Signing out.

I may have suggested this a couple of years ago, but I believe it should be reconsidered. On rare occasions, particularly when I am a busy little beaver, I sometimes forget to sign out. Put it down to being an old bastard if you like. 😉

Is it possible for one of our IT experts to add a automatic sign out procedure after say 2 hours inactivity? 

I thought that was only a problem when using public computers, where someone could come along after you and backtrack through your history and obtain logins from unterminated sessions. Are there additional risks? 

14 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I thought that was only a problem when using public computers, where someone could come along after you and backtrack through your history and obtain logins from unterminated sessions. Are there additional risks? 

No, I am at home on my own computer Phi, and actually forgot to sign out last night and found it still on this morning. Certainly no danger or concern about anyone backtracking my history. Just an inconveneince I suppose?

Edited by beecee

Got it, I thought you were talking about the difference between signing out and closing the tab/browser. 

If this could be a choice, that would be best. Sometimes I'm logged on but just checking for activity and reports, so I'd get signed out several times a day if the system looked at me every two hours.

Definitely an admin level request. Those folks are amazing. Cook an egg in the shell just by standing next to it, they're so brilliant. 

17 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I'd rather it not be done globally. I almost never sign out and prefer the simplicity of being logged in whenever I visit the site. 

Same here.

(i.e. much prefer to stay signed in)