Femto camera measures for Aether wind and finds it!

trevorjohnson32

I have an exciting new experiment to test for the Aether wind. It is similar to the famous Michelson and Morley experiment.

The experiment utilizes a Femto camera. A Femto camera takes a trillion frames per second and is capable of capturing light in slow motion as it leaves its source. The link below is a video of just that. By pausing the video where light has expanded into s sphere, one can then measure for the Aether 'moving past' just as they did in the M&M experiment. If the Aether is in fact the medium for light one would expect to be able to measure for the slight difference in speed along different directions in a paused image of the Femto camera.

When I measured with a ruler on the screen I did in fact find that light was travelling faster by a few mm per 25 cm, my math put us at around 3-4 million mph through the universe.

7 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

If the Aether is in fact the medium for light one would expect to be able to measure for the slight difference in speed along different directions in a paused image of the Femto camera.

In your other thread you said the aether was heat.  I guess you just make this stuff up as you go along?  In any rate neither of these OPs are physics.

That it says virtual means the way they make the video is not with typical film that is frame by frame. They take a lot of images from their laser setup and organize them to produce a scene. Anyways they touch up the images and add clarity details which makes it 'virtual' it's still a video of what a real femto camera recorded.

1 hour ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

That it says virtual means the way they make the video is not with typical film that is frame by frame. They take a lot of images from their laser setup and organize them to produce a scene. Anyways they touch up the images and add clarity details which makes it 'virtual' it's still a video of what a real femto camera recorded.

No. You are mixing things up. You have linked to work from Benedikt Bitterli that works with graphics research on new algorithms and representations of geometry and appearance at Nvidia.   

Virtual Femto Photography
A 2D implementation of transient rendering.
Created for fun and out of personal interest.

https://benedikt-bitterli.me/femto.html

It is completely virtual* as far as I can tell, no physical femto cameras are used. No support of aether will be found there. 

*) And also quite interesting if ray tracing, algorithms and physically based rendering is your thing.

Edited by Ghideon

7 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

It is completely virtual* as far as I can tell, no physical femto cameras are used. No support of aether will be found there. 

So if I draw a bunch of circles and put them in order that's the same as what the scientists have done here with an algorithm programmed to show an experiment is accurate a year and half before I thought of it?

2 hours ago, trevorjohnson32 said:

So if I draw a bunch of circles and put them in order that's the same as what the scientists have done here with an algorithm programmed to show an experiment is accurate a year and half before I thought of it?

Can you clarify that sentence? I do not see a connection to pervious posts in the thread.