It's my duty to battle the Left (split from War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?}

Greg A.

14 minutes ago, MigL said:

Bat-shit crazy is ignoring facts, and basing opinion on personal 'beliefs'.

You're right. Evil may be perfectly sane. Of course, we all base our our opinions on our beliefs - at least those who still believe anything. Viktator (Not mine; it's what Hungarians call him, before they're disappeared)  Orban's problem is not with NAFTA. He's a megalomaniac, on the Trump model, except Trump hasn't been able to do to the US (yet) what Orban has done to Hungary. But his good buddies are trying real hard to make America bend over. Hell has no bats in it, probably.

Edited by Peterkin

Then why do you confuse him with ALL conservatives.
As a matter of fact D Trump, in his last Presidential bid in 2000 ran as a Reformer, before switching to Democrat the following year.
He is an opportunist, who does things for personal benefit, as is V Orban.

The group of mostly idiots who make up the Republican party are not comparable to most other conservatives in other countries.
Knowing that they could be easily manipulated,  Trump took advantage of them and their base, for his own benefit; the few sane Republicans that are left, all hate D Trump with a passion.

I expect that if the Hungarian people don't get rid of V Orban, the EU will soon lose patience with them, and cut them loose.
There are certain standards to be met for joining, and those standards must be maintained to stay.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

Then why do you confuse him with ALL conservatives.

I don't. It's how he's branding himself.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

As a matter of fact D Trump, in his last Presidential bid in 2000 ran as a Reformer, before switching to Democrat the following year.

Yeah, so? Do labels matter, or do actions? Orban's fascist party is called Federation of Young Democrats–Hungarian Civic Alliance.

1 hour ago, MigL said:

The group of mostly idiots who make up the Republican party

How did that come about? What happened to the moderates, the reasonable, the conservatives who believed they had something to conserve, rather than just somebody to hate and oppose by all means possible? The Democrats didn't make those conservatives go away - they were purged by the reconstituted (* giddit? https://www.businessinsider.com/constitutional-convention-conservatives-republicans-constitution-supreme-court-2022-7 Republican party. 

are not comparable to most other conservatives in other countries.

Don't count on it. They're gathering steam, and power, and more adherents; incorporating the extreme right fringes of bigotry and undirected rage, attracting more clueless people who can just about wrap their heads around a slogan, or are so scared, they'll follow anyone who puffs himself up pretending to be strong.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/15/far-right-extremism-global-problem-worldwide-solutions/

It’s not for nothing that Steve Bannon, who has called Orbán “the most significant guy on the scene right now,” is currently in Europe building an organization — called “the Movement” — aimed at spreading Orbán’s populist politics across the continent. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/13/17823488/hungary-democracy-authoritarianism-trump

Now, the seizure of the US capital, we all saw January the 6th, made it abundantly clear of the rising power of the right in America. But this is not an isolated phenomenon.

It’s part of our surging right-wing power across the globe. They’ve seized control of countries like Brazil, India, Hungary, on every continent the right-wing movements are inspired by anti-immigration mania, racism, patriarchy, historic nostalgia.https://therealnews.com/the-rise-of-the-far-right-is-a-global-phenomenon

1 hour ago, MigL said:

I expect that if the Hungarian people don't get rid of V Orban, the EU will soon lose patience with them, and cut them loose.
There are certain standards to be met for joining, and those standards must be maintained to stay.

It is to be hoped, for the sake of Europe, and just tough beans for the helpless Hungarians. But The EU itself is far from safe.

In the European Parliament, nine far-right parties have formed a new bloc, called Identity and Democracy (ID). https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36130006

Edited by Peterkin

On 8/5/2022 at 12:55 AM, MigL said:

Just like differences between types of conervatives and liberals, there is a huge difference between 'soft' and compassionate.

The idea is not one extreme ideology, or the other opposite.
It is a combination of the two which yield the most benefit for all people.
Democracy does that much much better than authoritanianism/dictatorship.

There would be few rules in godless world and if we are not careful we can easily be mistaken as democracy has  a vulnerability that is set to be exploited soon. 

On 8/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, Phi for All said:

No they don't, but men historically have ignored their part in procreation and leave it all to women. One of the problems I have with your stance is that you consider an unborn fetus to be a citizen that needs protecting, but you won't let me claim it on my taxes until it's born, and you won't give it any other protections citizens get, like the right to vote. You give more worth to a glob of cells than you do to a living woman. You insist that a heartbeat is life to an embryo, but when I'm old and dying you move the goalposts and insist it's the cessation of my brain activity that signals death. Why won't you even consider abortions before six weeks, before there's brain activity?

If politics had somehow been left out of the abortion debate and instead a clinical (type) decision made then the aborting of a fetus would have been something that was  'allowed' rather than it ever being some kind of fundamental right. Allowing something implies conditions have being applied. And If this does not happen then abortion can become a dangerous weapon and is why Roe v Wade needed to be overturned.  

On 8/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, Phi for All said:

Obviously, you aren't a small-government conservative who believes the government should intrude in citizen's lives as little as possible. I don't see how you could believe that AND believe that the government should step in to protect citizens from themselves. Do you approve of fascism as a mechanism for exercising this government protection? Kick in their doors if they don't approve of what you're doing?

Governments can be strong and protect society while still respecting the rights of individuals. Fascism is strong and effective but at a great cost to individual freedoms putting the state first as it does. I believe in democracy because it is mostly a safe system even if it's not effective as we believe it to be. The Left while in power improve society, the Right boost the economy, a seesawing effect brought about by 'rationality' expressing itself as a subset of the swing vote exercising their objectivity and voting for a candidate or party offering the best options, that's rather than the subjectivity of any familial or class preferences. 

22 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Just to clarify, do you mean matriarchs and patriarchs, or are you talking just about women who support your patriarchy?

We have and need a patriarchal society and of course need women to also support that. An example of that natural order would be here at this forum where as you know there are mostly males and only some females. As for elected leaders they can be whoever is best suited to the position rather than say in the old days when a warrior was the better pick, your General Eisenhower for example. 

1 hour ago, Greg A. said:

If politics had somehow been left out of the abortion debate

Then people would be allowed to make up their own mind, you know "free", to vote in a democracy that actually represents the value of your vote; rather than an imaginary enemy...

10 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Then people would be allowed to make up their own mind, you know "free", to vote in a democracy that actually represents the value of your vote; rather than an imaginary enemy...

isac.jpg

On 8/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, Greg A. said:

That might be because conservatives quite often have less formal education and are more reliant on intuition instead.

So, you do realise that the Right are just less well informed, don't you?

Putting down intuitive feelings on paper isn't all that easy.

Maybe you should listen to those who learned to think and to express those thoughts.

That said I put a lot of thinking into what I believe is the truth.

Just "thinking" isn't good enough.
You need to study how the world really works.
You need evidence.

6 hours ago, Greg A. said:

There would be few rules in godless world

And in a truly Christian world, there would be even fewer. Two, to be exact.

“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. “This is the first and great commandment. “And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matthew 22:37–39).

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

isac.jpg

Who's the guy with the charlatanic sideburns? 😆

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

If politics had somehow been left out of the abortion debate and instead a clinical (type) decision made then the aborting of a fetus would have been something that was  'allowed' rather than it ever being some kind of fundamental right. Allowing something implies conditions have being applied. And If this does not happen then abortion can become a dangerous weapon and is why Roe v Wade needed to be overturned.  

I agree politics should be left out, and medical science should help us decide parameters. And in that case, I still believe the woman should have complete rights to the medical treatments she and her doctor approve. 

Which decisions about YOUR body are you willing to hand over to the government? Remember, if it's not a right, it can be taken away by partisan whim.

3 hours ago, Greg A. said:

Governments can be strong and protect society while still respecting the rights of individuals. Fascism is strong and effective but at a great cost to individual freedoms putting the state first as it does. I believe in democracy because it is mostly a safe system even if it's not effective as we believe it to be. The Left while in power improve society, the Right boost the economy, a seesawing effect brought about by 'rationality' expressing itself as a subset of the swing vote exercising their objectivity and voting for a candidate or party offering the best options, that's rather than the subjectivity of any familial or class preferences. 

Well, studies actually show that Democrats, overall since the end of WWII, have improved the economy by an average of 4.4% each year, while Republicans by the same standards improved the economy by 2.5% each year.

National Bureau of Economic Research, https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w20324/w20324.pdf

Sorry, but you built this argument on a faulty foundation, and I hope you can see that now.

4 hours ago, Greg A. said:

We have and need a patriarchal society and of course need women to also support that. An example of that natural order would be here at this forum where as you know there are mostly males and only some females. As for elected leaders they can be whoever is best suited to the position rather than say in the old days when a warrior was the better pick, your General Eisenhower for example. 

Why do we need a patriarchy? Why do you think it's important? If you're talking about natural order, the animal kingdom is full of matriarchies and all sorts of leadership combinations. Why would you pigeonhole modern humans as only fit if led by the male of the species? Be ready to face mountains of evidence that show how suited women are to leadership and innovation.

23 minutes ago, MigL said:

Diidn't know you were of Russian descent, Peterkin.

There are many things we don't know about each other. Shall we agree to keep it so?

(*end of derail fmp*)

Edited by Peterkin

11 hours ago, Greg A. said:

There would be few rules in godless world and if we are not careful we can easily be mistaken as democracy has  a vulnerability that is set to be exploited soon. 

Wait a minute, earlier you implied that christianity was too soft, now you are implying that not having god is a problem. What is your religion? Are you an atheist? 

12 hours ago, Greg A. said:

abortion can become a dangerous weapon and is why Roe v Wade needed to be overturned.  

This thread is about the illegal Russian invasion of Ukraine and likely similar action of China into Taiwan. 

12 hours ago, Greg A. said:

The Left while in power improve society, the Right boost the economy, a seesawing effect

See above

8 hours ago, Peterkin said:

There are many things we don't know about each other. Shall we agree to keep it so?

Absolutely.
You don't seem like the kind of person I'd want to get to know any better.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:34 AM, swansont said:

Which is impossible under pure capitalism. If more people have money, that drives prices up. There will always be people who can't afford medical treatments.

More money does not mean higher prices provided that money were earned in line with a corresponding increase in production. It's hand outs that increase inflation. 

Tell me, what policies have conservatives implemented to ensure that we are all wealthy enough? They oppose a minimum wage. How do you get wealthy working for $8 an hour? Even if you work 2 jobs, that's $33,280 a year @40 hours a week. Probably less, because I don't think the GOP is a big fan of paid sick leave. How does the right feel about unions, who fight for higher wages?

An expanding economy increases employment redistributing wealth in a non-inflationary way (if you think about it we are wealthier now than ever before).

Canada has a housing crisis resulting in increased housing costs. There are two way to deal with that situation in as it effects workers and others on lower incomes. And one is to raise wages, which unnecessarily impacts on all other products and services whose prices don't effect negatively the standard of living. The second method is to confront the problem and simply force housing prices down, a not too hard thing to do in a country as big as Canada is and with its relatively small population. 

They are opposed to public education, which might allow people to get better jobs. If one hits a stretch of bad luck, what is the conservative stance on help for people out of work and possibly homeless, because they can't work? 

If we had full employment public schooling would hardly be needed.

It might be that capitalists in the past saw an unemployment rate as a good thing as it forced workers to compete in the same way capitalism is competitive, the 'survival of the fittest' thing. But unions have come about as part of a natural balance process and low unemployment now is a goal as it is a register of a booming economy.   

Sounds more like the conservative want you to have a unicorn, but it's just a talking point. 

So what? What business is it of yours what other people do in private?

It's not provided these people don't then scream out in public for an abortion. 

Where is your evidence of this? We had much better wealth equality back when taxation was much different. And see my remarks above about working for minimum wage. How successful is that at redistributing wealth?

Your ideology, the Left, blinds you to many things. Politicians for one thing are people who have no idea whatsoever as to how to run a country and are themselves elected by people who know even less as to how to run a country. Scattered among the public are people who do however have what it takes to run a country, but the democratic election process imposes that many hurdles they can never have any real influence. 

Where is your evidence of this?

It's not their welfare income that is the whole problem,  but is the lack of occupation that's given with it. The old adage 'the devil makes work for idle hands' applies. 

Of course you might be referring to tax cheats, et.al, as the best criminals, but on a dollar-by-dollar basis, I suspect that the rich are the worst criminals. The IRS estimates tax cheats cost the US $1 trillion a year.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-04-13/tax-cheats-are-costing-the-us-1-trillion-a-year-irs-estimates

Even if you had a million welfare recipients stealing $100,000 each every year, that's only 10% of the tax cheating. (and we could go into other white-collar crime and wage theft as well)

Sorry, what? What unequal treatment do white males get?

The Left is the sociopolitical representation of our 'X' chromosome, as such it has it in for the bearers of the Y chromosome.  And that's every male human being on earth. The female and other it (the Left) sees as underprivileged and wants to express it's benevolence to. 

(here is another example of my observation about only dealing in generalities and manufactured outrage)

Males are presently the most disadvantaged group in society and that's regardless of age. We don't complain, as I am not doing now, but accept this situation as being a consequence of being born male, sacrificial and self sacrificing. How ever if this imposed disadvantage should pose a risk to a society then the sacrifice and self sacrifice should be directed at preserving that society.  

Sorry, these are the fault of liberals in the US? And this suggests that the liberals you seem to dislike were supportive of these regimes. 

The Liberal, a product of a soft environment, while expressing their 'X' chromosomes, seize upon a plight and use it ruthlessly as a stepping stone to power.

With 4 billion now set to die, it would be as a result of liberals everywhere, the fault however is with those who are aware of this impending catastrophe and fail to act. As an adult I'm obliged to help defend society but  my actions are very limited and confined to places like this.  

The left attacked the right? What history books are you reading? Since when is slavery a liberal tenet?

(also, if you have to delve into history like this, it sounds like you have no arguments to make about politics of the current century) 

The Union used the plight of the slaves the same way the communists used the plight of the working class and feminism today uses the plight of women as means to power, all driven by our X chromosomes resentment of the mutant Y chromosome. 

Why 25? If this is some age of responsibility then surely nobody should be able to do other things, like own a gun, before they are 25. Doesn't seem like a conservative view.

25 is the point where the process of aging start to take over from the processes of youth and should be the youngest age allowed for anyone to accept the responsibility of playing a part in deciding a government.  The Left of course want the voting age lowered, a subconscious strategy, one disguised as respect and compassion for youth. 

The case against owning a gun is primarily an emotionalist's one (the Left once again conveying their emotions). The known risk (very low) from owning a gun versus the extremely high risk of deaths from a reckless vote. 

Anne Coulter has challenged the female right to vote, being more sarcastic than serious she still makes a valid logical point. 

Just now, Greg A. said:

More money does not mean higher prices provided that money were earned in line with a corresponding increase in production. It's hand outs that increase inflation. 

Technically, it’s both. The more money people have to spend, the higher prices shops and services can charge bc consumers will pay it. If you believe the current global inflation pressures are just from “handouts,” then you’re wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

We’re about as close to full employment right now as we have been in nearly a century. Suggesting that this means schools aren’t needed to prepare workers to do those jobs is rather ludicrous. It’s also nonsequitur. 

6 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

It's not their welfare income that is the whole problem,  but is the lack of occupation that's given with it. The old adage 'the devil makes work for idle hands' applies. 

Starving people and making their children homeless doesn’t exactly lead those people to becoming better employees. 

7 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

The Left is the sociopolitical representation of our 'X' chromosome, as such it has it in for the bearers of the Y chromosome.  And that's every male human being on earth. The female and other it (the Left) sees as underprivileged and wants to express it's benevolence to. 

I’d laugh if this weren’t so pathetically sad. 

8 minutes ago, Greg A. said:

Males are presently the most disadvantaged group in society and that's regardless of age. We don't complain, as I am not doing now

Yes, males… especially the white ones… have been marginalized and ill treated for far too long. I’m glad brave souls like you are finally willing to call out this discrimination. 

You’ve been conditioned to attack simplistic one-dimensional labels like “the left” and “liberals,” and because of this you remain ignorant of and in opposition to actual solutions to the problems we both agree exist. You’re attacking cartoons instead of building better futures. 

An expanding economy increases employment redistributing wealth in a non-inflationary way (if you think about it we are wealthier now than ever before).

Expanding to.... where? You do know the planet is.. um... are you sitting down? ... round... yes.

Canada has a housing crisis resulting in increased housing costs.

Do you know why? Are you aware of all the factors that have contributed to the availability and cost of housing over the past 5 years? In which provinces? In which parts of which provinces?

he second method is to confront the problem and simply force housing prices down, a not too hard thing to do in a country as big as Canada is and with its relatively small population. 

Once you have a totalitarian government, not hard at all. As long as there are several parties and a number of different interests and considerations in play, not quite so easy.

Right.

Just put all the kids to work in the fields, mines and sweatshops at age 7 and they don't need to read or count at all, because they owe their souls to the company store. 

Males are presently the most disadvantaged group in society and that's regardless of age. We don't complain

No, you don't complain. You whine, scream, rail, rant, howl and gnash your teeth. You'd gnash someone else's, a lackey's or servant girl's, if you could subjugate one enough to borrow their teeth. 

Edited by Peterkin

On 8/5/2022 at 11:18 PM, swansont said:

Ah, you need to believe. That explains a lot. Being wrong about some things means you’re wrong about anything built on them, and that can be problematic.

If I don't believe I'm wrong then I've got no choice other than to believe it is my adversaries that are wrong. 

And you’ve been told not to discuss this anymore, because you went ~6 pages and refused to address issues people raised, and we decided that’s enough. You aren’t engaging in good faith, and when that becomes obvious we shut threads down. In accordance with the rules you agreed to when you joined.

I was making a point not resurrecting an argument. And if I remember it was you that had taken the ''experiment" off on a tangent with the irrelevancies of time and gravity. And here you are again threatening censorship and this time it's in a philosophical thread. 

Another nebulous, unsupported claim. You’re all hat and no cattle.

I've answered this further on. 

See above comment.

Which you’ve been asked to identify, specifically, and you don’t. Can’t, probably, but would never admit it.

I can easily do this but I need a reason other than to satisfy someone's curiosity. That is if you can't refute what it is I say this time then accept you are wrong. 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:14 AM, Phi for All said:

Without insurance? That would be great, wouldn't it? Liberals think we already are wealthy enough to afford medical insurance, as long as it's universal and supported by everyone. I want you to have it, because your health matters to all of us.

Conservatives argue that it's better to put the money back into the economy so as to take the burden off of the public hospital system rather than in effect throwing kerosene on the fire to try and put it out. But people should have a choice still and any government that fails to improve an economy should not expect to get reelected as they shouldn't. 

On 8/5/2022 at 1:36 AM, Phi for All said:

Huh, that's interesting, because the most recent studies show that when welfare is removed (for example, when an 18-year-old no longer gets Social Security supplements from a parent on SS), crime goes up. Source: https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/BFI_WP_2022-28.pdf

If they were employed they'd have money and occupation. 

On 8/5/2022 at 1:36 AM, Phi for All said:

Employment can be with a private company that pays a fraction of the worth of a good or service to its workers, or it can be through social cooperatives where each worker is paid closer to the actual value, and the owner is compensated fairly for providing resources. Employment can also be through the state, where goods and services are distributed and performed to all who want to deal. In this case, the emphasis is on making sure people have good products and services, and no emphasis is placed on falsely marking up the value as profit. Capitalism, socialism, and communism ALL use employment, so your distinctions need to be further defined. 

Capitalists don't have an obligation to serve society as that's for the government to do. And the misconception is that conservative politicians represent capitalism when in fact they use those particular ideological enterprises for their own political advancement. That is businesses big or small aren't necessarily happy with conservative politicians.  We think there is a lot of collusion when there is not.  And as an American you can hardly make a strong argument for those other systems when your own country is the wealthiest on earth. 

And CEOs make 200x (or more) than the rank-and-file workers. Wealth disparity is worse than it was a few decades ago

In 2021, the top 10 percent of Americans held nearly 70 percent of U.S. wealth, up from about 61 percent at the end of 1989

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/us-inequality-debate

So we are wealthier now, but wealth has not been redistributed 

Canada has a housing crisis resulting in increased housing costs. There are two way to deal with that situation in as it effects workers and others on lower incomes. And one is to raise wages, which unnecessarily impacts on all other products and services whose prices don't effect negatively the standard of living. The second method is to confront the problem and simply force housing prices down, a not too hard thing to do in a country as big as Canada is and with its relatively small population. 

Force the prices down? With a magic wand?

Males are presently the most disadvantaged group in society and that's regardless of age

You were asked to back this up. All you’ve done is repeat the claim.

Others have addressed most of the other points. All you’ve done is make stuff up. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billings (though something similar is attributed to Mark Twain)

"It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so."

And that’s you: you “know” stuff but don’t/can’t show that it’s factual. 

2 hours ago, Greg A. said:

If I don't believe I'm wrong then I've got no choice other than to believe it is my adversaries that are wrong. 

You have to wipe away your biases, in order to see clearly; it's how philosophy and science works.

Imagine you're dependent on a handout, to eat a loaf of bread; your bias would see people like you as the enemy.

But your a hard working person and you can, just about, afford to stuff your loaf with baloney; your bias should see the foie gras eating boss as the enemy, not because they're eating better than you (they're not) but because they're willing to stuff a duck with more than it can eat, while watching people like us struggle to eat enough, and between mouthfuls persuading people like you too see the dependents as the enemy.

Are you really that gullible?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:44 AM, Phi for All said:

So you think white males are discriminated against under the law?! Again, I'm going to look at some studies that have actual numbers so you can stop waving your hands. Did you know that, if you take a sample of 100,000 white people in the US, 450 of them are in prison? A sample of 100,000 indigenous  people (native American or Alaskan native) shows that 1291 are in prison. Out of 100,000 black people, 2306 are in prison. Source: https://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/raceinc.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw3K2XBhAzEiwAmmgrAqX1ByZOv00NNSKl-1_yiUB7xdgvJ1rfsxrzRPuaZHsns98Bq0lWnBoCz0oQAvD_BwE

It's not the law that has failed these people it's a system of government that doesn't allow those with the solutions to have any effect, or if they do not the time to carry them out. 

I can remember back in the eighties my older brother remarking that funding for breast cancer was a priority while that for prostate cancer was pretty much ignored. He wasn't complaining just pointing to the discrepancy, that's with implied political overtones. 

It's part of our nature to put women and children first, ignoring male deaths in battle for example. Preventing domestic violence a priority because it effects women while the death count from violence overall impacts males far greater at around 4:1.  

Marriage breakups favor women. The education system now favors girls over boys. Employers are favoring females over males in employment. 

Yeah, the US has nothing like that kind of Left. Remember, liberals in the US like democracy.

Leftist revolutions have led to many dead. And as I'd pointed out democracy is a soft (Left) governing system  in relation to the hard (right) of a dictatorship. Then without pointing out what this implies, leave you to figure out of all systems which has by far the worst track record when it comes to spilling blood. 

Since the civil war was all about kidnapping and enslaving black humans, are you in favor of bringing it back? Do you feel that the kidnap and enslavement of black people was justified by your Right?

It had little to do with slavery, everything to do with destroying white males. 

Voting age is certainly open for interpretation, but what's the deal with "not encouraged"? That sounds a LOT like you think some people aren't worthy to vote. Is that true?

If people are irresponsible then how could theyever vote responsibly. 

What?! I'm 65 this year, I've been shaping my worldview my whole life. I think about it with every thought. I don't view others as above or below me. We're all living side by side, we're all stronger side by side, and I think the uber wealthy have spent a LOT of money making sure you stay uneducated, uninformed, and pointing the finger at everybody but THEM.

It's more likely your life has shaped your worldview. Soft living leads to a soft outlook. For example if you had an identical twin brother adopted out at birth raised to be a farmer (a hard lifestyle) in the Bible Belt, then almost for sure that person would be Christian and a Republican supporter. 

And suppose you were a wealthy business owner yourself wouldn't it then make sense too that you had a lot of money in the bank. Let's see. If you keep money in your safe it will earn zero interest and instead lose value to rising prices. If you keep it in your bank on the other hand it will earn around 5%. which isn't all too bad. So if your profit were $10M per year and you had been in business for 5 years, how much then would you expect your bank balance to be. Say, 45M or 40M at least?  No. Why, because if your business had made you that amount of money and in only 5 years you would hardly be putting it in any bank that pays that small amount of interest and instead put it back into your enterprise, that's while drawing money from the bank to reinvest leaving your actual bank balance in the red. The point I'm making is that it's a misconception that the wealthy have a lot of money. And in fact that their actual wealth is really only a virtual thing anyhow. It's impossible for them to cash in their chips because the share value would crash and this free money would need to eventually fill the void left over, causing inflation. Instead you maintain your business, employ people provide products or services as your contribution to the economy. Want more? The richest person in my country would weigh around, I'm guessing, 180lbs. Where as myself, one of my nations poorest, weighs over 300lbs, who then out of the two of us should redistribute food? And with that comparison I seen no reason why this person should consume any more of any other resource than myself. Yet the Left still perpetuate these myths in their propaganda.  

I've seen wages decouple from productivity, forcing average people to work two jobs to make ends meet. I've watched medical insurance go from being actuarial based and affordable to this horrorshow worldwide laughingstock we call managed healthcare. I was born an Eisenhower Republican, and I first voted after the Nixon years. I embraced the Democrats until Bernie Sanders came along, and now I'm an Independent. I don't know why you think you know my life well enough to presume what I think, but so far you've been wrong on every count. Perhaps you should read what I write, and reason it out for yourself? You have a great many prejudices, my friend.

If imbalances come about it's because something is wrong with an economy but not capitalism itself as it is not in charge instead the people 'we' elect are. 

And why I'm right when I believe that most forums are occupied by liberals is because to be 'educated' and  be sitting in front of a computer both require a comfortable lifestyle which then shapes perceptions to a degree. This making it easier to shift from a relatively conservative upbringing to having a more liberal outlook. The shift from left to right much more difficult though.

So maybe you aren't a Christian Nationalist? 

I'm not religious. Haven't rejected any though just have never had any of the stuff. That said don't get me wrong, religion I believe is an important survival enhancement mechanism. 

What form of government would you prefer to democracy, and why?

For whatever reason I've always been aware that democracy pertains to the election process only. Early democrats maybe could see the danger of letting the people make decisions directly in the form of initiatives and referendums and that it was better to let legislation be made by a more educated elite those decided by elections. 

Thanks very much for the replies btw, this feels much more like a good-faith discussion. I look forward to more substance and meaningfulness.

It could be that probabilities are not as immovable as I'd thought and have an inertia instead.

Your childhood conservatism is reaching out to you again maybe too.