Dissolving citric acid in water

Alfred001

I want to dissolve either 3 or 4g of citric acid in 100 or 200 ml of water. Now, I'm totally illiterate when it comes to chemistry, so I'm wondering, is there something in particular I need to do beyond just dumping the citric acid into a container of water? Will it just dissolve at room temperature in tap water?

Also, how long will it take for it to dissolve, is it instant or do I need to wait a period of time?

Just now, chenbeier said:

It is like other compounds, it takes time to dissolve. Help will be stirring, shaking and heat up to warmer temperature.

Would stirring and shaking at room temperature be sufficient?

25 minutes ago, Alfred001 said:

And when you say it takes time to dissolve, is it like a matter of seconds or more of a longer time frame?

What's wrong with you? In the time you have spent asking about this perfectly simple procedure, you could have already done it several times over. Just tip it in and stir it up. Use a glass container, so you see when all the crystals have disappeared from the bottom. 

5 minutes ago, exchemist said:

What's wrong with you? In the time you have spent asking about this perfectly simple procedure, you could have already done it several times over. Just tip it in and stir it up. Use a glass container, so you see when all the crystals have disappeared from the bottom. 

Because it's for a medical test, so I have to be sure it's done the right way. Thanks for the polite answer.