I don't want to go back

ALine

For the first time in a long time I finally felt the breath of fresh air of truely wanting to learn. I felt it during my internship learning about deep learning and AI this summer. It feels so good that I never wanna go back to not wanting to learn. 

What advice can yall given to help me stop going back?

anigif_sub-buzz-315-1567608204-1.gif

Edited by ALine

42 minutes ago, ALine said:

For the first time in a long time I finally felt the breath of fresh air of truely wanting to learn. I felt it during my internship learning about deep learning and AI this summer. It feels so good that I never wanna go back to not wanting to learn. 

anigif_sub-buzz-315-1567608204-1.gif

Congratulations, there's nothing like the sweet smell of curiosity, enjoy it while it lasts; because no matter what measures you employ, you can't protect yourself from the future...

Happy learning 🤞 🖖

2 hours ago, ALine said:

How is this newfound inspiration affecting the rest of your life? I'm betting most things in your life are slightly better since you've found this passion for learning. There is a profound difference in the way we navigate life when our feet find a path that excites us.

Yeah its very weird. Like before when I felt something similar to this I was taking antidepresents. Which I am sure I ranted about something similar to this before. But now it feels for natural. More organic. Like I am entering into a new epoch of my life and that I can learn so many new possibilities which can help me so much. 

Like with computer science for example. I feel as though I have become so complacent about understanding it. Almost like I create some boundary for myself to stop at and be "satisfied" with. Now its like "Oh, well there is actually an infinite number of things to learn and I have be purposefully stagnating and, excuse my language, retarding myself from advancing further. Like I was my own boundary. 

Like before this internship I thought I new everything about Neural Networks. Turns out, I was being a butt to myself for assuming so, because that "ego" was the thing that was holding me back. 

The problem is that I keep feeling that ego trying to pull me back in. Like I have to catch myself from preventing myself from learning and getting into a kind of "layman's trap." Being lazy and not wanting to better both myself and my understanding for the world.

Hopefully that all makes sense. 

I recently purchased brilliant this morning and will be trying kahn academy each day to see if I can continuously challenge myself and prevent the ego from taking its ugly holds back.

11 hours ago, Phi for All said:

How is this newfound inspiration affecting the rest of your life? I'm betting most things in your life are slightly better since you've found this passion for learning. There is a profound difference in the way we navigate life when our feet find a path that excites us.

Yeah its very weird. Like before when I felt something similar to this I was taking antidepresents. Which I am sure I ranted about something similar to this before. But now it feels for natural. More organic. Like I am entering into a new epoch of my life and that I can learn so many new possibilities which can help me so much. 

Like with computer science for example. I feel as though I have become so complacent about understanding it. Almost like I create some boundary for myself to stop at and be "satisfied" with. Now its like "Oh, well there is actually an infinite number of things to learn and I have be purposefully stagnating and, excuse my language, retarding myself from advancing further. Like I was my own boundary. 

Like before this internship I thought I new everything about Neural Networks. Turns out, I was being a butt to myself for assuming so, because that "ego" was the thing that was holding me back. 

The problem is that I keep feeling that ego trying to pull me back in. Like I have to catch myself from preventing myself from learning and getting into a kind of "layman's trap." Being lazy and not wanting to better both myself and my understanding for the world.

Hopefully that all makes sense. 

I recently purchased brilliant this morning and will be trying kahn academy each day to see if I can continuously challenge myself and prevent the ego from taking its ugly holds back.

also sorry for the double post, scienceforus wont let me edit it

@Phi for All Dang, I think I quoted you without every answering your question. I think it makes things a WHOOOOOOLE lot easier. Like, before I was like, "dang, how am I gonna pass my classes." Now I am like," brah....study. And have fun with it." The answer just seems so obvious now. With learning....I can understanding exactly what needs to be done and then I can just...do it. OOP, machine learning, heck chemistry, physics, biology. All things so just seem like I actually have a "chance" to begin exploring them. Sure they were there in the past for me to, but I was, and still slightly am, complacent to learn them. Just a little less so now. I wanna challenge myself now to learn as much as I can so I can create as much as I can so I can do as much as I can. 

11 hours ago, dimreepr said:

.....I'll take what I can get I guess. From life that is :D

12 hours ago, ALine said:

The answer just seems so obvious now.

Oh yeah, you're hooked. The crazy has you now. Congratulations!

This is the start of your personal brand. You're a learner. With that basic template, you know generally what your response will be to any situation. You'll try to learn as much as you can, and relate it to your skillsets and what really interests you. Things should continue to seem so obvious as long as you stay on brand.

3 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

This is the start of your personal brand. You're a learner. With that basic template, you know generally what your response will be to any situation. You'll try to learn as much as you can, and relate it to your skillsets and what really interests you. Things should continue to seem so obvious as long as you stay on brand.

LOL +1

12 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Yeah I am startin ta get that. Like how programs are just memory stores and retrievals and operations and how complex systems can be broken down into less complex systems. But not like "up and down" but like "side by side." Like its all simple, its just the interactions between them that make them "complex." 

hang on.

YARN | Actually, let me grab my white board. | Rick and Morty (2013) -  S02E01 | Video clips by quotes | f0d7c659 | 紗

image.thumb.png.8eec42d64cb6b009f82471009e20f04e.png

so the different levels of complexity for understand how something is or works is dependent on the simple concepts of this which interconnect. Is like how in math functions interrelate with functions in order to create more "complex" functions....hang on, is math just big "connectome" of different interacting rules which themselves interact/interrelate? Weird. 

But anyway "complexity" is just interrelationships between existing known things which are just formed between other known things.

Soooo that would mean that there is no "simplest" thing. Everything is just simple relative to my understanding. Like a compression of relationships so to speak.

I just...I just got way off track but yeah. Things Literally are just simple. Now do not get me wrong, things can be non-understood/not known. However once it is know it becomes just a single point is like a giant graph structure.....thing

Also curse you @dimreeprsong was stuck in my head all day.