Artificial Consciousness Is Impossible

10 hours ago, moreno7798 said:

As stated by Blake Lemoine, he was not having a conversation with just the text chatbot, he was accessing the system for generating chatbots, which by his words is a system that processes all of google's data acquisition assets including vision, audio, language and all of the internet data assets available to google. What do you make of Blake Lemoine? 

If he was accessing other 'processes' then he was not dealing with Lamda. 

If he has been giving information out about Google's inner workings I'm not surprised he had to leave, I'm sure he violated many agreements he made when signing up with them. But given what he believed about the AI, he did the right thing. I don't know anything more about him than that. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, Prometheus said:

If he was accessing other 'processes' then he was not dealing with Lamda. 

If he has been giving information out about Google's inner workings I'm not surprised he had to leave, I'm sure he violated many agreements he made when signing up with them. But given what he believed about the AI, he did the right thing. I don't know anything more about him than that. 

I may be veering off a little bit off topic here, but perhaps it may be beneficial to understand him a bit more to have a more rounded opinion about why (or how) he came to the sentience conclusion. I found the H3 podcast did an indepth interview about his background. It's interesting.