rotating 3 phase magnetic fields

hoola

I read of 3 phase motor cores, without the armature, as having some small weight loss when energized. Although the evidence is not much more that anecdotal, it does seem as an interesting experiment, although any weight loss is most likely due to interactions with the earth's magnetic field, from other external sources such as house wiring or simple error. I wonder if anyone on the forum has personally made a device to see if any effects could be seen, as the experiment itself could be a simple one to fabricate. Thanks for any input.

Edited by hoola

1 hour ago, hoola said:

I read of 3 phase motor cores, without the armature, as having some small weight loss when energized. Although the evidence is not much more that anecdotal, it does seem as an interesting experiment, although any weight loss is most likely due to interactions with the earth's magnetic field, from other external sources such as house wiring or simple error. I wonder if anyone on the forum has personally made a device to see if any effects could be seen, as the experiment itself could be a simple one to fabricate. Thanks for any input.

This seems on the face of it a very odd claim. Can you give some context or, best of all, refer us to a source or an internet link, in case that helps understand what is meant? 

2 hours ago, hoola said:

Weight loss ?  Three phase?

They must have been of the 5 - 2 diet

And 5minus 2 is well three of course.

the idea comes to me from John Brandenburg, a plasma physicist who has worked with others on the Woodward thruster, based upon piezo materials being stimulated to give a propellantless thrust with only an electrical input.  Youtube videos are online from SSI.org that cover various other subjects they have lectures on. They claim to have measured micronewton levels of thrust. Another propellantless thrust idea is the Shawyer engine, based upon microvaves, is online, and has reported some NASA testing  by Sonny White, putting the device in a vacuum chamber, shielded in a Faraday cage, although these results seem difficult to verify. The immediate idea of both type of thrusters is for satellite station keeping duties, as the thrust, if at all possible, is very low. Both ideas are rather "cold fusionish" but interesting, nonetheless.

Edited by hoola

6 minutes ago, hoola said:

the idea comes to me from John Brandenburg, a plasma physicist who has worked with others on the Woodward thruster, based upon piezo materials being stimulated to give a propellantless thrust with only an electrical input.  Youtube videos are online from SSI.org that cover various other subjects they have lectures on. They claim to have measured micronewton levels of thrust. Another propellantless thrust idea is the Shawyer engine, based upon microvaves, is online, and has reported some NASA testing  by Sonny White, putting the device in a vacuum chamber, shielded in a Faraday cage, although these results seem difficult to verify. The immediate idea of both type of thrusters is for satellite station keeping duties, as the thrust, if at all possible, is very low. Both ideas are rather "cold fusionish" but interesting, nonetheless.

So, nothing better than YouTube videos, eh? 

Wake me up when you have something worth discussing.