read properly. In my opinion those who created us are on a higher level in this Universe. Perhaps some civilization of type 2?

On 11/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, tylers100 said:

I do not fully understand the wow signal (I'm still looking at the wiki and plot picture), but looking at the plot picture.. have anyone tried simulate signal(s) similar to the wow signal in order to compare and ascertain exactly what that would produce the wow signal?

1420 MHz is the hydrogen hyperfine transition frequency. 

Given my experience, if related to the Wow! signal of course, the frequency received by a narrow-band radio receiver is only an 'impression' of the actual transmission. Those who created us are capable of placing photons in 3D space-time is such a way, that our brains can receive the contents. However, any radio receiver will only get some narrow-band 'buzz'. If you look at the printout of the Wow! signal (the entire page), you can easily see what I mean.

Edited by thewowsignal
spelling

7 hours ago, thewowsignal said:

In my opinion those who created us are on a higher level in this Universe. Perhaps some civilization of type 2?

Bringing in an extraneous theory doesn't help.  Is there any evidence of Kardashev scale 2 civilizations that are bioengineering humans?  

Those who created us are capable of placing photons in 3D space-time is such a way, that our brains can receive the contents.

Huh?

The  21 cm and 18 cm wavelengths are obvious choices due to the prevalence of hydrogen and hydroxyl radicals in space absorbing radio noise on those bands and making quiet channels for communication.  Has nothing to do with any special neurological attribute of human brains.   The "watering hole" (a clever science wordplay in English, since hydrogen plus hydroxyl equals water) is universal, with nothing specific to humans.

2 hours ago, thewowsignal said:

Those who created us are capable of placing photons in 3D space-time is such a way, that our brains can receive the contents.

!

Moderator Note

Stop right there. You can't use a speculation like this to support further speculation. If you want to establish support for "those who created us", do so in another thread in either Speculations or Religion. And if you're using omnipotent capabilities as an argument, it won't be accepted because science.

I am only trying to describe what I experienced long time ago. If you have a problem with this, I can only say that 'the science' on this small planet is in the middle of nowhere. And my intention is not to discourage the scientific world. I stop here, as requested and leave you some food for thought.