Why can`t one sense god?

Overkommer

Let`s say your`re a very sensitive person that picks up everything in your enviroment, but you never sensed that anything was made from him, or that you can sense him also, an higher being, I know a god can in theory, do anything he wants, even hide himself, I guess, but how is it really possible to hide himself that well and when you look at a rock, for example, it doesn`t look like it`s made by someone? How can someone make something and hide himself 100 %, there`s always a signature of you if you make something? I`m a nature-person myself and very sensitive, and I tried to look at rocks, for example, and see if it`s really is made by someone, but, I wouldn`t say things in nature looks dead exactly, but not like it`s made of someone ether..

3 hours ago, Overkommer said:

and when you look at a rock, for example, it doesn`t look like it`s made by someone?

No.

3 hours ago, Overkommer said:

How can someone make something and hide himself 100 %, there`s always a signature of you if you make something?

It could be that God doesn't want to be sensed, that would be easy for an omnipotent being.

It could be that God went some where else and is just not available right now.

It could be God doesn't exist.

6 hours ago, Overkommer said:

How can someone make something and hide himself 100 %

How many of the things you use every day do you know who made them?

They don't have to hide; they just have to blend into the background that doesn't interest you - like all the people who resurface your roads, unload the containers of retail goods, stock the shelves, swab the hospital floors. Have you ever even tried to read the name of the quality inspector who signed off on your box of teabags?

6 hours ago, Overkommer said:

I`m a nature-person myself and very sensitive, and I tried to look at rocks, for example, and see if it`s really is made by someone, but, I wouldn`t say things in nature looks dead exactly, but not like it`s made of someone ether..

That's because it's not 'made' at all. It happened, as a result a whole lot of previous events, with no intelligence behind them - just mindless, intractable, inescapable physics. 

12 hours ago, Overkommer said:

a god can in theory, do anything he wants, even hide himself, I guess, but how is it really possible to hide himself

If a god can do anything then there is no sense in trying to understand how it is possible. Because if a god can do anything then it/he/she can do the impossible. 

If god exists, then expecting to understand god is futile.

Rather than trying to understand something that is, for all intent, mythical, maybe we should spend our time trying to understand the universe around us and what we can do, if anything, that will make things better.  

16 hours ago, Overkommer said:

Let`s say your`re a very sensitive person that picks up everything in your enviroment, but you never sensed that anything was made from him, or that you can sense him also, an higher being, I know a god can in theory, do anything he wants, even hide himself, I guess, but how is it really possible to hide himself that well and when you look at a rock, for example, it doesn`t look like it`s made by someone? How can someone make something and hide himself 100 %, there`s always a signature of you if you make something? I`m a nature-person myself and very sensitive, and I tried to look at rocks, for example, and see if it`s really is made by someone, but, I wouldn`t say things in nature looks dead exactly, but not like it`s made of someone ether..

If you're sensitive to other people, perhaps you'll detect the benefits of a deity to them (God is made by people for people); God doesn't have to make a rock to achieve that.

Edited by dimreepr

Unobservable behavior requires faith to maintain belief in a god. Faith is immune to the senses, measurement, and reason, so it gives you no mechanisms for sensing a god. Faith should be strong enough on its own without evidence or reason. If you can't observe a god or its behavior directly but still want to believe, faith is fairly unassailable. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, Overkommer said:

How can someone make something and hide himself 100 %

If I was a character in a Video Game, I could look at the rocks you described and not 'sense' a Creator had made them. If I was then taught however, that a Programmer had created the Rock, and that said Programmer used Software Code, I would then have a sense of the Creator, correct?

The Christian Bible describes our Reality as being created by Software called 'The Word of God'...

Hebrews 11:3 - "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

According to the above verse, Physical Matter is made of something that is completely invisible to us. Again, that 'invisible thing' is called the Word of God. The movie 'The Matrix' uses Hebrews 11:3 as a basis for the movie's plot. In other words, everyone is living in a Simulation.

Atheists love to make fun of the 'Invisible Man in the Sky'. They have no idea in the world what they are even mocking.

You will notice the word 'Faith' in Hebrews 11:3. When I first began researching the Christian Bible, all I had to go on was Faith. Over time however, that Faith turned into Proof of God's existence. I no longer need Faith to believe. I have transcended that barrier. Most never even bother to try, so they view us Christians as 'ignorant'.

For example, if we keep going with the Simulation Hypothesis because we have Faith in it, we will eventually discover that what the Bible calls the 'Godhead', or as some would say, the 'Trinity', is none other than the generic construct of a typical Atom. Since we have Scientific proof of Atoms, we have Scientific proof of not only God, but the Software that generates our existence.

Here is a verse describing said...

Romans 1:20 - "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

Again, the 'Invisible Things of Him' is the Software called 'The Word of God' that generates the 'Things That are Made'. The verse then teaches that the word 'Godhead' is synonymous with Physical Matter. Long story short, the Godhead/Trinity is what Science calls Atoms.

Of course, it does not end there. The Holy Ghost is one component of the Godhead. The Bible describes the Holy Ghost as 'Power'...

Romans 15:13 - "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

We use that same word today to describe the flow of Electrons and the Force of Electromagnetism. It is that literal. The Holy Ghost is Electromagnetism. In fact, Electron Clouds look like 'Ghosts'...

mhp-0577.png.86564ef6ec7719325d6a641e1aa74555.png

If we keep following the evidence, we can eventually decipher cryptic passages such as those describing 'Ezekiel's Wheels'. Eventually, what ends up happening is that the knowledge of the Bible surpasses that of Man. We are then at a point where future Scientific discoveries are 'Prophesied' right before our very eyes.

A Nobel Prize awaits those that can best decipher the 'Codes'. 😉

Edited by Base12

49 minutes ago, iNow said:

More bloated vaporware… all sales, no prevails. 

Ironically, that is one of the biggest problems. This Universe has Leaven in it. Said Leaven has caused it to bloat and cause Entropy and Death...

Matthew 13:33 - "Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

I suspect the Leaven is the Higgs Boson, however I am not smart enough to prove it yet.

A 'New Heaven' and 'New Earth' upgrade is said to be available soon and will correct the current flawed programming.

9 hours ago, Base12 said:

We use that same word today to describe the flow of Electrons and the Force of Electromagnetism. It is that literal. The Holy Ghost is Electromagnetism. In fact, Electron Clouds look like 'Ghosts'...

I suspect the Leaven is the Higgs Boson, however I am not smart enough to prove it yet.

!

Moderator Note

When discussing religion please limit yourself to citing religious texts, and for science, mainstream science.

Asserting that "The Holy Ghost is Electromagnetism" crosses a line into speculation, which is is not appropriate for discussion in religion. And without some kind of theoretical and/or evidentiary support, would not be appropriate for our speculations section either.  

10 hours ago, Base12 said:

This Universe has Leaven in it. Said Leaven has caused it to bloat and cause Entropy and Death.

And kids also sometimes see unicorns and dragons in the clouds. Doesn't mean unicorns and dragons are going to fly down into my neighborhood and start pooping in my yard this evening. 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Doesn't mean unicorns and dragons are going to fly down into my neighborhood and start pooping in my yard this evening. 

Shame! I hear it makes excellent said leaven to bloat your garden produce.

Edited by Peterkin
accxidental split

12 hours ago, Base12 said:

A 'New Heaven' and 'New Earth' upgrade is said to be available soon and will correct the current flawed programming.

And the update after Leaven is probably "Twelve", right?

On 10/3/2022 at 4:58 AM, swansont said:

!

Moderator Note

When discussing religion please limit yourself to citing religious texts, and for science, mainstream science.

Asserting that "The Holy Ghost is Electromagnetism" crosses a line into speculation, which is is not appropriate for discussion in religion. And without some kind of theoretical and/or evidentiary support, would not be appropriate for our speculations section either.  

It is not 'speculation' and I proved it. I even followed the rules despite you and everyone else breaking them. The fact that you deleted my posts just goes to show how dishonest and quite frankly how cowardly you are. What a stain on the Scientific Community you turned out to be.

You really are an 'Evil Liar' like your motto says. I noticed you never go after those that violate the Forum Rules as long as the violations and insults are directed towards myself. That makes you are Hypocrite as well.

You should step down as Moderator or just close this subforum as it is obviously a Trigger to your Safe Space. Lol. and used only to unfairly attack anyone that would dare use the Scientific Method as I have to win the debate.

All the rest of you that support this behavior should be ashamed of yourselves. You are just as Evil as @swansont claims to be. No doubt you are all very Prideful of this fact, so enjoy it while it lasts. Although you folks do not realize it yet, all of this will come back to you in a very bad way. It always does.

I won the debate. You lost. Go ahead and ban me like the sore loser you are. How pathetic. Delete this post too if you are too Chicken to keep it. You big Cry Baby... lol what joke you are.

By the way, the rest of you post as if your I.Q. is below 83. I now have confirmation that it is as said. Not a single one of you could offer anything near a counterargument. Unbelievably unimpressive. I would suggest you 'men' out there have your mom buy you some more Tucking Underwear as you have no use for that part of your body anyhow. 🤣

Base12 Out.

38 minutes ago, Base12 said:

By the way, the rest of you post as if your I.Q. is below 83. I now have confirmation that it is as said. Not a single one of you could offer anything near a counterargument. Unbelievably unimpressive. I would suggest you 'men' out there have your mom buy you some more Tucking Underwear as you have no use for that part of your body anyhow. 🤣

I have to wonder about the 'christianity' of someone who claims to be a christian yet pours such invective on someone else who they believe has such a low IQ score.

Is that really the christian way ?

If so then count me out of it.

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

It is not 'speculation' and I proved it.

You need to learn what “proof” is (i.e. evidence) is in science.

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

I even followed the rules despite you and everyone else breaking them. The fact that you deleted my posts just goes to show how dishonest and quite frankly how cowardly you are. What a stain on the Scientific Community you turned out to be.

Your post was not deleted.

It was moved out of the thread because AS I TOLD YOU, religion, and not science, discussion belongs in a religion thread. They should not be mixed.

You ignored this. 

Having a hissy for your willful ignorance and non-compliance does not endear you to the staff.

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

You really are an 'Evil Liar' like your motto says. I noticed you never go after those that violate the Forum Rules as long as the violations and insults are directed towards myself. That makes you are Hypocrite as well.

Your powers of observation are suspect, especially considering your stay here dates back a whole three days, and 7 posts. Or have you been here before under a different user name?

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

You should step down as Moderator or just close this subforum as it is obviously a Trigger to your Safe Space. Lol. and used only to unfairly attack anyone that would dare use the Scientific Method as I have to win the debate.

The rules are pretty clear, as was my instruction to you. Were you confused by my moderator note?

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

All the rest of you that support this behavior should be ashamed of yourselves. You are just as Evil as @swansont claims to be. No doubt you are all very Prideful of this fact, so enjoy it while it lasts. Although you folks do not realize it yet, all of this will come back to you in a very bad way. It always does.

I won the debate. You lost.

A legend in your own mind

1 hour ago, Base12 said:

Go ahead and ban me like the sore loser you are. How pathetic. Delete this post too if you are too Chicken to keep it. You big Cry Baby... lol what joke you are.

Perhaps a fellow mod will do the honors. I think keeping you as the Dunning-Kruger poster child might be of some benefit.

14 hours ago, Base12 said:

It is not 'speculation' and I proved it.

Proving an idea to yourself does not prove it as mainstream. That's why there are things like peer reviews and objective criticism... as part of the scientific method, you know, gees...

Your posts started out reasonably ok, with you suggesting an idea that you have been working, good so far. Then it turned into a preaching session, now a slanging match. Not very scientific is it for a science forum?  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 11:53 PM, Overkommer said:

I am guessing you are thinking God is a physical being? Like a rock?

7 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I'm guessing that you're thinking that God is more than a concept?

Like a rock, can't... 😇

Let the person I asked the question answer it objectively rather than just making commentary on every post you come across.  :)