Preferred heating method ?

Externet

Good morning.

Had 3 spare solar panels dormant for months;  decided to put them to work for helping heating the house instead of sheltering spiders in the basement.

Panel1---panel2---panel3-------------hotplate stove

Panels are 40VDC / 400Watts each; the series yields 120VDC capable of 1200Watts at full insolation.   Yes, the 'burner' gets very hot and has to be contributing warmth into the dwelling.

Now; is it better to warm the air during daylight or put a pot and heat water (or rocks? or junk metal?) lasting more time into night time ?  What would you do ?

Heating Fast Mini Household Hot Plate Cooking,Brand New Upgrade ...

Edited by Externet

In a limitless environment i.e. your own building with enough money, just for heating, you should consider taking solar collectors. They heat water or other fluid in pipes going around house.

24 minutes ago, Externet said:

What would you do ?

I would have TV, computers, 3D printers, refrigerator, washing machine, and water boiler (water for bath) plugged to them all day long..

Change habits, such as bathing, washing clothes during the day rather than in the evening.

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, Sensei said:

I would have TV, computers, 3D printers, refrigerator, washing machine, and water boiler (water for bath) plugged to them all day long..

Thanks.  I already have all those, and range, and appliances plus 9KW electric forced-air heating system for the whole house.  My electric energy bill is $0 monthly from a  5.6KW solar system.  The original post above is only for 3 surplus panels to add heat; do I heat air, water, stones in water or metal in water or something else? for late night heat emission ?

1 hour ago, Externet said:

Thanks.  I already have all those, and range, and appliances plus 9KW electric forced-air heating system for the whole house.  My electric energy bill is $0 monthly from a  5.6KW solar system. 

Admirable.

Do you have all the walls properly covered with Styrofoam? It would help in decreasing energy usage.

1 hour ago, Externet said:

The original post above is only for 3 surplus panels to add heat; do I heat air, water, stones in water or metal in water or something else? for late night heat emission ?

Why not to produce more for your friends and neighbors who don't have installation yet?

How about making your own heated greenhouse for vegetable production?

Edited by Sensei