Consciousness

Jasper10

It is my opinion that autopilot consciousness cannot transition to manual consciousness and manual consciousness cannot transition to autopilot consciousness.

PRESENCE can though and does either in awareness or unawareness.

Edited by Jasper10

8 hours ago, Jasper10 said:

It is my opinion that autopilot consciousness cannot transition to manual consciousness and manual consciousness cannot transition to autopilot consciousness.

PRESENCE can though and does either in awareness or unawareness.

This is a science discussion forum. Your opinions are only worth so much. Is there anything about your concept that you can support using science? Something that elevates this above your opinion?

1 minute ago, Phi for All said:

This is a science discussion forum. Your opinions are only worth so much. Is there anything about your concept that you can support using science? Something that elevates this above your opinion?

I thought this was a general philosophy section of the forum? It is just my opinion and a conceptual idea based upon my personal experiences which may or may not be of use,hence why I commented in the general philosophy section.I could give more information to support my opinions but it’s to do with logic and I have been told not to, so I won’t.I don’t want to break the rules of the forum.

45 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

I could give more information to support my opinions but it’s to do with logic and I have been told not to, so I won’t.I don’t want to break the rules of the forum.

Philosophical logic, mathematical logic, or "This makes more sense to me" logic?

16 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Philosophical logic, mathematical logic, or "This makes more sense to me" logic?

Well as I am not allowed to share the philosophical and mathematical logic then on those 2 points its not up for discussion I would have thought.

So I can only give my own personal opinions in general concepts.

17 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

Well as I am not allowed to share the philosophical and mathematical logic then on those 2 points its not up for discussion I would have thought.

So I can only give my own personal opinions in general concepts.

If you would like to start a thread in Speculations in order to get feedback on your version of formal logic, you can do so, and it will stay open as long as you can defend it with a decent amount of rigor. But when you introduced it before, you were using it as if it made sense to anyone but you, and it got thrown in the Trash. 

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

If you would like to start a thread in Speculations in order to get feedback on your version of formal logic, you can do so, and it will stay open as long as you can defend it with a decent amount of rigor. But when you introduced it before, you were using it as if it made sense to anyone but you, and it got thrown in the Trash. 

I have not mentioned anything about logic in my threads  as it is not allowed so it is not up for discussion.How do you know it is speculation if I have not presented it?

Edited by Jasper10

5 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

I have not mentioned anything about logic in my threads

5 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

as it is not allowed so it is not up for discussion.

As I said before, your version of logic isn't mainstream, so you need to explain it before anyone can accept it. Not sure why you think formal logic isn't allowed here.

8 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

How do you know it is speculation if I have not presented it?

If it's anything like the posts in the Trash, you'll need to explain it and persuade us that it has meaning, and for that type of discussion we have the Speculations section.

34 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

I am not allowed to share the philosophical and mathematical logic

9 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

I have not mentioned anything about logic in my threads  as it is not allowed

You need to check your priors. Your premise is false. As comprehension is sometimes hard, I’ll simplify:

When making claims about how the nature behaves, empirical evidence is needed and “logic” doesn’t refute experiment. 

When discussing ideas based on “logic,” it doesn’t mean “this is intuitive to me personally.” You’re conflating “logic” with “this seems to make sense to my uninformed perspective.”

Theres no reason for continued confusion here now unless you’re being willfully obtuse. 

21 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

As I said before, your version of logic isn't mainstream, so you need to explain it before anyone can accept it. Not sure why you think formal logic isn't allowed here.

If it's anything like the posts in the Trash, you'll need to explain it and persuade us that it has meaning, and for that type of discussion we have the Speculations section.

Well I am not allowed to comment on the other posts that were blocked.

17 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

Well I am not allowed to comment on the other posts that were blocked.

Specifically, you made claims about magnets that you couldn't support, and despite several people trying to explain it to you, you just kept waiving your hands insistently until the thread was closed. Our policy on that is you can't bring it up again in other threads because you didn't support it the first time. 

If you think you can actually support your ideas, open a new thread in Speculations. But you better have more than what you demonstrated in those trashed threads. Nobody but you knew what you were talking about there.

Or you can pretend we told you your logic isn't allowed and we're blocking you.

28 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Specifically, you made claims about magnets that you couldn't support, and despite several people trying to explain it to you, you just kept waiving your hands insistently until the thread was closed. Our policy on that is you can't bring it up again in other threads because you didn't support it the first time. 

If you think you can actually support your ideas, open a new thread in Speculations. But you better have more than what you demonstrated in those trashed threads. Nobody but you knew what you were talking about there.

Or you can pretend we told you your logic isn't allowed and we're blocking you.

Ok ….you also have your opinions and I respect that so let’s just say that I have been truly told off then.As I say,I am not allowed to comment again on that logic apparently or else I will get blocked.

22 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

Ok ….you also have your opinions and I respect that so let’s just say that I have been truly told off then.As I say,I am not allowed to comment again on that logic apparently or else I will get blocked.

Discussion might not be right for you. You don't seem to read what other write, and prefer your own interpretations about everything, even when it's explained to you. Knowledge doesn't come easily to those who are overly stubborn about learning. 

Can I suggest you start a blog somewhere? If you aren't interested in studying mainstream science, you have to persuade others that you know better than those who've helped put together the total of accumulated human knowledge to date. You don't need us correcting you with facts you haven't studied, and with a blog you can block comments and just post whatever comes to you.

17 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Discussion might not be right for you. You don't seem to read what other write, and prefer your own interpretations about everything, even when it's explained to you. Knowledge doesn't come easily to those who are overly stubborn about learning. 

Can I suggest you start a blog somewhere? If you aren't interested in studying mainstream science, you have to persuade others that you know better than those who've helped put together the total of accumulated human knowledge to date. You don't need us correcting you with facts you haven't studied, and with a blog you can block comments and just post whatever comes to you.

With all due respect the whole of the present scientific model is about to collapse, is it not? So what authority on science are you referring to?

Also as matter disappears into many many of your black holes, are you going to put your hand up to go and get it again so it can be put down your mainstream sciences single hole/point….lol….

Listen, if you want to be made to look a fool in front of your piers then carry on I’m up for it….or are you going to take the cowards way out again and block me because your ego gets the better of you again?

Edited by Jasper10

15 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

the whole of the present scientific model is about to collapse, is it not?

No

16 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

Listen, if you want to be made to look a fool in front of your piers then carry on I’m up for it….or are you going to take the cowards way out again and block me because your ego gets the better of you again?

Obvious troll is obvious 

*peers

Just now, iNow said:

No

Ha Ha …are you sure of that or are you speculating?

1 minute ago, iNow said:

No

Obvious troll is obvious 

*peers

You never made mention to all the matter disappearing into many many of your mainstream sciences black holes, so how can it possibly all disappear into a single hole (point)?

You’ve missed the important bit of my post out.

14 minutes ago, Jasper10 said:

Ha Ha …are you sure of that or are you speculating?

You never made mention to all the matter disappearing into many many of your mainstream sciences black holes, so how can it possibly all disappear into a single hole (point)?

You’ve missed the important bit of my post out.

You see it is so easy to dismantle the present theories and I could tell you loads more but you don’t want to know because you don’t want to learn and your blinkin egos get in the way.

10 minutes ago, iNow said:

Well.., I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it, Bob

Ha Ha is that all you have got to come back with?

If you knew anything at all about consciousness then you would know that there is no such thing as a black hole.You can’t define a hole by a colour.

It’s just a hole!!!!!

And any scientists who thinks an elephant is identical in every aspect to its trunk or leg ….well……

Edited by Jasper10

1 hour ago, Jasper10 said:

With all due respect the whole of the present scientific model is about to collapse, is it not? So what authority on science are you referring to?

The one you didn't study in school, and are now desperately trying to debunk so you can appear educated. Look, it takes some of us longer to get it, but once you try learning actual science instead of this weird mental masturbation where you make it up based on ignorance, it gets easier to put together. Science is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle cut from the layers of an onion. It's all connected, and you need to put a LOT of effort into learning, but ultimately it will be worth much more than what you're doing. Remember, your computer and GPS work because Einstein was right.

10 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The one you didn't study in school, and are now desperately trying to debunk so you can appear educated. Look, it takes some of us longer to get it, but once you try learning actual science instead of this weird mental masturbation where you make it up based on ignorance, it gets easier to put together. Science is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle cut from the layers of an onion. It's all connected, and you need to put a LOT of effort into learning, but ultimately it will be worth much more than what you're doing. Remember, your computer and GPS work because Einstein was right.

Any it doesn’t take much effort to debunk it does it?

What would you know about what I know? …you need to get control of that ego of yours…it’s your downfall.

Science,presence,awareness,experience,consciousness,thoughts and emotions are all interconnected you mean.

Believe me I have put a lot of effort into learning how it is all interconnected and you are very lacking in your understanding and even the bit you think you know is utter nonsense and the present scientific theory is about to collapse, so I ask you once again,who is this authority on science you speak of?

Edited by Jasper10

8 hours ago, Phi for All said:

8 hours ago, Jasper10 said:

I thought this was a general philosophy section of the forum? It is just my opinion and a conceptual idea based upon my personal experiences which may or may not be of use,hence why I commented in the general philosophy section.I could give more information to support my opinions but it’s to do with logic and I have been told not to, so I won’t.I don’t want to break the rules of the forum.

First I say it's somewhat refreshing to have it stated as an opinion off the bat, when often it is just a declarative statement.
Okay, so there is a formal exposition of something like "Supra-logical formulae", in either Tertium Organum or A New Model of the Universe, iirc. I put out shorthand earlier, I think.

Going for the nads vis a vis, "My elephant trumps your high energy physics", is not appropriate for this thread.

Lastly I will say that The Fourth Way as explained by G.I. Gurdjieff, P.D. Ouspensky, Mme de Salzmann, et al., is meant to be a scientific study of consciousness in man. I need to figure out the definitions or premises again, but I think Conscious Awareness and level of Being were points of demarcation. [edit Being into my comparison between goose rock man]

Edited by NTuft

It is my opinion that the electromagnetic fields that saturate the universe at both the macro and micro levels are created by the spin of stars/planets/subatomic particles in those electromagnetic fields,the spin  creating the electrical signals that create the electromagnetic fields thus producing the 4 magnetic force interactions (2 attractions/2 repulsion’s) that are required for push/pull balance.

Given the consistent crap and nonstop nonsense you’ve been posting here since registering, I reckon it’s safe to say that nobody gives a flying ____ about your “opinions.’

10 minutes ago, iNow said:

Given the consistent crap and nonstop nonsense you’ve been posting here since registering, I reckon it’s safe to say that nobody gives a flying ____ about your “opinions.’

In my opinion, the issue you have is that you need to definitively prove that.It is my opinion that the 4 magnetic interactions (2 attractions/2 repulsion’s) would provide a spring like push/pull effect that would be the reason matter is held together.Hey,if you don’t give a flying……about my opinions then you wouldn’t be on here getting so upset about my opinions …..surely?

Edited by Jasper10