What's the story behind your username?

LazyLemonLucas

How did you all formulate your usernames?

My username is LazyLemonLucas. One, I'm not lazy I just had to put it in there to make it an alitteration. Two, I'm not a lemon, again, I just had to put it in there to make an altteration. Three, my real name isn't Lucas either. It was actually one of my old buddies who I met in school and I just thought that it would be cool to have my username as his namesake. 

Lazy. Lemon. Lucas. Triple L. 

Edited by LazyLemonLucas

I am a brain in a vat.  Pretty straightforward. 

Or, from an epistemological standpoint, I have no way to determine that I am not a brain in a vat, being fed sensory data through wires which simulate having a body.

And a very bossy cat.

5 minutes ago, TheVat said:

I am a brain in a vat.  Pretty straightforward. 

Or, from an epistemological standpoint, I have no way to determine that I am not a brain in a vat, being fed sensory data through wires which simulate having a body.

And a very bossy cat.

Awesome. 

Thanks.  It would be, if the simulation was of better quality.

Re your moniker, I initially thought it might be a blues musician name, like the famous Blind Lemon Jefferson.  Glad to know you're not a lemon, or lazy.  Though the former would probably invite the latter.

I am looking forward to learning how @StringJunky acquired his username.  I've heard addictions to string, twine, any sort of cordage, can be debilitating.

44 minutes ago, LazyLemonLucas said:

Lazy. Lemon. Lucas. Triple L. 

Aha! Out-Supermanning Superman. (I know, I know. It's not the the monster, it's the doctor who made him - Jerry Siegel )

Mine is left over from a defunct forum, which was my first (of two) attempts to upload a picture, and I wasn't going to waste it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrambled_Eggs_(1939_film)

especially since the other one is a tiny melon - I mean, how seriously could anyone take logical deduction promulgated by a little green melon?

Edited by Peterkin
new keyboard; my fingers get confused

many many moons ago I was awakened rather rudely on the beach under a full moon, I was naked with a bottle of tequila in the sand beside me. They asked me what I was doing and I said getting a moon tan, the rest is infamy. 

10 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

many many moons ago I was awakened rather rudely on the beach under a full moon, I was naked with a bottle of tequila in the sand beside me. They asked me what I was doing and I said getting a moon tan, the rest is infamy. 

And here I thought it was hillbilly for mountain....

Or, technically, "them yonder hills."  Is this thread suitable for merger with The Meaning Behind thread that INow posted?  (I guess I should run a search on that thread to learn the truth behind INow and StringJunky.  And whether Phi for All is offering everyone wavefunctions or golden ratios.  I already have the former. )

2 hours ago, Peterkin said:

Aha! Out-Supermanning Superman. (I know, I know. It's not the the monster, it's the doctor who made him - Jerry Siegel )

Mine is left over from a defunct forum, which was my first (of two) attempts to upload a picture, and I wasn't going to waste it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrambled_Eggs_(1939_film)

especially since the other one is a tiny melon - I mean, how seriously could anyone take logical deduction promulgated by a little green melon?

Andrew Mellon established a vast business empire and was Secretary of the Treasury during the boom years of the 1920s.  I would think he had some capacity for logic.

6 minutes ago, TheVat said:

(I guess I should run a search on that thread to learn the truth behind INow and StringJunky.  And whether Phi for All is offering everyone wavefunctions or golden ratios.  I

You'll find me and Phi, but not String. His is super confusing, I know. ;) 

Mine's short for InfiniteNow, and early summary of my feelings on time. 

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

You'll find me and Phi, but not String. His is super confusing, I know. ;) 

It's obvious that StringJunky is Sean Bean's handsomer little brother, and String Bean is what Sean affectionately calls him. 

I joined when I was creating a number of online accounts (some personal, some for work), and wasn't going to try and get too clever. Last name, first initial. Reduced chance of registering a name already in use, so I wouldn't have to be Gandalf7 on one site and Gandalf44 on another and keep track of which one was associated with which site.

My now-dormant blog's name (Swans on Tea) is a phonetic derivative of this.

18 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

It's obvious that StringJunky is Sean Bean's handsomer little brother, and String Bean is what Sean affectionately calls him. 

And here I thought it had to do with an obsession with cheese, as in the pullable mozzarella variety.

Even luthiers like physics, though.

1 hour ago, iNow said:

That seemed to be awhile ago with different people

28 minutes ago, swansont said:

I joined when I was creating a number of online accounts (some personal, some for work), and wasn't going to try and get too clever. Last name, first initial. Reduced chance of registering a name already in use, so I wouldn't have to be Gandalf7 on one site and Gandalf44 on another and keep track of which one was associated with which site.

I though it was pronounced "swan-sont" not "swans-on-t(ea)" 

Good to know

6 minutes ago, LazyLemonLucas said:

That seemed to be awhile ago with different people

Several members contributing here to your thread also contributed to that one, so maybe not so different, after all

17 minutes ago, LazyLemonLucas said:

I though it was pronounced "swan-sont" not "swans-on-t(ea)" 

Good to know

And in practice, "Swanson" is not pronounced as "Swans  + on" (i.e. it's not pronounced Swanzon)

My username itself out loud would be "Swanson T" And I often spell my last name when conversing on the phone, since any garbling will sometimes have it register as Watson, and that causes all sorts of problems.

Some people here have introduced typos and called me e.g. swansnot (Some doing so repeatedly, such that one begins to wonder if it was deliberate)

33 minutes ago, iNow said:

Several members contributing here to your thread also contributed to that one, so maybe not so different, after all

There are also additional threads with the same theme. I once contributed to one but it is not the one you linked to.

1 hour ago, swansont said:

No wonder i think of swans on a lake of tea when i read your name! 

2 hours ago, Peterkin said:

And here I thought it was hillbilly for mountain....

I was born on a mountain raised in a cave... no wait that's something else. I was raised a hillbilly but my adult life has been spent on the beach. 

37 minutes ago, zapatos said:

There are also additional threads with the same theme. I once contributed to one but it is not the one you linked to.

That would be this one:

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Y

jelly

What

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Some people here have introduced typos and called me e.g. swansnot (Some doing so repeatedly, such that one begins to wonder if it was deliberate)

Haha, "swans no tea" 

Poor swan.

20 minutes ago, iNow said:

Y

jelly

An excellent handle, in case old people need a laugh.

1 hour ago, Moontanman said:

I was raised a hillbilly but my adult life has been spent on the beach. 

Positive progression!

Not that I have anything against hills; I just like beaches.