Why can't the philosophy of science be: Do what the aliens do.

Glancer

39 minutes ago, Glancer said:

What an odd thing to say. 

Really? Do you think we get to tell nature how it works? 

You don't know where physics constants come from. 

I’m sure they aren’t things we can just decide on, independent of comparing with experiment (i.e. nature)

We can’t decide that pi=3 and think that our calculations will work.

You also haven't noticed that a wave function solution to Schrodinger's equation is the heart of quantum mechanics in the sense that: you will solve for it mathematically for every standard model particle.  If that is true, then the wave function would be a good place to put the physics constants, to cover the most ground. 

How do you know what I’ve noticed? I’ve only commented on a few of your musings.

Without physics constants, physics of our universe can't be expressed.  So you have to put it somewhere that is most common, so that everything in the physical universe has access to physics constants and can be expressed.  Does that make sense to you?

It makes sense to put physical constants in equations that require them. Which is what we do.

Are you not aware of this?

Well, a science consultant can hardly be expected to see the underlying pattern in real physics.  But there is one. 

You’re moving the goalposts here.Star Trek is fiction. It’s entertainment. They make stuff up. No obligation to investigate underlying patterns. 

What's wrong with string theory and loop quantum gravity is that they don't have big bang expansion and the Hubble equation (Hubble expansion) built into them without resorting to dubious hand-waving.  So in my model, I made "expansion at the speed of light" a fundamental characteristic of the building blocks of spacetime.  In doing so, the invariance of the speed of light for all observers is more natural.

That’s for your other thread. I thought this was about aliens. The evidence for which is…a video from the history channel?

Just now, joigus said:

You really need to up your game.

There is definite proof that kangaroos exist.

There is not even a clue that intelligent civilisations from another planet are visiting us.

Are you familiar with the concept of a straw-man argument?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Now don't get me wrong.  Advanced aliens don't land on the Whitehouse lawn.  Just like my kangaroo argument, aliens aren't everywhere and commonly observable.  When they do visit people (and possibly abduct), they use a lot of telepathic mind altering technology so that non believers have something to buttress their argument. 

The problem you have is that you are not interested in learning anything new.  If you were, I would show you all kinds of interesting stuff.  Personally, I think it's fascinating that UFO are spotted and correlated with significant GPS errors.  But close minded people don't want to talk about how the length contraction effects of a warp drive can interfere with GPS signals. 

So, I'm snowed under with work.  TTFN.

3 minutes ago, swansont said:

Really? Do you think we get to tell nature how it works? 

Do you know what the beauty of being wrong is?  Nature has to correct us.  If I am wrong about the physics constants being stored in Expanding Gravitons, then nature will correct me.  If nature has to correct me, then we learn something new.  Nobody else has ever asked this question nor dared to suggest it. 

6 minutes ago, swansont said:

How do you know what I’ve noticed? I’ve only commented on a few of your musings.

I just assume that most people I talk to are cynical in the most blind and unenlightened way possible.  :)

8 minutes ago, swansont said:

It makes sense to put physical constants in equations that require them. Which is what we do.

Are you not aware of this?

Just because an equation can be written down, doesn't mean it exists physically.  For example, here is an equation for two Lego people falling in love.  F = kLL'/r^2.  Now I am holding two Lego people close to each other.  Why don't they fall in love? It's because physics constants have to exist in the real world for an equation to mean something. 

12 minutes ago, swansont said:

That’s for your other thread. I thought this was about aliens.

The Skinwalker ranch is the most real phenomena we have encountered, and is being studied by Travis Trenton, a NASA astrophysicist with 4 PhDs.  The American government is paying close attention to his work. 

If there was a chance that a real phenomena was active, wouldn't you be the least bit curious?  That's what I don't understand.  Unless you're afraid. What a silly thought!  You're not afraid of anything!

23 minutes ago, Glancer said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Oh. Is that for my benefit? Thank you. The straw man argument is even discussed in the guidelines of these forums. You may want to have a look at those.

24 minutes ago, Glancer said:

Now don't get me wrong.  Advanced aliens don't land on the Whitehouse lawn. 

Thanks for the news update.

26 minutes ago, Glancer said:

When they do visit people (and possibly abduct), they use a lot of telepathic mind altering technology so that non believers have something to buttress their argument. 

Do they punch people in the face too? Maybe kangaroos are behind it.

Here's another idiom that you may be interested in: jumping to conclusions. Other names for the fallacy that's operating behind it are "just so" stories, ad hoc arguments or associative logic. From Google:

Associative logic means we put things together in surprising and unexpected ways to solve dilemmas, address challenges and open up new horizons. It is typically defined, for business purposes, as a process “involved in discerning and applying connections between unrelated or distantly related concepts.”Jul 12, 2017

Carl Sagan has a beatiful example in his book (and TV series) Cosmos of how even scientists in a not to remote past used similar arguments to surmise that Venus must be populated by dinosaurs. The logical fallacies are plain to see for anybody who's familiar with logical fallacies.

Humans have been inventing outlandish explanations for unexplained phenomena for at least 11'000 years. It's all a recurring theme: Beings from another level of existence visit us and affect our lives.

I'm not saying that there aren't phenomena that cannot be explained by current science. There are.

I'm not even gonna touch your argument about parallel universes.

Back to you.

2 hours ago, Glancer said:

What's wrong with string theory and loop quantum gravity is that they don't have big bang expansion and the Hubble equation (Hubble expansion) built into them without resorting to dubious hand-waving. 

Can't really comment on how string theory treats the Big Bang, but LQG does make predictions that the Big Bang is actually a 'Big Bounce' from a previous inflationary/collapsing phase. You can google that.

What you can't google is the simplistic view of LQG as a box of Cheerios, and the incredulity that that box of Cheerios can expand.

So, again, we have observational evidence and a workable model.
You have a box of Cheerios, and ... ???
( hopefully, some milk )

3 hours ago, Glancer said:

The Skinwalker ranch is the most real phenomena we have encountered, and is being studied by Travis Trenton, a NASA astrophysicist with 4 PhDs.  The American government is paying close attention to his work. 

If there was a chance that a real phenomena was active, wouldn't you be the least bit curious?  That's what I don't understand.  Unless you're afraid. What a silly thought!  You're not afraid of anything!

The only Travis Trenton I can find is some kind of marketing manager with T-Mobile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentontravis?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F 

Is that who you mean?

Edited by exchemist

I think he's seen the movie about this place...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch

According to skeptical author Robert Sheaffer, "the 'phenomenon' at Skinwalker is almost certainly illusory. Not only was the several years long monitoring of 'Skinwalker' by NIDS unable to obtain proof of anything unusual happening, but also, the people who owned the property prior to the Shermans, a family whose members lived there 60 years, deny that any mysterious 'phenomena' of any kind occurred there". Sheaffer says "the parsimonious explanation is that the supernatural claims about the ranch were made up by the Sherman family prior to selling it to the gullible Bigelow". Sheaffer wrote that many of the more extraordinary claims originated solely from Terry Sherman, who worked as a caretaker after the ranch was sold to Bigelow.[10]

In 1996, skeptic James Randi awarded Bigelow a Pigasus Award for funding the purchase of the ranch and for supporting John E. Mack's and Budd Hopkins' investigations. The award category designated Bigelow as "the funding organization that supported the most useless study of a supernatural, paranormal or occult".[11]

Travis Taylor, who has a series on the History Channel concerning the Skinwalker Ranch, is apparently who he means by "Travis Trenton," so I think that helps evaluate the overall precision and attention to detail we're getting from the fittingly named Glancer.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/authors/Travis-S-Taylor/575640599

Edited by TheVat
Typo

50 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Travis Taylor, who has a series on the History Channel concerning the Skinwalker Ranch, is apparently who he means by "Travis Trenton," so I think that helps evaluate the overall precision and attention to detail we're getting from the fittingly named Glancer.

Who has two PhDs, not four

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_S._Taylor

9 hours ago, joigus said:

Do they punch people in the face too? Maybe kangaroos are behind it.

LOL!!! 

9 hours ago, joigus said:

Here's another idiom that you may be interested in: jumping to conclusions. Other names for the fallacy that's operating behind it are "just so" stories, ad hoc arguments or associative logic. From Google:

Well I suppose you would prefer or more mundane explanation, but when rockets are fired into the air and then UFOs show up, what would be your first guess? 

10 hours ago, joigus said:

Carl Sagan has a beatiful example in his book (and TV series) Cosmos of how even scientists in a not to remote past used similar arguments to surmise that Venus must be populated by dinosaurs. The logical fallacies are plain to see for anybody who's familiar with logical fallacies.

Humans have been inventing outlandish explanations for unexplained phenomena for at least 11'000 years. It's all a recurring theme: Beings from another level of existence visit us and affect our lives.

I'm not saying that there aren't phenomena that cannot be explained by current science. There are.

I'm not even gonna touch your argument about parallel universes.

Back to you.

Yeah!  There is actually more evidence of aliens and spaceships then there is of parallel universes.  I still don't really understand the Many World Interpretation argument.  I think it's trolling, like the next level of flat earth nonsense.  But seriously, there is more evidence of UFO crafts being caught on radar, infrared, visual, pilot eyes on recognition, etc.  No evidence to support the premise that it's the Russians. 

4 hours ago, swansont said:

B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Auburn University in 1991.

MS in Physics in 1994 from University of Alabama, Huntsville.

Ph.D. in Engineering and Optical Science 1999 from University of Alabama, Huntsville.

MSE in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in 2001

MS in Astronomy in 2004 at the University of Western Sydney

Second Ph.D. from University of Alabama, Huntsville in Aerospace Systems Engineering in 2012.

7 hours ago, exchemist said:

The only Travis Trenton I can find is some kind of marketing manager with T-Mobile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentontravis?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F 

Is that who you mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_S._Taylor

5 hours ago, TheVat said:

Prolific science fiction writer.

The title of the thread is:  Why can't the philosophy of science be: Do what the aliens do.

I think the answer is that, you don't know how.  So let's do examples.

Example 1:  Strange phenomena is occurring at location X.  Back story dates back to native Americans.

Misguided Physics Community:  ignore it.  Call it woo.  Call everyone involved delusional.  Buy Sean Carroll's book:  how to make money swindling physicists.

Aliens: Investigate strange phenomena.  Perform experiments.  Gather data.  Tell everyone in the community who will listen about what you saw!

Example 2:  Aliens try to make peaceful contact with humans by making their presense known through culture and a little bit of UFO movement.

Misguided Physics Community: Ignore it.  Look at anyone who talks about it with great suspicion.  Blame the Christians.

Aliens: Pick up the phone.  Try to act normal.

Example 3:  Communicate in non threatening ways like, promote a meditation movement.  Promote a religion that believes in aliens.  Preach peace and tolerance.

Misguided Physics Community:  Assumes the worst:  tentacles with giant mouths they scream "we're gonna eat you!!!".

Aliens:  Assumes their intentions based on how friendly, persistent, low stress meditated,... this must mean that we should call upon them for a meeting.

Example 4:  Start to think about what the aliens want.

Misguided Physics Community:  Assume that the woo is out to get us!!!  Run around screaming "it doesn't exist!!!".  Try to jump into glowing green light and act like you're Rick and Morty.  Do anything completely un-called for; like you're panicking.

Aliens:  They must be here to give us their technology and love humanity.  Treat all life with love,care,concern, and someday it will treat you with love, care and concern.

Example 5:  Actual message from the aliens:  The Age of Aquarius is upon you.  Like a mighty dog from another planet, the Aquarius age bites you on the butt, like a friendly happy alien dog that wants to receieve what we put out.  If you want love, you gotta put out love.  Even to the other planets.  Because what fun is life if you can't fly to Earth, abduct a few for "scientific" sex experiments.  ... is this what aliens really think?

Misguided Physics Community:  AHHH!  Kill the woo!  Kill the woo!

Aliens:  Not sure you wanna make friends with aliens who abduct your women... and men... for "scientific" research.

Ever see a grey alien with makeup?  As you'd imagine, it's pretty weird!

Aliens say:  ALL HAIL THE HUMAN PHYSICS COMMUNITY!!!  YOU MAKE OUR CAMMOUFLAGE SECURITY PROGRAM VERY PROFITABLE.  WE CALL IT THE:  DON'T GET THE HUMAN'S ATTENTION, Security system.  It's designed to keep out the stupid.  It works so well, we should give the Human Physicis community a bonus check.  We aliens cannot understand how you physics community humans can be so...  um....  like you should roll everything that's been published back to General Relativity, particle physics...  the aliens are now telling me that superstrings and loop quantum gravity <thumbs down> .  But anything that looks like warp drives, pay attention to it.

Anything that you pay attention should be worth paying attention to.  That does not mean you should that American Values are up for targeting.  We like the United States.  It has given many people their rights.  Soldiers have died to make you safe.  Think of second amendment freedoms as a sign that good things are worth defending.

Aliens want the human physics community to know that if you are forced to be "atheists", that you should stand together as a force to be reckoned with. 

Whether you are on the side of religion or you are off the map, is your choice.  I'm just saying that the aliens think that humans who are atheists should should keep their opnion to themselves.

If we wanted your opinion, we wouldn't bother giving you one.

Did you know that the aliens know the answer to your problems.  We just can't tell you.  *wink* you're supposed to figure it out on your own. *wink*  Like SMILE!  HI!  Do you get it?  Wink!  But you wouldn't believe us if we just told you that we want to see humans happy, and not so missile oriented.  :)

Seriously, and if you could just be happy, with each other, like a good neighbor, and no threaten us with your pointy megakill pointy things.

And yes, God does exist.  He's my great unkcle, high up about a bazillion decedants.  God loves you.  Please don't blow up the Earth, that's where we put our "special" plants.

Alien tells me "hope they believe all the data about quantum gravity and warp drives" is enough to convince them they should listen to what you say, even wheth the fingers are just typing...

Aliesn are using my fingers now.  I'm just watching them type something about:  if it's dark and brown in your immediate surounding, it means your head is up your ...  Go outside and look at the geometry of the UFOs.  We are geometry revealing ourselves to you.  But do both of you have physical form?  Mmmm...  Okay, that part was just some women's DNA about how to survive the species of "men".

Make us love the human species and we will give you more babies.>>> Cynics want to see more flashy flashy UFO thingies.  Cynics want real physical evidence.  You know, the kind you really like... Please don't ban me!!!  I am not in control of my fingers! 

I need to ask.  Do cynics like cynicism?  Or are you just tired of being told:  it's your fault.

I really need to know.  Is your complete and total daftness an act?  Or are you playing around? I mean, you're smarter than ...  I keep breaking my antenna everytime I try to think like them. 

Thinking like a skeptic is like to trying to think... how stupid are these people... that we have to give them so many clues, but they act like their afraid of them.

Every time someone gives a skeptic a clue, they jump!  And act like someone bit them in the ass!

Like a giant cosmic don't from space!  Like it's going to eat you and see if you taste good.  Maybe better than a cow.

The question is, do aliens know enough about skeptics to get them to laugh.  I mean, what does it take to convince a human, that you and I should meet.

if the aliens come down in a craft, and the skeptic is just standing there, should we yell!  Hey you!

Sorry to bother you,  We're the aliens.  Don't shoot at us.  We just want to know if you'd like to hang out and be friends.  Maybe have a BBQ, drink bear, complain about how Alpha Centuries Ms. Beauty queen is a fat ass with 8 giant tentacles that suck.

But not like the queen of the alpha sector whose face looks like something the dog spit out.

EDITED OUT FOR YOUR SAFETY

Do you ever wonder if ants think about the cosmos?  Or do they just wander off into illusions of romance with that Borg queen!  EW!

EDITED OUT FOR YOUR SAFETY.  NOT ANOTHER CRITICISM ABOUT YOUR INTELLIGENCE. 

Do aliens make fun of human's ability to describe the theoretical universe..

Humans do "yo mama jokes"

Do aliens make "yo human jokes"?

Aliens answer:  only the tasty ones.

If you don't laugh, we'll invade your planet.

Yes, I am quite sure if I made any funnier jokes, I'd be banned for trying to think.

I think the jokes are funny.  I just don't think they're funny.  Or maybe funny in strange ways.   Do theykil comedians on Earth?

There are two ways to get stoned on Earth.  One is for doing something illegal.

I will try to make only safe jokes now.

Did you hear about the safe that ran away?  It's safe now. 

The aliens want to know why so much of our entertainment is violent.  Why would we want to watch the news too. 

The answer is:  humans don't have much of a selection in entertainment,...  On another random thought:  human physicists are doing great at their jobs!  Now they have 50 million versions of super string theory.  Maybe humans should be reclassified at cats, cause they like balls of yarn.

ANSWER DELETED.

No, I don't think Earth should be blown up because of the theoretical physics community.  No I don't think it's an act of kindness.

Maybe theoretical physicists are just 180 deg out of phase, and drifted into the Astral plane.

Do atheists sleep?  Clearly they do.

Under coconut trees, where the complaints  do not go.

Complain to a theorist, and soon you will see,

they don't care that you whine and you cry,

like some spoiled kid with a desire to conversate...,

Aliens have said that they have studied human intelligence, the smartest of your speicies: THE theorecical physicists.

No.  The aliens don't think you should be destroyed or disintigrated for our entertainment.  Can you sing?  We get bored easily.

Aliens are not thinking about dropping an asteroid on you.  We would never thing such a terrible thing.  No I'm not lying.

No!  I don't know if atheists think their thoughts smell like farts.  Well, have you met Richard Dawkins?  He doesn't believe in you either. 

Just remember.  If you're reading this now, it's probably early morning, and you're just dreaming that you're reading this.

Of course aliens don't like to humans.  Their eyes are too big.

EDITED OUT.

Do aliens think that human theorists theory are stupid?  Never would we be that impolite.  We would just smile politely.  Like someone *toot*

EDITED FOR YOUR SAFETY

What would happen if all atheists and skeptics abandoned their disbelief in everything.  And their were really pretty girls, and glitter. 

The real truth was hidden by a secret.  Atheists and skeptics are slowing us down.  It's like having sand in your axle, it grinds you down with stupid meaningless concerns about woo.  No, I've never wondered if skeptics, atheists and physics theorists should be demoted back down to gorilla, as if it was an improvement.  No, I don't know where they keep their brains.

Edited by Glancer

Okay, we'll make fun of someone else.  How about urangtaings?  They put their finger <edited out for your safety>.

They aliens say they take full responsibility for anthing that I've said that the moderator might not like.  I mean, anyone who looks like a mean tyranical wizard can't be too <edited to... he's o kay.>

No, if a joke came through, no I don't know which way swansnot would run.  Yes, I checked the spelling.

What if aliens looked like delicious icecream cones?  Would we eat them?  What if aliens looked cheese cake?  Or delcious cookies!  Mmmmm!!!! Would you eat us? 

Aliens wonder how much glitter we should throw on the skeptics before they believe in us?  No you can't see my proof.  Take me out for dinner if you want to see that.!

Me as a human, I pity humanity that they have so many idiots with a microphone <edited>  ... 

In a no tech zone, who would eat who first?  The alien?  Or the human?

How moral do humans want aliens to be?  I mean, you do eat cows, and we try to carve them up the way we think you like your meat.  You call it cattle mutilations.  That's not a charitable thing to say about the lunch we brought you.

Your cow was the only cow we had to mutilate prepare for a great feast.

I thought I should remind everyone why we should look to the aliens as our superiors.  They are us with lots of glitter.  Except the creepy ones

If I had to imagine what aliens thought of us

Nuckle bump deployed.  Aliens say to treat skeptics and theorists like someone who tripped over their rake and thought they saw quantum gravity.

Can anyone figure out how we could make the world better?  I mean, we could pray to our Gods and ask them to be less demanding.  Jesus is like, "you haven't heard from me since the age of Judah.  How can I praise you if you don't deserve it. if only you would try to consider both sides, the way a scale decides.  You can't just choose what you personally want to happen.

Tell me that there is still some part of your human consciousness that is still receptive to dazzle!  I will send you some glitter!  It will be real.  Every atom was real.

Does GOD have absolute time.  The answer is, only applicable to creation, the one you live in.  Your speed of light c is absolute, what can change is length contract and time dilation. 

No, I don't think theoreticians would understand if GOD himself tried to explain how he set it up.  I am 100% certain that 50% of them would take no notice. The other 50% would complain about how life is less fun since we left the trees and the bananas behind.

The Higher alien races send humanity love and light, with lots of woo on top. 

Edited by Glancer

1 hour ago, Glancer said:

Well I suppose you would prefer or more mundane explanation, but when rockets are fired into the air and then UFOs show up, what would be your first guess? 

Human interest:

The human potential to imagine, to invent, fill in the missing details, and propagate false belief plays out in many different ways. But generally there is a big human motivation behind all these stories. I've seen this craze go on and off for many years now. I'm a child of the sixties. The amount of books, films, magazines etc sold is a factor that shouldn't be taken lightly.

How the brain works:

There are rigorous scientific studies that go to prove that our memory does not work at all like a video camera, which is what our intuition tells us. Our memory edits these impressions in the hippocampus and makes up a story according to different "interests" that may be convenient to different purposes or internal needs.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140204185651.htm#:~:text="Your memory reframes and edits,editor and special effects team.

People even talk to each other and "reconfigure" their impressions, correcting them with "data" from other witnesses into a narrative that they feel must have been "what really happened." See next point.

Collective memory:

Think about this: Many people in the past believed in centaurs, fairies, angels, leprechauns, giants, dragons etc.

And now consider this example (with a possible explanation):

Accounts of centaurs, IMO, probably had their origin several thousand years BCE from real facts, when the first peoples to domesticate horses swept across the Eurasian steppe in East-West direction. The first agriculturalists who saw this must have been terrified by these warriors (the Yamnaya), and haunted by visions of horses whose business end was a human torso with an axe in one hand. They had no previous experience of anything like that.

The first accounts probably included some phrasing like "half horse, half human."

By the time all peoples of Europe are used to the sight of warriors riding horses, they understand what they see now, but the initial story of these hybrid creatures already has a life of its own. You can now re-edit the story --socially-- and make these centaurs benefactors of the human kind, spreading good will; or you can turn them into demons, or whatever the wishful thinking of the times takes them to be.

Reason and evidence are paramount. You cannot build objective knowledge only from witness accounts.

46 minutes ago, Glancer said:

Okay, we'll make fun of someone else.  How about urangtaings?  They put their finger <edited out for your safety>.

They aliens say they take full responsibility for anthing that I've said that the moderator might not like.  I mean, anyone who looks like a mean tyranical wizard can't be too <edited to... he's o kay.>

No, if a joke came through, no I don't know which way swansnot would run.  Yes, I checked the spelling.

What if aliens looked like delicious icecream cones?  Would we eat them?  What if aliens looked cheese cake?  Or delcious cookies!  Mmmmm!!!! Would you eat us? 

Aliens wonder how much glitter we should throw on the skeptics before they believe in us?  No you can't see my proof.  Take me out for dinner if you want to see that.!

Me as a human, I pity humanity that they have so many idiots with a microphone <edited>  ... 

In a no tech zone, who would eat who first?  The alien?  Or the human?

How moral do humans want aliens to be?  I mean, you do eat cows, and we try to carve them up the way we think you like your meat.  You call it cattle mutilations.  That's not a charitable thing to say about the lunch we brought you.

Your cow was the only cow we had to mutilate prepare for a great feast.

I thought I should remind everyone why we should look to the aliens as our superiors.  They are us with lots of glitter.  Except the creepy ones

If I had to imagine what aliens thought of us

Nuckle bump deployed.  Aliens say to treat skeptics and theorists like someone who tripped over their rake and thought they saw quantum gravity.

Can anyone figure out how we could make the world better?  I mean, we could pray to our Gods and ask them to be less demanding.  Jesus is like, "you haven't heard from me since the age of Judah.  How can I praise you if you don't deserve it. if only you would try to consider both sides, the way a scale decides.  You can't just choose what you personally want to happen.

Tell me that there is still some part of your human consciousness that is still receptive to dazzle!  I will send you some glitter!  It will be real.  Every atom was real.

Does GOD have absolute time.  The answer is, only applicable to creation, the one you live in.  Your speed of light c is absolute, what can change is length contract and time dilation. 

No, I don't think theoreticians would understand if GOD himself tried to explain how he set it up.  I am 100% certain that 50% of them would take no notice. The other 50% would complain about how life is less fun since we left the trees and the bananas behind.

The Higher alien races send humanity love and light, with lots of woo on top. 

So she went into the garden to cut a cabbage leaf, to make an apple pie; and at the same time a great she-bear coming up the street, pops its head into the shop. 'What! no soap?' So he died, and she very imprudently married the barber; and there were present the Picninnies, and the Joblillies, and the Garyulies, and the grand Panjandrum himself, with the little round button at top; and they all fell to playing the game of catch as catch can, till the gunpowder ran out at the heels of their boots.

34 minutes ago, joigus said:

Human interest:

The human potential to imagine, to invent, fill in the missing details, and propagate false belief plays out in many different ways. But generally there is a big human motivation behind all these stories. I've seen this craze go on and off for many years now. I'm a child of the sixties. The amount of books, films, magazines etc sold is a factor that shouldn't be taken lightly.

How the brain works:

There are rigorous scientific studies that go to prove that our memory does not work at all like a video camera, which is what our intuition tells us. Our memory edits these impressions in the hippocampus and makes up a story according to different "interests" that may be convenient to different purposes or internal needs.

You lost my interest when the gaslighting started. 

30 minutes ago, exchemist said:

So she went into the garden to cut a cabbage leaf, to make an apple pie; and at the same time a great she-bear coming up the street, pops its head into the shop. 'What! no soap?' So he died, and she very imprudently married the barber; and there were present the Picninnies, and the Joblillies, and the Garyulies, and the grand Panjandrum himself, with the little round button at top; and they all fell to playing the game of catch as catch can, till the gunpowder ran out at the heels of their boots.

Where is the funny part.  It doesn't even look like you tried to insert anything funny.  Do you act stupid to entertain yourself?

43 minutes ago, exchemist said:

You have hurt feelings all over where your humor is supposed to be.  May you find a joke so funny, that it beaks off all of the hurt feelings.

11 hours ago, TheVat said:

According to skeptical author Robert Sheaffer, "the 'phenomenon' at Skinwalker is almost certainly illusory. Not only was the several years long monitoring of 'Skinwalker' by NIDS unable to obtain proof of anything unusual happening, but also, the people who owned the property prior to the Shermans, a family whose members lived there 60 years, deny that any mysterious 'phenomena' of any kind occurred there". Sheaffer says "the parsimonious explanation is that the supernatural claims about the ranch were made up by the Sherman family prior to selling it to the gullible Bigelow". Sheaffer wrote that many of the more extraordinary claims originated solely from Terry Sherman, who worked as a caretaker after the ranch was sold to Bigelow.[10]

In 1996, skeptic James Randi awarded Bigelow a Pigasus Award for funding the purchase of the ranch and for supporting John E. Mack's and Budd Hopkins' investigations. The award category designated Bigelow as "the funding organization that supported the most useless study of a supernatural, paranormal or occult".[11]

This doesn't look anything like reliable evidence.  This looks like a character assassination against someone who you don't like or agree with. 

1 hour ago, joigus said:

Accounts of centaurs, IMO, probably had their origin several thousand years BCE from real facts, when the first peoples to domesticate horses swept across the Eurasian steppe in East-West direction. The first agriculturalists who saw this must have been terrified by these warriors (the Yamnaya), and haunted by visions of horses whose business end was a human torso with an axe in one hand. They had no previous experience of anything like that.

The first accounts probably included some phrasing like "half horse, half human."

By the time all peoples of Europe are used to the sight of warriors riding horses, they understand what they see now, but the initial story of these hybrid creatures already has a life of its own. You can now re-edit the story --socially-- and make these centaurs benefactors of the human kind, spreading good will; or you can turn them into demons, or whatever the wishful thinking of the times takes them to be.

Reason and evidence are paramount. You cannot build objective knowledge only from witness accounts.

It's all your opinion and not worth two pounds of bologna.

Edited by Glancer

7 hours ago, Glancer said:

Yes, two PhDs. Glad you agree.

8 hours ago, Glancer said:

It's all your opinion and not worth two pounds of bologna.

!

Moderator Note

Please don't EVER stink up this site with garbage like this again. You've shown us you can't force yourself to make sense or be civil, so you should contain your postings to mainstream science or nothing at all.