Is there a termed word for the conceptual or abstractial process I put together?

tylers100

Introduction

Abstractial process: A system, object, or its property's transition between states (open, partial open/close, and close).

Examples

1. A water bottle: a) no cap on it = open, b) cap on but not locked = partial open / close, and c) cap on and locked = close.

2. Human body and drink: a) thirst for a drink = open, b) partial thirst = partial open / close, and c) not thirst = close.

3. Psychology behaviour in friendship: a) full interaction = open, b) limited interaction = partial open/close, c) no interaction at all = close.

4. Psychology behaviour in learning: a) learning = open, b) partial learning = partial, c) not learning = close.

Situational Dependent

Each of these states of the abstractial process, is situational dependent (e.g. positive outcome, neutral stance, or negative consequence).

Terming a Word for the Process

The abstractial process as defined and described with some examples above, to me is almost similar to mechanism in machinary (e.g. open, partial open/close, and close pattern) although is quite different and is more abstract, psychology, or biology I think. Also, it is almost similar to 'change' itself in the Nature but is very basic.

Still, I'm having a bit of difficult with coming up or finding a right termed word for the process. Please let me know if you know a term word for the said process.

Diagram Image

The abstractial process I put together, is on a diagram picture I made - see attached image.

abstractial-process_by-tylers_2022.png

Can I respectfully request you change your terminology ?

This is to avoid confusion/conflict with the already accepted definitions/use of the terms 'open system' and 'closed system' and 'state'.

The first two are not properties of state as implied and their actual definition is quite different from yours.

Patterns are everywhere, and I think it's a mistake to conflate something mechanical (and fairly straightforward) with human behavior or biology. A water bottle may only have 3 states wrt being open but humans have a spectrum of feelings about being thirsty. 

What does your concept do or help explain?

1 hour ago, studiot said:

Can I respectfully request you change your terminology ?

This is to avoid confusion/conflict with the already accepted definitions/use of the terms 'open system' and 'closed system' and 'state'.

The first two are not properties of state as implied and their actual definition is quite different from yours.

Yes if that is to avoid confusion/conflict with the already established definitions/use of terms but though, does the already established definitions include what I'm talking about? To clarify, what I already stated so far is very abstract and in a way I used it as term for abstract, non-physical (e.g. psychology), and physical in general (e.g. universal term and meaning).

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Patterns are everywhere, and I think it's a mistake to conflate something mechanical (and fairly straightforward) with human behavior or biology. A water bottle may only have 3 states wrt being open but humans have a spectrum of feelings about being thirsty. 

What does your concept do or help explain?

Potentially a lot of things, but for now one; waste management.

Potentially understand and make waste management / trash stuff to be environmental friendly at first place (decompose into the Nature more correctly, I guess.) by understanding the nature of open, partial, and closed system - something that allow or disallow conversion to take place leading to decompose.

I'm aware that I may be jumping a bit too ahead or lagging behind.

4 hours ago, tylers100 said:

Yes if that is to avoid confusion/conflict with the already established definitions/use of terms but though, does the already established definitions include what I'm talking about? To clarify, what I already stated so far is very abstract and in a way I used it as term for abstract, non-physical (e.g. psychology), and physical in general (e.g. universal term and meaning).

No they are quite different, which is why I raised the subject.

For instance in thermodynamics we have

A open system allows both energy and matter to pass freely into and out of the system.

A closed system allows only energy to pass into and out of the system but not matter.

An isolated system does not allow either matter or energy to pass into or out of the system.

Note that the terms open, closed and isolated refer to exchanges between the system and its environment.

Not the values of properties of the system itself.

It is the system's own properties that determines the 'state' of a system.

As energy or matter enter or leave the system, the system changes its state according to the controlling relationships of Thermodynamics.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, studiot said:

No they are quite different, which is why I raised the subject.

For instance in thermodynamics we have

A open system allows both energy and matter to pass freely into and out of the system.

A closed system allows only energy to pass into and out of the system but not matter.

An isolated system does not allow either matter or energy to pass into or out of the system.

Note that the terms open, closed and isolated refer to exchanges between the system and its environment.

Not the values of properties of the system itself.

It is the system's own properties that determines the 'state' of a system.

As energy or matter enter or leave the system, the system changes its state according to the controlling relationships of Thermodynamics.

Ok, I'm a bit confused by a difference between exchange and state. I thought open, closed, or isolated would refer as a state of environment and / or system.

Does exchange also mean interaction?

I have developed another diagram, this time within the physical science domain; understanding thermodynamics, version 0.1 - The thermodynamics version 0.1 is based on both yours definition / description of the thermodynamics and my current understanding. Please let me know if the diagram is right, accurate, approximated, close, or wrong. It is version 0.1 after all (e.g. early version and room for an improvement of learning, understanding, and gain knowledge).

(note: If you notice I often make some diagrams, it is my way of trying to understand some subjects.)

understanding-thermodynamics_v01_by-tylers_2022.png