Does darkness exist ?

Ned

2 hours ago, Ned said:

I understand it is a difficult concept to ''imagine'' but that is what the physics suggests . 

No. It's very easy to see it's wrong. Light can be detected even when it's not visible. The whole thing has nothing to do with human perception. Your eyes are adapted to be particularly sensitive to green, for good evolutionary reasons, and totally blind to ultraviolet or infrared light.

Period.

Are we done?

45 minutes ago, joigus said:

No. It's very easy to see it's wrong. Light can be detected even when it's not visible. The whole thing has nothing to do with human perception. Your eyes are adapted to be particularly sensitive to green, for good evolutionary reasons, and totally blind to ultraviolet or infrared light.

Period.

Are we done?

Hmm., no we are not , my diagrams show there is no darkness and you are incorrect . You can experiment with my diagrams in real life and observe that the space is not darkened when in shade . Only the surface is darkened . 

Space appears dark (black) in colour because black is the colour our brains attribute to the lack of detectible light entering our optical system. It has nothing to do with the colour of "space". Colour is nothing more than the frequency of the light being reflected off the object which is being illuminated. When the light is reflected it will appear as a colour, or a combination of colours, and possibly a multitude of colours if the light is reflected at different frequencies, like a prism.

Space doesn't reflect visible light so will just appear "dark", this doesn't mean space has a colour, its just the way we perceive it visually.   

3 hours ago, joigus said:

I'd say you may be minutes away from being done.

Oh, yes. Your "evidence." I'm very impressed.

It isn't my evidence , it is an everyday observation anyone can perform using an object and light source . We can observe this when we create a shadow , only the surface becomes darker in appearance , the space in shadow remains transparent . If darkness existed we would observe the space in shadow to become less clear in appearance , the view of the surface would be obstructed by darkness . 

1 hour ago, Intoscience said:

Space appears dark (black) in colour because black is the colour our brains attribute to the lack of detectible light entering our optical system. It has nothing to do with the colour of "space". Colour is nothing more than the frequency of the light being reflected off the object which is being illuminated. When the light is reflected it will appear as a colour, or a combination of colours, and possibly a multitude of colours if the light is reflected at different frequencies, like a prism.

Space doesn't reflect visible light so will just appear "dark", this doesn't mean space has a colour, its just the way we perceive it visually.   

Just ignore the window in the diagram will you ? 

Edited by Ned

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

Look. Here’s a picture of a refrigerator. I solved global warming! 

frysbar-top-freezer-refrigerator-stainle

That wouldn't work because of the electricity used and the refridgerator unit generates heat . I use real physics , not make believe . 

Amazing how much time SFN members are willing to spend sparring with crackpots.  Seems like a large percent of recent threads consist of little else. 

Can't they be buried in the cornfield like that telekinetic boy does in the Twilight Zone episode?  Badda bing badda boom.