Does sex have any relationship with the function of kidney?

kenny1999

In the South East regions of China, there have been a saying or legend for long time that excessive sex or masturbation will cause harm to one's kidney and vice versa, someone with an unhealthy kidney will have sex problems. For many years, there are also all kinds of supplements here sold legally which are advertised to improve men's kidney health or sex health and the terms kidney and sex are often put together and they are not selling badly.

For long, I really hope to be clear, if there is any relationship between sex health and kidney's health, from the medicine point of view?

Edited by kenny1999

Definitely.

Failed kidneys will affect your sex life.
It is almost impossible to have pleasant sex while undergoing dialysis.

On the other hand, excessive masturbation does not lead to bad eyesight.
My vision was bad even before I started masturbating excessively 😄 😄 .

2 minutes ago, MigL said:

Definitely.

I have reported you, troll.

24 minutes ago, MigL said:

Definitely.

That's what you get for not seeing a serious question.  ;) 

In traditional sayings there is often some element of truth, but the relations contained in them are actually generally tenuous on closer inspection, in modern terms, where we have more resources to test ideas. I think this is one of those examples.

Failing kidneys will influence just about everything in your life, but it’s a stretch to assume that ejaculating from self-touch leads to a failure in the way our body filters contaminants. You may as well be asking why eating spicy foods leads to volcanic eruptions. 

Oh, wait…

11 hours ago, kenny1999 said:

I have reported you, troll.

!

Moderator Note

Thank you for using the Report Post function. 

This seems more like a misplaced humor rather than active trolling. Reminder to all, we're in the Medical Science section, and replies should reflect that! 

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:10 PM, kenny1999 said:

In the South East regions of China, there have been a saying or legend for long time that excessive sex or masturbation will cause harm to one's kidney and vice versa, someone with an unhealthy kidney will have sex problems. For many years, there are also all kinds of supplements here sold legally which are advertised to improve men's kidney health or sex health and the terms kidney and sex are often put together and they are not selling badly.

For long, I really hope to be clear, if there is any relationship between sex health and kidney's health, from the medicine point of view?

Those claims stem from what is known as TCM. Traditional chinese medicine. Which strongly correlates with acupuncture, etc.

I have often wondered if those claims are true. My personal experience is doing the opposite of what TCM recommends that people do.

Western medical science does correlate kidney function with sexual function. But I think the correlation is more chemical and biological in western medicine.

Wheras in TCM the correlation was arrived at using a different process.

Semen exits the body the same way urine does. It is not a stretch to think that the exit of one could influence the other. Similarly vomiting can lead to lung issues.

Who would have thought that excessive masturbation could protect you from prostate cancer?