The SpaceShips Of Ezekiel

Doctor Derp

Does the book of ezekiel in the bible describe spacecraft landings on earth?

Ezekiel 1:4  I was amazed to see a wind storm blow[g] in from the north, consisting of[h] a massive cloud and fire that was flashing back and forth, surrounded by bright light. From deep within the cloud,[i] something was shining that appeared to have a color like bronze that had been placed in fire until it glowed.

Deep inside it, the likenesses of four living beings were visible. Their appearances were similar to human forms, except that they each had four faces, four pairs of wings,[j] and straight legs. Their feet resembled calves’ hooves, but they gleamed like polished bronze. 

15 As I observed the living beings, I noticed one wheel on the earth beside each being—that is, for the four of them.

There was spread out over the heads of the living beings what looked like a canopy,[w] in outward appearance resembling ice,

I also heard the sound of their wings, like the sound of roaring[x] water, like the voice of the Almighty, or like a boisterous crowd within an army camp. Whenever they stopped flying, they lowered their wings. 

The early portion of ezekiel describes what sounds like a spacecraft landing. 

There are massive clouds and fire which resemble thruster fire and smoke produced by rocket combustion engines. Wings and straight legs with wheels. A canopy similar to ice. Which is similar to glass. And finally a loud roar like the high pitched whine of a jet engine. After the rocket lands, its wings appear to retract like an F-14 for easier storage.

An interstellar spacecraft powered by ... chemical rockets ???

I guess that's what we know, so we make that association.
now, if the description was a shiny metallic object falling out of a hole in the sky, I might think 'wormhole'.
Which might be more plausible.

Hello Everyone. I just created an account to respond to this post.

The Vision that was given to Ezekiel was profoundly deep and significant, however it had little to do with SpaceShips... at least not the kind we usually think of.

Since this subject has many facets, I will keep things simple for now and only address the Four Faces in the OP.

The Four Faces were...

• Ox
  • Eagle
  • Lion
  • Man

The Bible describes the Ox as being very 'Strong'. The Eagle is described as 'What goes up, must come down'. The Lion is described as being 'Powerful'. Man is the 'Weakest' among them.

Now, since this is a Science forum, I am going to assume you folks understand what the Four Forces being described above are.

I am uncertain as to what Bible version @Doctor Derpis using, however I generally like the KJV. I will now address this verse from the OP...

Ezekiel 1:4 - "And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire."

The Key Word to focus on here is 'Amber'. This word will give us important clues as to what is being shown.

Amber is Strong's Hebrew #2830. The word is 'Chasmal'...

Strong's Hebrew: 2830. חַשְׁמַל (chashmal) -- perhaps amber (biblehub.com)

What is fascinating about this word, is that 'Amber' is where we get the modern word for 'Electron'...

"Both electric and electricity are derived from the Latin ēlectrum (also the root of the alloy of the same name), which came from the Greek word for amber, ἤλεκτρον (ēlektron)."

Electron - Wikipedia

In short, Ezekiel was being shown a 'Whirling Electron Cloud'. Moreover, Ezekiel was being shown the most intimate details of Atomic Construct and Particle Physics.

Edited by Base12

14 hours ago, Base12 said:

In short, Ezekiel was being shown a 'Whirling Electron Cloud'. Moreover, Ezekiel was being shown the most intimate details of Atomic Construct and Particle Physics.

Just imagine, for a second, he/she/it was being figurative rather than literal, then the cloud becomes rather nebulous...  😉

14 hours ago, Base12 said:

Hello Everyone. I just created an account to respond to this post.

The Vision that was given to Ezekiel was profoundly deep and significant, however it had little to do with SpaceShips... at least not the kind we usually think of.

Since this subject has many facets, I will keep things simple for now and only address the Four Faces in the OP.

The Four Faces were...

• Ox
  • Eagle
  • Lion
  • Man

The Bible describes the Ox as being very 'Strong'. The Eagle is described as 'What goes up, must come down'. The Lion is described as being 'Powerful'. Man is the 'Weakest' among them.

Now, since this is a Science forum, I am going to assume you folks understand what the Four Forces being described above are.

I am uncertain as to what Bible version @Doctor Derpis using, however I generally like the KJV. I will now address this verse from the OP...

Ezekiel 1:4 - "And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire."

The Key Word to focus on here is 'Amber'. This word will give us important clues as to what is being shown.

Amber is Strong's Hebrew #2830. The word is 'Chasmal'...

Strong's Hebrew: 2830. חַשְׁמַל (chashmal) -- perhaps amber (biblehub.com)

What is fascinating about this word, is that 'Amber' is where we get the modern word for 'Electron'...

"Both electric and electricity are derived from the Latin ēlectrum (also the root of the alloy of the same name), which came from the Greek word for amber, ἤλεκτρον (ēlektron)."

Electron - Wikipedia

You need protection from whirling clouds of electrons:

image.png.13cfcda25c55595bcae5977b36988ac1.png