I can't imagine there is no God (hijack from Are you atheist?)

receivedxqy

6 minutes ago, receivedxqy said:

I can't imagine that there is no God.

It's easy if you try...

6 minutes ago, receivedxqy said:

Then what are we living for?

Personally, I am living because I enjoy living.  

If believing in God brings meaning to your life, that's great, just leave me out of it. 

Edited by Bufofrog

12 minutes ago, receivedxqy said:

I can't imagine that there is no God.

I can imagine several kinds of god, but cannot make any of them real. As none of the other people who imagined the thousands of gods that went before (in my-y-y life) could make them real for me. That takes nothing away from the enjoyment of a good fantasy or quest saga or moral object lesson.

17 minutes ago, receivedxqy said:

Then what are we living for?

Most of us are able to find a personal, quite compelling reason. And some need external motivation.

4 hours ago, receivedxqy said:

I can't imagine that there is no God. Then what are we living for?

Family. Sunday Night Football. Pickled onions. Hiking in the woods. Van Morrison. Marx Brothers movies. Novels. Watching a stiff breeze in the Fall cause a couple thousand leaves to start tumbling toward the ground. Vanilla ice cream with fresh picked strawberries. Watching my granddaughter figure something new out for the first time.

I could do this all day. In fact, the more things I list, the happier I am to be alive. Thanks for reminding me to always look on the bright side of life. 😁

Edited by zapatos

On 9/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, receivedxqy said:

What is the point of achieving something, of self-realization, if everything disappears at the end of the path and we won't be there? In my opinion, without religion and God, everything loses its meaning. As you have already understood, I am a religious person. Moreover, I visit url deleted every Sunday. Btv, I have not always adhered to this position. Endless problems in the past have prompted me to do this. Fortunately, now my spiritual principles and moral values allow me to be content with life.

1 hour ago, receivedxqy said:

What is the point of achieving something, of self-realization, if everything disappears at the end of the path and we won't be there? In my opinion, without religion and God, everything loses its meaning.

Don't forget that Jesus, ghost, wrote the bible not God; and Jesus had to figure it out for himself, otherwise his sacrifice for mankind would be meanless (he had to doubt his father, to see the light).

1 hour ago, receivedxqy said:

without religion and God, everything loses its meaning. As you have already understood, I am a religious person. Moreover, I visit url deleted every Sunday. Btv, I have not always adhered to this position. Endless problems in the past have prompted me to do this. Fortunately, now my spiritual principles and moral values allow me to be content with life.

So, was it God or you that forgave you? 

Can you accept that not every path to contentment is trodden, with God at ones side, even if it's the same path?

On 9/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, receivedxqy said:

2 hours ago, receivedxqy said:

What is the point of achieving something, of self-realization, if everything disappears at the end of the path and we won't be there? In my opinion, without religion and God, everything loses its meaning. As you have already understood, I am a religious person. Moreover, I visit url deleted every Sunday. Btv, I have not always adhered to this position. Endless problems in the past have prompted me to do this. Fortunately, now my spiritual principles and moral values allow me to be content with life.

Religious people beleive in subjective stories of a God , you don't have to be religious to believe in a God if you apply science 𝚿/V 

Any form of God would require wavefunction to think , here is what God looks like . Fear not , physics created God , God created us . 

brain.jpg

3 hours ago, receivedxqy said:

What is the point of achieving something, of self-realization, if everything disappears at the end of the path and we won't be there?

There is no "point". Life is not for achieving but for living. If you don't know how to do that, you need a carrot to drag you through life to a death, beyond which you're hoping to find something better. That's sad, but if that's your life, it's the one you'll have to live.

Nobody's asking you to give up your unreachable carrot. What are you asking of other people?