Why cooking oil runs faster when heated?

kenny1999

1 hour ago, kenny1999 said:

I find that when I cook with oil, if the pan isn't hot enough, the oil runs slowly, but when it gets hot enough, the oil runs faster. How to explain this phenomenon?

Liquids normally become less viscous as their temperature increases.

6 hours ago, kenny1999 said:

I find that when I cook with oil, if the pan isn't hot enough, the oil runs slowly, but when it gets hot enough, the oil runs faster. How to explain this phenomenon?

There are intermolecular forces acting between the molecules in the liquid, which have to be overcome in order for molecules to slide past one another. At higher temperatures, a greater proportion of the molecules have enough kinetic energy to overcome at least some of these forces, reducing the resistance to them moving relative to one another.  

20 minutes ago, exchemist said:

There are intermolecular forces acting between the molecules in the liquid, which have to be overcome in order for molecules to slide past one another. At higher temperatures, a greater proportion of the molecules have enough kinetic energy to overcome at least some of these forces, reducing the resistance to them moving relative to one another.  

..and the volume of heated liquid tends to increase as the temperature increases..