Would it be possible some day to...?

TrIVIAL/\bLue

Would it be possible to use a virus or other means to change a persons DNA in to some one elses slowly. Perhaps make a bunch of hoast compatable cells (the right receptors so they would not be killed by host cells) put them in the host body and make them superior some how so they would slowly replace the original host cells. would the host end up looking like the donar? or could you make just certain parts like the donar's. Could it be done with today's technology if we understood the human DNA and cells better?

just a thought.

--------------

Sneezing makes my back hurt? Does my sneezing hurt you to? :D

oh actually turn it into someone elses, sorry I missed that bit (I was rushing with the reply - remind me to pay more attention!)... hmm... I doubt it. it would be immensely complicated, and would probably have all sorts of side effects......

in a limited way people are trying to do this, in ways I have suggested, though usually it is just to trick the body into doing something new or not doing something it normally does - for example in transplant patients, there is a real effort being made into tricking the host body into thinking that the transplanted organ is actually a natural part of that body, and hence, hopefully, removing the need to remain on a course of immunosupressants for the rest of their life. I doubt the entire body could be changed totally though, and once the structures such as bone are there, I doubt that there would be any major changes took place. Perhaps in terms of chemicals and so on, and responde to chemicals, as these things occur on a cellular level, but bone structure wouldn't change and the only differences in terms of appearance would be the differences the various chemicals and hormones and such imposed, along with the different sensitivities to these said chemicals.

I cant wait to know more. (basically I want to be older) but I realize when i'm there I'll look back a want to be here, almost 15 sitting typing this message. Time is Trivial yet it is a very important factor in the 3rd dimention.

oh well ignore me, must be lack of sleep kicking in. hmmmm...

well reading is the key to everything, except living life. If someone spent eternity reading would he know where to go, once freed?

Never mind

what is your favorite science magaizine?

I am intrigued. LOL

-----------------------

How can you go inside OUTERspace?

well I read a few that I have access to, like Science nature Scientific American and New Scientist. plus I pull up alot of journal articles throught the internet when I see something interesting - one of the benefits of being at university is that they often have access to all the online Journals, wheras normally you would have to pay for each article or a subscription...

Discover Magazine is fun. I'd recommend it

From Your picture I can see way you want to change your appearance. If not, go to San Francisco. I saw a girl there that looks just like you.

I agree with Radical E.

Your structure is already done and the virus you mentioned can only add to the structure. Make it normal or make it a little better.

It can't remove tissue that is already there without serious consequences. This is just my opinion.:cool2:

Keep crankin out the inspirations. This is the best place to discuss them.

Just aman.

I have a subscription to Nature and Scientific American.

Nature is more of a journal article, and most of its over my head.

Scientific American is my favorite. They have good articles, and very nice illustrations and graphics.